Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My first tournament Report MD Regionals with RAIEGGS

octillery49

So................... as you can see from the title I'm playing Raieggs just because it's that cool........................................................................................... oh yeah, and because I didn't have
the cards to make anything else:frown: so I get there fill out me and my brothers decklists
borrow a DRE from some guy (I can't remember his name but if you are reading this thank
you so much it improved my deck a lot). I didn't take notes so if any of my opponents are reading
this and anything is inaccurate please let me know. Now, on to the matches:

Round 1( Apparently according to other threads about MD Regionals he wants his deck secret)

He get's out a pokemon the name of which I can't say and clears through my field of
Pokemon and I can't draw into a scramble for Raichu so I lose. 0-1

Round 2 (Togekiss/Garchomp/Blissey tech)
Best match I've played EVER he gets a decent start and so do I
I Delta Draw he uses Keen Eye we trade prizes and I spread damage around then towards
the end of the game I get out my Lucario Lv.X activating stance we are both down to 1 prize
and he thinks for a while and eventually retreats garchomp and uses warp point and I look
at my bench to try to decide what to switch for and see he can knock out any of my pokemon
wo I switch for Raichu and he takes his last prize. 0-2

So lunch break I eat lunch and talk to some people. then it's round 3

Round 3 (Electivire/Raichu/Donphan)
Field full of basics with pokepowers+Cess. Crystal=win for me. 1-2

Round 4 (Togekiss/Salamence)
I take an early lead but then she sets up a Salamence with like 9 energy and
I draw nothing so she wins. 1-3

Round 5 (Marshtomp/Empoleon/Suicune/Mantine)
He gets nothing and I get a decent start and just snipe away at
his pokemon.2-3

Round 6 (Electivire/Lickilicky/starters)
Lickiliky is annoying but After I knock it out I just plow through his vires. 3-3

Round 7 (Togekiss/ho-oh)
So we both get good starts I knock out his pachi and Snipe around a bit
I have control over the field and everything I could need in my hand, but I happen to
look down and see that I forgot to put out my prizes:nonono: so we call over a judge he thinks for
a while and says that he has to give me an auto loss for the round:frown:.3-4
So me and my opponent
move over to a table in the back and play another game I T3 him and we talk for a while.
Then I leave.

Props (In no particular order)
RAIEGGS.
Trading for the DRE.
The TO and Judges.
Unnoficialy winning more matches than I lost
Ho-oh/Togekiss
Meeting Ninetales1234(Raieggs will never die..................until next season)
The deck that my first round opponent was playing it was awesome.
Meeting Elissa
My Dad

Slops
Forgetting to put out my prizes:frown::mad::nonono:
officially losing more than I won
My little brother going 1-4 (I didn't know so many juniors played archetypes)

That's all:pokeball:

Darn. Wish there was more than one RaiEggs out of the 137 people there. Maybe I could see your list? Here's mine:

4x H. Castform
4x Exeggcutor
4x Exeggcute
4x Pikachu
3x Raichu [HP]
1x Raichu [PK]

3x Holon Mentor
3x Celio's
3x BF
3x Cess Crystal
3x Strength Charm
2x Wager
2x CopyCat
2x Castaway
1x Steven's
1x Rowan
1x TSD
1x Crystal Shard
1x H. Legacy

4x Scramble
4x DRE
3x Special Metal
2x Basic Metal

Good luck in the future with RaiEggs!
(I didn't know so many juniors played archetypes)
Surprising isn't it?
There just seems to be extreme divergence in playing ability and deck quality in the Juniors. Some just keep to themselves and don't ask for any help, whereas, a lot of them do get help from other players and playtest with friends and build great decks.

Mine was:

4 Pikachu D(1 P5 other 3 HP)
4 Raichu D (HP)
4 Exeggcute D
4 Exeggutor D
4 Holon's Castform
1 Riolu
1 Lucario
1 Lucario Lv.X
4 Celio's Ntwork
2 Castaway
2 Strength charm
1 Buffer piece
3 Cess. Crystal
1 Scott
2 Holon Legacy
3 Holon Mentor
1 Roseannes's Research
2 Night Maintenance
3 Holon Adventurer
1 Warp Point
3 Delta Rainbow Energy
4 Fighting
4 Scramble
1 Double Rainbow

I focus on attacking more with Eggs than Raichu but especially at the tournament on sunday
Raichu is very helpfull still.

I LOVE you for playing RaiEggs... you are a true hero! Play that old school!

Don't feel alone about not putting out prizes. I lost a States while in Top 4 for doing it. Now I'm famous for it. :rolleyes:

dude, I gotta give you MEGA props.
I saw this thread and i was thinking "wait, is raieggs even legal?" and then im like... DUDE, it IS.
thats so cool..

I LOVE you for playing RaiEggs... you are a true hero! Play that old school!

Don't feel alone about not putting out prizes. I lost a States while in Top 4 for doing it. Now I'm famous for it. :rolleyes:

my little brother (bretkid) lost states in top 4 for accidentally laying down a 7th prize.
the judge gave him an automatic loss... when he was already beating the guy, and would've (by matchups) moved on to beat me in the finals. I was ticked off about that...:nonono:

Great Job, dude!!! I like that your trying to bring Delta back, lol!!! That took a lot of guts to run that at a big tourney, so good luck at your other tourneys too, Later!!!

Back