Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Machamp Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

kls2000

I have been playing this deck for a while and finally decided to post it. There is nothing fancy about it, but it has done pretty well (more wins than losses). I just wanted to see what other people had to say about and any ideas to make it better.

I used to run 2-2 Dugtrio CG to protect the bench, but if I had a bad start, then the bench is the last of my worries. I also tried Blastoise D to eliminate the weakness, but that too seemed problematic.

Pokemon: 18
4-2-4 Machamp (DP)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
4 Sableye (CG)

Trainers/Supporters: 27
4 rare candy
3 professor birch
2 night maintenance
4 Bebes's
2 plus power
3 pokedex
3 pokenav
3 great ball
2 warp point
1 switch

Energy: 16
11 :fighting:Energy
2 Scramble
2 DRE

The strategy is to start with sableye and disable any attack they might try (for example Absol - Baleful Wind). Get baltoy/claydol setup as quickly as possible and start thinning the deck. Then, get at least one Machamp ready with a :fighting: energy and start working on the second Machamp. The object is to wear out their pokemon with 1 energy (70 damage) attacks.

If you start with Machop, that is not too bad, since for 1 :fighting: energy you can do 20 (which really helps against Absol and/or Sentret.

When Sableye is knocked out, use Machamp's revenge attack to hit for 70 with one :fighting: energy, and if 10 more damage is needed, then drop a plus power down.

The hardest deck I have run into is Gardevoir LV.X with "Bring Down", but that is one reason I have Sableye.

Hm... don't see to many fighting decks around, with G&G, Plox, and all. Maybe run quick ball insted of sableye. Or 2 absol, 2 sableye.

maybe 2-2 lucario to damage spread? that way you could do damage to your opponents bench and when facing an opponent who uses gardevoir's bring down his pokemon may have the lowest hp instead of yours. wow and sableye looks annoying. it locks up call for friends and whatever other starting moves. i just see your deck getting torn apart against psychic decks but if you say it runs well then it should be fine.

Maybe use Bronzong ?

Thanks for the comments.

I contemplated the Lucario line, but it has the same weakness as Machamp.
I am thinking of running 1-1 or 2-2 Bronzong to counter my obvious :psychic: weakness and possibly even help with Magmortar matchups. I think the main reason the deck does not get clobbered by :psychic: decks is that there is no BIG :psychic: hitter that can OHKO Machamp

Maybe 1-1 Bronzong and then 2 Sableye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back