3 Switch
4 Pokemon Nurse
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Town Volunteers

Energy
5 lighting
13 Water

Last edited:
Try getting rid of 1 Copycat and put in 1 more Oak's Research.
-1 Wailord ex
-2 Elekid
-1 Zigzagoon
-1 Linoone
-3 Water
+3 Multi
+2 Wobbuffet
+3 Dunsparce

Other than that, the deck looks consistent, and should put BAR in its place. If you can get set up fast, and unload some damage then you should have no problem. But watch out for Sceptile EX.

Last edited:
It depends on your area. Where you go to your SC, (state championship) if the competition is tough, there's no way you'll be able to beat Blaziken. If they get out Blaziken ex you are done for. Wailord ex dies horribly to Blaziken.

On the other hand, if the competition isn't all that good, you may be able to pull off a few victories against Blaziken, but if you make T8 you prolly won't win against a Blaziken deck.

You've made about 6 posts about Wailord ex now, and every time people come on telling ya it won't work. You don't need to keep asking, we've given our opinions. I think that Wailord ex doesn't have a snowball's chance against a GOOD Blaziken player, unless you have more skill than they have luck.

Okay. Bulbasnore, CoolHedgie, GodTrainer, let's get one thing straight: The title of the thread is:

"my states deck could it beat blaz ex"

He's asking for an opinion on whether or not the deck can beat Blaziken ex or not, are we clear on that? If so, I think you'll find I posted on topic and you can't pin anything on me about going off topic or anything, because I'm adhering specifically to the topic, which, as stated above, is asking for an opinion, which I've given here.

Don't call me names, let's get that straight. GodTrainer, you want to call somebody names, AIM me, but don't post it here. People don't need to read that stuff.

Wooper

Venusaur said:
but OHKOs destroy that strategy.

What OHKO's Wailord ex besides Rayquaza ex......oh yeah.....Rayquaza ex..........DOOM!
This deck won't win a SC with a level of HIGH competition like Texas or STL! XP

Wooper

Hey, I don't think we're going to see a lot of BEX in the 11-14 age group. We actually have two of them and can't run them since we don't have the holo R/S Blaze. :(
Are you ready?
---Nicole
WeileMom

SuperWooper said:
What OHKO's Wailord ex besides Rayquaza ex......oh yeah.....Rayquaza ex..........DOOM!
This deck won't win a SC with a level of HIGH competition like Texas or STL! XP

Wooper

Hey, man. Don't diss Team Texas, mmmkay? ;)

well weile mom im ready is ashley ready guys must really underestimmate me becuase my deck is really good adn i have played a good blaz ex player and i won bar decks are no problem in the last la cc there was a amphy ex some magnetons a ghardevior and i won thats why i have the elekid becuase of gather energy

lookinforwailordex said:
well weile mom im ready is ashley ready guys must really underestimmate me becuase my deck is really good adn i have played a good blaz ex player and i won bar decks are no problem in the last la cc there was a amphy ex some magnetons a ghardevior and i won thats why i have the elekid becuase of gather energy

Lookking4Wex, why'd you even post this?

You just ignore me, Jermy and PoKeY, because we gave our honest opinion. Don't bother posting things like this if you'll ignore what we say.

You just looking to see how many people support you? How many followers you have? Because if you are, don't crowd up the boards with things like this.

Wooper

A little harsh there Wooper :X

Though this deck stands little chance against a fast and powerful type like blaziken/ex/ray, it might still be fun to play. Try one of the former fixes and see what happens.

Last edited:
Regis_Neo said:
Thinking about it though, couldn't an eletric type (Ampharos or Raicku) OHKO Wailord EX?

Probably, and there was one in the 11-14 group that took Nevada states. Definitely something to watch out for.
Don't bother posting things like this if you'll ignore what we say.

SWoo and friends- he ignores you because you don't offer any reasons as to why his deck won't win. Do you think it's so just because you say it?
If you want to be taken seriously back up your "opinion".
To quote, " Don't crowd up the boards with things like this."

ToysRUsKid Good Luck v. Blaze, your so gonna need it.
|PoKeY| ditto to jermy, i dont see this deck winning in serious competition... sorry

At least Pokey said sorry.
Lookingforwailordex is a nice kid. There are many of us who truely don't understand your aversion to WEX. Why does it die to BEX? If he has a couple WEX on the bench and active Blaze can't hit them all at once, right? What if he reversals your Blaze Holo? And REX? Why is it an automatic loss? I really would like to understand. Please enlighten me!
---Nicole
WeileMom

I just saw this in another deck (Dendro's Kingdra ex here today and it makes perfect sense here.
Instead of Amphy, run Aq Kingdra and TA Manectric. It looks to be the most efficient in abusing Pokemon Nurse. Use Aq Kingdra to move Waters to benched TA Manectric, Nurse and move nrg back to active Wailord ex. I still think Blaziken decks with their ohko power would win but 100 a turn against other decks followed by Nurse could be very effective. Oh and take out Linoone.
That looks to be the most competitive Wailord ex deck. It actually looks competitive in theory!!!

Last edited:
WeileMom said:
Probably, and there was one in the 11-14 group that took Nevada states. Definitely something to watch out for.

SWoo and friends- he ignores you because you don't offer any reasons as to why his deck won't win. Do you think it's so just because you say it?
If you want to be taken seriously back up your "opinion".
To quote, " Don't crowd up the boards with things like this."

At least Pokey said sorry.
Lookingforwailordex is a nice kid. There are many of us who truely don't understand your aversion to WEX. Why does it die to BEX? If he has a couple WEX on the bench and active Blaze can't hit them all at once, right? What if he reversals your Blaze Holo? And REX? Why is it an automatic loss? I really would like to understand. Please enlighten me!
---Nicole
WeileMom

First, to answer his question no this deck doesn't stand a chance against a really good Blaziken player. Why? Because Blaziken just plain outspeeds it. Wailord is stuck powering up pretty much normally other than your elekid... but still that is not near enough speed. Rayquaza can go off on turn two if you get a decent set up for like 80-160. When one of your Wailords go down you're gonna take a LOT longer to rebuild than a Blaziken deck. Blaziken will rebuild basically like nothing happened. I know I've done that many times, someone has KOed my blaziken/Rayquaza ex and I just played a second one down and it was like nothing ever happened. Wailord is like something big did happen. While Wailord loses all of it's energy when it's koed and then you have to get those energy back into your hand... Blaziken simply reuses the energy that were discarded. There's no way you can match it's speed, that is why it will lose. Like TRUK said you will need a large amount of good luck and your opponent will need a lot of bad luck to lose this kind of matchup.

Weilemom no one here is doubting he's nice... dunno where you got that they simply posted an answer to his question. Maybe people would have backed up there opinions had he posted more than just "Will this beat blaziken ex?" Maybe a "Will this beat blaziken ex, why or why won't it?" would have gotten him reasons why. The reason it's an automatic loss against Rayquaza Ex is because Rayquaza is not only resistant to it but can OHKO anything in the deck. If you want even a small chance against Rayquaza you absolutely MUST play a few Crystal Shard.

To add to what YJ said, let's think about the speed of both decks. BRa gets set up turn two at best, turn four at worst. It's going to take 4 turns MINIMUM for Wex to get powered unless Elekid is factored into the equation. But there aren't enough Elekid in his deck for this to happen every other game, which is usually when Dunsparce in a multiple of 4 show up in your opening hand.

You're going to have 2 Wex in play fully pumped by turn 4? HOW??? Blaziken ex will attack the one with ENERGY so it can't attack for jack squat next turn. It's attack does 100- 10 for every damage counter on it. Notice that Blaziken ex's attack does exactly 100 damage. The Wailord ex without energy will not magically have a Base Blastoise fall from the sky and pump it up, it will sit there, needing four turns to get pumped, by which time Blaziken ex will have demolished the first Wailord ex, and Rayquaza with a lightning and 5 fire or 4 fire and a multi will be waiting for backup.

Rayquaza not only OHKOs Wex, it also has resistance to it, as YJ illustrated earlier. No matter HOW HEALED WEX IS, IT CAN NOT OHKO RAYQUAZA EX. Rayquaza ex will proceed to do some major damage to it, so that Wailord ex CAN NOT DO ANY DAMAGE WITH ITS SECOND ATTACK, unless they heal. If they do, horray for luck. But they'll need a crapload of healing cards to get Wex back to the point where he can attack.

If you're thinking, I'll switch for my other Wailord ex, which is fully loaded with energy, you're wrong. Blaziken gets up faster than Wex. It takes 4 energy and there aren't any pokemon powers to aid in it's powering. You're thinking, he'll use his Ampharos. That seems logical, but that's a lot to have out turn 3-4, doncha think? Especially in a deck without any decent starting basic (Dunsparce, Wynaut, etc.), all he's got is Elekid (interesting idea, but not enough copies included) and Linoone *shudders*, which won't be sufficient in the "booting up" stage of his deck.

For another thing, Wailord ex may be able to beat Blaziken ex, if there is a luck factor involved. And of course there is luck. I don't know about this Blaziken player Looking4Wex sez he beat, but I'm talking about MAJOR MAJOR competition. PLay some of the giants over the 'net. Jermy, YJ, Mudkip, they all know Blaziken inside out. And if you think I'm volunteering them w/o asking, cut me a break. They've been begging you to get apprentice so they can prove you wrong. They WANT to battle you, but you don't comply.

The deck's mechanics will be forever unstable. Slowbro/Milotic may be the light for the future for this card, but that will be pretty hard to pull off. 3 Slowbro's in play should do it for healing. Stall/attack at the same time. Until two sets from now, this card "stays in the shoebox", never to see the light of day until RSon.

Hero - I wasn't being harsh at all. I can't believe all these people are ganging up on me. GodTrainer, Kory, now even you. I was making a valid point. If you HONESTLY BELIEVE this deck will beat A GOOD BLAZIKEN EX PLAYER CONSISTANTLY, then post it here. I'm not talking an average player who's okay at the game, I'm talking a SKILLED player. If you believe so, put your argument here and we'll debate somewheres else.

But I doubt you actually think that. Most of the people on this board avoided this discussion, I somewhat wish I would have done the same, because this could easily turn into a FLAME WARS post. Hero, I don't know what your stance on this is, but post it here, because I'm waiting to find out.

Weilemom - It's good that you're nice, and you're sticking up for Lookin4Wex. There are two things that aren't so nice about this:
1) I didn't say Lookin4Wex wasn't nice, or cool or w/e. You accused everybody here who doesn't like Wex of that.
2) We've GIVEN OUR OPINIONS on other posts in different threads. We've given long, boring-to-type-up reasons on why Blaziken crushes this deck. Before MVA, I even gave Lookin4Wex's deck a spin, because:

I NEVER SAY ANYTHING GOOD OR BAD ABOUT A DECK UNTIL I'VE TESTED IT.

I tried this Amphy/Wex combo, it didn't work. Tried with Elekid, it didn't work. I was getting setup turn 5 at the earliest. I played Lookin4Wex's almost exact decklist.

I've already said, countless times, why this deck doesn't beat Rayquaza, Blaziken, Amphy ex, or any other competitive deck out there. I have valid ground on which I take my stance on this deck. It can't beat Blaziken ex, that's the end of the story.

-WOoP

PS - Maybe I should change my name to SuperWalrein.... :p

YoungJohn06 said:
Rayquaza can go off on turn two if you get a decent set up for like 80-160

I largely agree with your opinion on the deck, but this statement is rediculous.

I assume that you want to use Dunsparce for your first attack (so your first energy placement has to go there), so you would have to get two Blaziken in round two in order to just get 80 damage (120 with Rainbow). This assumes that you in the second round will need two Rare Candy, two Firestarter Blaziken, one non-fire energy and enough trainer cards to get two fire energy in the discard pile (second turn Delcatty with all the other things happening is not too likely).

Even the minimum damage specified turn 2 is not just a decent setup, it is a miracle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back