Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My VileGar for CA states. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedexter23

heres my list. i was playtesting at a tourny in LA today and got my butt KICKED in all 5 rounds. I was up against lostgar (which i only won by time), 2 vilegar mirrors than ran some more techs than me such as blissy PL, and a steelix which was just too high HP for me to take out. Please help me improve my list guys, id really like to do better than this at states!

Pokemon:

2 2 2 vileplume

3 2 1 3 gengar sf

gengar lvl x

crobat g

unown q

2 uxie

azelf

4 spiritomb

Trainers:

2 lookers

3 collector

4 bebe

3 bts

2 copy cat

1 PONT

2 seeker

2 twins

1 rare candy (incase trainer lock insnt in effect)

palmers

Energy:

7 phycic

3 warp

2 rescue

my stradegy is standard vilegar, lock and hit for heavy damage. problem is there are so many techs for this deck out there now. will be thankful for you help

j

Last edited by a moderator:
I play my vilegar with 2 Bts only, because in the metagame of my country all the decks hace at least two or three Bts, and in some duels i have one or two Bts in my hands, i play one line of machamp Sf for the luxchomps and anothers Sp decks an d put one energy rainbow, in the personal i play without crobat g, four collector, three bebe's and two pont.

in other words: - 1 Bts, - 1 Rare Candy, - Warp energy, + 1 energy rescue, + 1 pont, or anothers card that you like.

You should try out Zangoose PL as well. Works great against mirror and pulling heavy retreater into active spot while they are under trainer lock is really nice.
So my suggestion is:
-Rare Candy
+Gastly SF
and
-Uxie
+ Zangoose
I would also drop a Copycat or PONT for 4th Collector.

For mirror nidoqueen is awesome. Mewtwo is amazing, considering its dmg output and anti SP. To play a great SP deck and drop Mewtwo with no way of them killing it in some list is priceless. 2 slots to auto win many SP builds is always worth it IMO

Pokemon collector should be four and bebe's should be three.
Also, you should have 4 copycats.
I'd add a second rare candy, too.

For mirror nidoqueen is awesome. Mewtwo is amazing, considering its dmg output and anti SP. To play a great SP deck and drop Mewtwo with no way of them killing it in some list is priceless. 2 slots to auto win many SP builds is always worth it IMO

I think Mewtwo is awful. It does not help against your main counter: Dialga G Lv. X, instead making you more incosistent. Also, 1-1 line of Mewtwo is usually manageable with a Dragon Rush + Flash Bite. But i think Vilegar has an ok matchup against Luxray variant SPs without Mewtwo. Again, it doesn't help against Sablelock or Dialgachomp, so i dont see the point of running it.

If you really want to abuse having no counter to Mewtwo, just add 2-1 line of him, so they will be in real trouble.

If you have troubles with the Sp matchs, you can put a line of machamp Sf, only one, i used this in my vilegar 1-1-1 Machamp Sf! and one energy rainbow, twins do the another work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back