Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nashville Hidden Legend pre-release

ScythKing

Well - actually in Murfresboro - close enuf! ;-)
Sunday June 6 - 12:30 pm CST
Secret Lair, 1511 East Main, Murfreboro
This is a new store and I'm trying to support Nashville - so show me you care!
Spread the workd and c'mon down!

Sorry...but I'll sit this one out...its an aweful long way to travel just for a pre-release :p See you at Nationals though...assuming you're going ^_^

Professor_Chris said:
Sorry...but I'll sit this one out...its an aweful long way to travel just for a pre-release :p See you at Nationals though...assuming you're going ^_^
Yup - that would indeed be a haul Chris - besides I'm sure Richard is having one *much* closer! :)
See ya round bud - may the new set inspire new creations! (and put a certain chicken in it's place!)

ScythKing said:
Yup - that would indeed be a haul Chris - besides I'm sure Richard is having one *much* closer! :)
See ya round bud - may the new set inspire new creations! (and put a certain chicken in it's place!)
Yes...yes he is...and I plan on attending :D And you're just sore about that godly hand I got against you in the first round :p I plan on looking over my cards I'll aquire at both pre-releases (Loisianna and Memphis) I should be attending and see if I can't come up with something a bit more rogueish that'll actually be good at Nationals ;) If not I'll probably just tweak Blaze and save the other decks for local tourneys ^^

hey John sorry for not posting on here sooner but my new was down. anyways you know that both me and josh will be goin plus im getting a few other people that havent been in tournaments in like a year to come with. also, do VIP's get a discount at this thing?

Last edited:
Nashville "experiment"

ultimate_healer said:
yay i dont have 2 worry bout not havin out of city people
This is for the Nashville "homeys".
I dearly enjoy seeing you all and feeling like I'm doing my part to keep the game alive and well in this part of the country - but - well, I was pretty disappointed at the very low turnout folks. We had one new player that really helped make my day - that guy was just *so* hyped to be there. Reminded me of the glory days... but I digress...
We owe a HUGE thanks to the parents that decided to play and made this event possible.
Another HUGE thanks to the players that came in from out of town.
For the record there were 4 local players. That's pathetic. I even made the start time later so church folks had time to go home and make it over. Healer, SSMewTwo - you guys are experienced players that are part of the global community - ie you are online and people know you. I am absolutely amazed to hear that you guys do not support the local League.
Seriously guys. You need to support local play and encourage the folks that play there to support OP or it will go away. I've been asking PUI for months to allow me to run pre-release events in Nashville as well as Chattanooga. They finally relaxed the distance requirements so I could put on pre-release events there. It will be a tough sell the next time. You guys know what the prize support is - that costs PUI money and they dont like to throw it away. So I ask and encourage you to support the local League and encourage the players there to support OP. You guys know what the previous turnout has been for the old SBZ and stuff WotC put on - we have had 30+ LOCAL players at those events. That's why I was so shocked at the paltry 4 that showed - and one was a total newbie!
On the plus side - I really enjoyed seeing you all and it was a relaxed event where we could all oogle and admire the new cards - and a fine set I think it is. I came home with many new deck ideas (can't wait to try a Crobat/Trapper deck!). Thanks to Mr Zeeter of the Secret Lair comics - he was a mighty fine host who was willing to take a risk on hosting this event even though he'd never done anything like it before.

Back