Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

National Championship elegibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JandPDS

Just curious, I dont expect this to happen, but if somemone has dual citizenship can they play in both countires National Championship in the same year?

You are supposed to play Nationals where you have your main residency (it should be the address linked to your player id.). Therefore your can only play one National.

But I know some guys you tried this with two different Player ID...

"The Pokémon TCG U.S. National Championships is open to legal residents of the U.S. only. Residency in this case is defined as a person who legally resides in the United States or one of its territories, not necessarily a U.S. citizen"

If I am a legal resident in the U.S. starting in May, I'm sure I'd be allowed to play their Nationals, as long as I have the proof (working/student visa or whatever and some form of address proof)?

Otherwise can I not play in a Nationals only because I moved to a new country in March and their Nationals is in July?

I'm probably going to be in a situation like this next year, moving to Brazil or Argentina in March and their Nationals are in late May/early June I believe.

You will have to change your address on Pokemon.com as soon you arrive in Brazil with an official resident status (such as student permit). This change can only be made through the support page of Pokémon.com and it might take few days or weeks.

Then if you have it changed, you can play the Brazilian national. I heard somewhere you need to live since 6 months before playing the National, but I have never read such official rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back