Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need a Refresher on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUmbreon

after a while playing e-card, it seemed to me cards weren't getting better, and very few were playable. I staretd buying less packs, etc. and now I am primarily a DBZ player. But after seeing the new exDragon set contents clues, it rekindled my intrigue to play pokemon again(flygon is really cool). Anyway, can someone give me a run-down on basically what is being played, what are the new staples for decks, a run-down of new staples(for most recent playable format and formats to come soon), etc. thanx all, just need a refresher because i stopped right around aquapolis and bought a FEW skyridge, RS. Last time I remember, big fire was the big metagame threat, and my decks then(and now) are a dark donphan(MMF), a corbat-Muk(MMF), and my famouse, but now ancient, Fire Rcoket(Rogue Fire-Umbreon dark/standard-easily convertable to other formats deck)

Moving to TCG News Discussion.
This forum is only for official rulings from P-USA.

Deck wise? Modified? Hmm that can't quite be answered precisely because we don't know anything about the new tournament formats from Nintendo yet. We have been playing mainly targeting around Expedition and forward or just straight Unlimited. Most of the cards from EX: Ruby and Sapphire and EX: Sandstorm has made an impressive mark, so many good cards can't really focus on a few. Look out for Rare Candy for sure. As for decks? Hmm. I have made impressive and so far undeafeatble decks using Raichu EX, Kabutops EX, or Wailord EX, there are alot of possiblities so just stayed tuned for now and keep checking Pokegym's deck forum.

Well the new Dark energy ruling gives dark decks a boost.

SS Wobuffet keeps all those big EX's at bay.

The new fosills are stall cards to die for!

Metal is still strong. Psychic will get lots of play too.

The SS Maril is a ticking bomb. Safe at the moment while there are lots of options to clear paralysis.

Only one retreat per turn changes things.

i'll prolly just play regular until nintendo come sout with a solid format(never really bought e because supporters are annoying). anyway, thanx and keep posting if u have nemore info.

hhhhmmmmmmmm...........definately gonna make an umby deck again. Maybe 2 SS umbys, two Aqua umbys, 4 SS eevee, and 4 magmar ex........hhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnn............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back