Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need help on making a deck using Blastoise from SW!

Gardi94

I am in need of help onmaking a deck using Blastoise from SW. The card itself is very interesting and I have been trying to make a deck out of it. Please give help if you know a way to build a Blastoise deck.

The most common suggestions I've seen are pairing Blastiose with a nice stage 1 attacker. The most common suggestions seem to be Blissey, Cradaunt ex, and Gyarados.

I've got to tell you ... I put a fair amount of work into trying to make Blastoise/Blissey work and I never did like the results. I suspect that similar issues would arise with the other pokemon mentioned as well. First it was really slow going trying to get Blastoise, your attacker, and enough energy in hand to really make his power worthwhile. Secondly I never could fit enough of what I considered essential techs into the deck ... suff like SSU, Holon Circle, etc. It can be tricky to use 'Stoise's power without Circle so that's a must have. As for SSU ... it seemed to me that if you could ever save a badly hurt pokemon ... say a Blissey hit by Gallade's first attack ... with a ton of energy on it then you could just recycle that energy right back to your next attacker.

Anyway I never liked the speed, consistancy, or really power of what I built. I wish you luck ... because I really wanted this to work ... and hope that my experince can help you in some way.

Best suggestion i can offer is to build your own deck. Then post it. Since this is not a deck, i'll move this to the card discussion forum where you can get ideas. Then take those ideas, create a deck & post it.

Blastoise (SW) best starter seems to be Smergle (SW) to help quickly load your hand full of Water Energy. Something simple to build (like the already suggested Blissey) would form your main attacker once you empty your deck of as many energy as you can.

Last edited:
Dawn Stadium
Stadium

Whenever either player attaches an Energy from his or her hand to 1 of his or her Grass-type Pokemon or Water-type Pokemon, that player removes 1 damage counter and all Special Conditions from that Pokemon.

You can put 1 Stadium into play next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a different Stadium is put into play, discard this card.

Can I say Wailord???

Delcatty PK to draw the water energies and Magneton PK to recur them. Magneton PK also provides your main attacker.

It's slow but once you get going Magneton does enormous damage.

Feraligatr MT ROX with Blastoise. You can also use Croconaw so you can get some extra NRG to dump on Blastoise.

Start with the likes Corsola and Stantler and build up something like Milotic d/Gardevoir SW on your bech to help set up further and ideally get 4 Waters into your hand when needed by playing two Roseannes' a turn without resorting to Smeargle SW. 3-4 Holon WP helps a great deal since Gallade can't use its upper attack on your Blissey or Blastoise, limiting it to a maximum of two OHKOs by using its lower attack against your main attackers.

Crystal Beach is effective in this deck if your philosophy is not based on sacrificing a Stantler/Corsla to Rain Dance /set up and responding with DRE/Scramble+waters.

Back