Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

need help with a team

[EDIT - Just noticed you said ALL the Pokemon. If your cartridge has been altered in any way (Such as SHARKED...), you won't be allowed to use it. Keep that in mind.]

Well... That depends. You could be unreasonably cheap and just use extremely powerful Pokemon, OR you could try having an actual strategy. Either will work. BUT, if you'd just prefer to be cheap, here are some usual movesets.

Metagross @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Meteor Mash
PSychic
Shadowball
Earthquake

Latios/as @ Soul Dew/Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam/Dragon Claw
Thunderbolt
Leftovers

Cheap, cruel, heartless, etc. If you want to use something that requires more strategy, post something and I'm sure you'll get some help.

Again, those are just EXAMPLES of some of the cheap things you can use.

Last edited:
Maverick Hunter Zero said:
[EDIT - Just noticed you said ALL the Pokemon. If your cartridge has been altered in any way (Such as SHARKED...), you won't be allowed to use it. Keep that in mind.]

Well... That depends. You could be unreasonably cheap and just use extremely powerful Pokemon, OR you could try having an actual strategy. Either will work. BUT, if you'd just prefer to be cheap, here are some usual movesets.

Metagross @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Meteor Mash
PSychic
Shadowball
Earthquake

Latios/as @ Soul Dew/Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam/Dragon Claw
Thunderbolt
Leftovers

Cheap, cruel, heartless, etc. If you want to use something that requires more strategy, post something and I'm sure you'll get some help.

Again, those are just EXAMPLES of some of the cheap things you can use.

Well i mean i have all the pokemon we can get without sharking the cart
but thanks for the ideas finally someone gets what i'm asking for thanks.

MetaGrossEX said:
I'm not asking on how to make a team i'm asking for who to use in a team.

What I mean is you should post your team (or future team) of six pokemon and their stats you designed, then we give tips on your ideas.

if you have six mighteyena, use them they will do you good. if you don't like my idea @ least keep one on your team!! if you have a very high level'd blaziken, use it. it will be a very good team believe me, it's what my team is ( so far )

MetaGrossEX is this 3 on 3, or 6 on 6... that makes a big difference too. Is it a dual battle, or single? these things will help with teams/strategy, and who you should use........[/QUOTE]
Well since it was post here at this site its a 3 team battle and its single.

mysterioustrainer said:
What I mean is you should post your team (or future team) of six pokemon and their stats you designed, then we give tips on your ideas.

well so far i have swampert,latios,metagross

Ack, you're right, I DID mean Recover.

And MetaGrossEX, give us your planned movesets for the Pokemon. We, generally, would like to know the Pokemon, Items, movesets, Natures, and Abilities. Give us those and we can help you more.

well, lets see.... here are typical Swampert movesets

@Chesto (if using rest)
Eartquake
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest/Endevor/other

or I have seen one like this

@Chesto
Curse
Return
Earthquake
Rest

Meatgross is generally a pure physical sweeper, maybe keeping Psychic....
@Shell Bell
Shadow Ball
Earthquake/Brick Break
Meteor Mash
Rest/Psychic

And Latios genaraly a Special Sweeper

@ Souldew
Dragon Claw
Psychic
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Recover

Those are most common movesets I have seen for these Pokemon. you can go Leftovers on Swampert or Metagross. Shell Bell for Metagross is for if you use Leftovers elsewhere....

Becarefull of Shedinja though, Metgross is only defense against it with Shadow Ball

Well, you CAN, but it won't do anything -- Wonder Guard. Shedinja can only take damage from Fire, Flying, Rock, Ghost, and Dark-type attacks. Once it does, though, it's gone.

Is Weezing any good? i have one with theses moves

flame thrower
explosion
toxic
thunder bolt

i'm also think of using Gardevoir but i don't know with what move set.

As I recall (mainly from G/S/C days), Weezing has fairly high Attack, good Defense, good Special Defense, higher-than-average HP, low but useable Special Attack, and low Speed. Does that help? BTW, I'd consider Sludge Bomb over Toxic for yours because of STAB.

Actually its SD is lower than its SA.

i would say

@Focus Band/Quick Claw
Adament/Carefull/Jolly

Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball (die Psychics DIE!)
Secret Power (Paralysis for help with Speed)
Explosion

You can breed Sludge Bomb from Grimer or Gulpin
Not sure on Shadow Ball, may have to burn the TM, but can severely hurt Psychics. Ground Weakness is gone (thank you Levitate!!!). I picked 3 Natures, all to reduce Special Attack (since it went unused). One boost Speed, one attack, and one Special Defense (trying to survive a Psychic). Dump some EVs into Sp Df and HP, the rest into At. Focus Band and Quick claw are obvios.... Explosion as a last resort.....

thats the best I can do with it, whadda ya think?

Back