Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Need Help With Empo Deck For Nats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonfreak

Hello all. I am playing this deck at NATS and need some feedback, here is the list:

POKEMON

3 Piplup (2 DP, 1 MD)
3 Prinplp (1 DP, 2 MD)
3 Empoleon (MD)
3 Magikarp
3 Gyarados
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
2 phione (evo wish)
1 Unknown P

TRAINERS

4 Masterball
2 quickball
2 great ball
2 night maintenance

SUPPORTERS

3 celio
1 bebe
2 roseanne
1 TVR (tv reporter)
2 POV
1 Stevens advice
2 Copy Cat
1 Felicitys drawing

ENERGY

12 water
3 call

Strategy: Hopefully get phione on first turn and try to get out empoleon as quickly as possible. Once out, snipe bench. If i happen to use surf together, it will damage my bench, powering gyarados. But, if it is not tails, i have unknown P to damage gyarados. Claydol keeps cards in my hand. So the deck revolves mainly around empoleon, and gyarados is a 2ndary attacker. This deck is tested at 8-2, placing 2nd to the same deck at BR.

Cards to add: i think i should add a craudaunt ex to be like dusknoir and get rid of opponents bench, but what would i switch it for. I also want to add dugtrio CG so other empo decks can't snipe.
THOSE 4 CARDS, WHAT DO I TAKE OUT FOR THEM!!!!

3 Gyarados is too many, and risks Magikarp starts. Using Master Ball etc is risky in a deck with a lot of different Pokemon: you won't always get what you want. What you DO want, though, is Rare Candy.

-1 Magikarp
-1 Gyarados
-4 Master Ball
-2 Quick Ball
-2 Great Ball
-1 Felicity
-2 Water

+1 Piplup
+1 Empoleon MD/DP/LV X (your choice)
+1 Phione
+3 Rare Candy
+2 Roseanne
+2 Steven
+1 Call
+2 Scramble

That would be a whole different deck. You would need to find room for 3-4 TGW.

Besides, Omastar MD is so much better. Why not devolve and KO their benched Pokemon after you spread damage, instead of just sending them back to the hand?

I know a really good empoleon deck that you didn't even think about yet. It is only for this format.
Its really quick and it makes fast knockouts :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back