Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Addition to the PokeGym Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
The following has been added to the PokeGym rules:

>> Keep personal information private. It is in your best interests to keep your computer's IP address private. Do not post it. The same goes for your age, phone number and your address. We also ask that you do not post other people's e-mail address. In fact, we encourage you to keep your own e-mail address out of your posts and use the Private Message feature to communicate with other members of the PokeGym.

BDS 1/10/04

Last edited by a moderator:
Just real fast, I'd like to comment on this rule (since I'm such the troublemaker and what not...)

Many times, I often include my home phone number in my signature. (the best example right now is my account over at GameFAQs.com). It's kinda my way to say "Hey, this is my message and I stand behind it." I've never really thought about including it on here, as I don't really post here often and it's typically not important posting (except for the Expectant Mother Parking topic...) Anywhoo, because of the phone number in the signature, I've manage to score some awesome phone calls. I even had the head of a multi-million dollar international company call me and talk for a couple of hours (which was the coolest thing ever... and *yes*, it was him - he occasionally posted on the board and he even posted a reply to me refferencing the phone conversation we had, he speaks *very* distinctivly (he has kinda a lisp), and I have caller ID (the number showed up under his office and I did a reverse phone search on it...) Now this was one of the neatest things to happen... aside from that, I've manage to meet some really good friends via this method, and to be 100% honest, I've *never* had a prank phone call or such from this.

It is my experience that, if someone wants to badly enough, they can find your phone number without much trouble. Trust me. Therefore, I figured it's kinda silly to act like it's valuable infomation that needs to be kept away from the public eye.

And besides, we post our e-mail addresses... (or at least have them in the profile) - and making harassing/threating e-mails is a little harder to get legal action taken on. Making harassing/threating phone calls is 100% illegal and could even get you blacklisted with the various phone companies... Plus e-mails are free... Phone calls (typically) cost money... ;)

Anywhoo, I'll respect the rules as they're written, but that's just my 2¢ on the subject - for what they're wroth...

One word...COPPA.Anyways,BDS forgot to lock this.Locking...

`Sensei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back