Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New deck for dp-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeynumber1

Here are the two ways to play beatdown gyarados that ive found most effective so far. With primeape and cresselia lv x. Thanks to Tim Metro for the Cresselia lv x decklist that ive modified a bit. Well here they are, enjoy.

4 Gyarados
4 magikarp
3 claydol
3 baltoy
2 primeape
2 mankey
2 unknown p
1 unknown e

4 pluspower
4 bebe's search
3 roseanne's research
4 POV (Oak visit)
3 rare candy (for speed)
2 night maintenance
1 warp point
2 switch
2 wager

4 call
10 fighting

A very consistant deck that ive been working on for a few weeks. Ive got it running good but i think a few cards may need to be changed. Any suggestions? Stratagy is to use unkown p's power to build up damage on gyarados and put one on primeape so he does more damage. Primeape is deffinatly a good attacker against things like leafeon that are resistant to gyarados, and it gives you another attack option incase you need more straight damage that you can't get on gyarados.

4 Gyarados
4 magikarp
3 claydol
3 baltoy
2 cresselia md
1 cresselia lv x
2 unknown p
1 unknown e

4 pluspower
4 bebe's search
3 roseanne's research
4 POV (Oak visit)
3 rare candy (for speed)
2 night maintenance
1 warp point
2 switch
2 wager
1 premier ball

4 call
10 psychic

Cresselia also works good because of his power to move damage counters. The lvl x also takes two prizes when knocking something out with moon skip. This is a list i played at a battle road and went 3-1 with, just missing top cut. Thanks again tim for this idea. used to play jolteon star in it but now with the format cut its taken out for another plus power.

Any other suggestions? i might figure out some matchups of what i think will be popular next format and post them soon.

Last edited:
yea thats really the only bad matchup ive found so far, just going to see how popular spread decks get.

i havent herd much of that recently, the only thing im worried about is omastar/ anything electric. Primape helps out a lot, ive already beaten a amphy deck twice. I seem to always get t2 gyarados with unkown p because of calls and roseannes. Ill see what happens but i might just stick with torterra.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was "Deck Help and Strategy" not "Pop in and Ridicule Decks"

Consider this.

Take out 1-1 from your Gyrados and Claydol line's and put in 2-2 Xatu SW to get rid of Confusion and put it on your opponent. If you can find the space, put in a 1-0-1 Alakazam tech to stop Omastar running you over. Good luck!

i can afford the claydol line but the 4-4 gyarados gives it the almost constant t2. Xatu is a good idea but i really dont have a problem with primeapes attack confusing itself. i might try the xatu but it seems like it would just get in the way as a bad start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back