Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Info - 5th Generation Pokemon games : Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

ultimatedra

Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

Thanks for all those who brought this to my attention. This was released very recently. No other info has been released, but i am sure that info will be flowing in very soon.

May 8th 2010
[gal=50224] 5th gen starters[/gal]
Here are your 5th gen starters! Thanks to Varna for this.

May 28th 2010
www.Pokemon.Com said:
[gal=50360]
Reshiram & Zekrom - 2011[/gal]

DISCUSS!

Last edited:
Well this confirms that the Nintendo 3DS will not have gamecube quality graphics, they'll use the excuse for the Wii that "graphics don't matter" and that with 3D they are bringing a new way to play games. The games will be compatible with the 3DS the same way that Gold/Silver added color if played on the GBC while not being GBC exclusives.

Besides being disappointed on what the 3DS will be I love the names, going back to colors is awesome and nostalgic in a way. D/P weren't great names, they lacked something.

I'm totally going to pick the version Black because of the fact that I voted for Barack Obama for president! =D

I'm totally going to pick the version Black because of the fact that I voted for Barack Obama for president! =D

lol, nice.

I think they might call it something else here to make it sound cooler. I still don't know whay they changed blacked out to whited out, which sounded stupid anyway and back to blacked out. I just can't believe the Pokemon games went racist for a but...:nonono:

I'm kinda dissapointed in the titles but I'm still looking forward to the new game none the less. Wish they could've named them after jewels or metals like they've done for Gen 3 & 4.
~Cyber~

"Looking at a Japanese trademark database, the names were first requested to be trademarks on April 10th, 2009 along with a few other colors that have not been used yet (like Grey, Crimson, and Scarlet)."

Like past games from Japan that have "Black" in the name, chances are it will be changed to something else. Example: Megaman Battle Network Black & White got changed to Megaman Battle Network Blue and White to avoid problems being raised about the name.

Pokemon Dark and Light

Pokemon Dark and Light were announced today, thoughts? I think I'll probably get Light and play the good side.

actually the versions were : pokemon black and white (off pokebeach.com), colors. not light, or the lack thereof, and I wouldnt be so quick to assuming black is the bad side. and white is "the good side"

black and white could symbolize a "bad" side and a "good" side

there have been "dark" and "light" pokemon before...remember neo destiny?

I was hoping for Topaz and Quartz, but for some reason, I think it fits and sounds cooler for the 5th Gen. Maybe 6 can be T/Q

What's gonna be the new thing in the 5th gen games?

When Pokemon Red, Blue/Green, and Yellow came out, that 1st Generation that started it all, we had 151 Pokemon. 15 types.

2nd generation (Gold, Silver, Crystal): 100 new Pokemon, bumping the total to 251. Introduction of 2 new types (Dark & Steel) and hold items, could even go through Kanto after you beat the game, essentially playing in two regions (something that hasn't happened again so far I don't think).

3rd Generation (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald): Big changes here. Number of known Pokemon: 386. Introduction of Double Battles, and natures that increase/decrease stats. The really big one: Abilities that affect battles such as Intimidate, Levitate, Guts, and Natural Cure to name a few.

4th Generation (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum): Pokemon Total: 493. Types are no longer relegated to the Attack or Special Attack stats as in previous gens, but split into 3 Categories: Physical, Special, and Other. Example: Fire Punch in previous gens would be a Special Attack simply because it was a Fire-type attack and damage would be determined by the Pokemon's Special Attack stat. Now it is a Fire-type attack of the Physical variety, and is now based on the Pokemon's Attack stat.

5th Generation (Black, White): We don't know what new developments are going to be featured here, if any. So I'd like to know what changes we could possibly see?

Discuss.

I'd like to see the number of Pokemon go up to at least 650.

3rd Generation also had the complete rewrite of the Stats algorithms. In G1 and G2, they had flat stats that could each be maximized independently. EVs and IVs didn't exist until G3.

What do I want to see? A storyline that actually contains some semblance of *story*, and not just "evil team takes over world" kinda junk. Distinct and memorable characters (most characters are bland). Branching pathways. A storyline that is NOT just collecting badges and beating the E4. Maybe a branching storyline that has nothing to do with the Gym challenge. Maybe the entire game could be beaten without ever setting foot in a League Gym. Maybe you can join or infiltrate whatever evil organization you encounter. A main character that isn't just silent all the time. Just something different from a story perspective.

Hmm, I like the idea of actually working for the evil organization that you're supposed to take down. I would've loved to be a member of Team Galactic. Just don't touch the hair (I couldn't get it bowl-cut anyway).

A branching storyline... a Pokemon game with multiple endings. If not on the DS, I'd love to see something of that calibur on the Wii soon. Perhaps they should've done Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD like that?

I would love to see a pokemon game that you can do other stuff then just getting badges and beating the smack out of what ever evil team thats flotting around. I thank it would be cool if you could be a corenater as well and come up with cool ways to use a move like in the shows. If we always have to get the badges then making a game with all regions would be cool and having to get all of the badges then would be more of a challegn and make it where you could do other things with your pokemon other then just battle and hold them in a ball, like having different types of battles where you have to use a pokemon to win a game like battle and contest battles would be fun as well.

Back