New Legends Awakened Card Revealed -- Stark Mountain

Discussion in 'Pokémon News' started by Vengence Dragon, Jul 21, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Vengence Dragon

Vengence Dragon New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

Darn, someone beat me to it again.

This card will be BIG. Infernape will be faster, and Magmortar decks can realisticly snipe every turn.

3. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Bah... Leafeon goes boom...

4. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

If you mean Magmortar Lv. X could use Flame Bluster every turn, no. I believe the attack text specifically forbids it.

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

It does. I really like this card for decks that don't have energy acceleration. I could see it being useful in Machamp or Gallade based decks.

6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki New Member

Ehh.. its not like you get another energy drop. I could see this used in conjunction with Rayquaza though to achieve said purpose.

This is the habitat of Hiidoran, I am more concerned about SnowPoint Temple, the resting place of the King of the Giants, Rejigigasu.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  7. TheDarkTwins

TheDarkTwins Active Member

This makes a deck that was popular this year popular again, Magmortar/Typhlosion/Claydol. :thumb:

Drew

8. Dudeman1993

Dudeman1993 New Member

Oh, YES!! *Sings 'Ode to joy' loudly* Here we go! Infernape Mega Bravo for a bunch of Energy, Typhlosion brings it back, and then Mega Bravo again! Even better, bring back the Flame Bluster'd Energy and Flame Blast for huge with Magmortar!

9. PkmnManiac

PkmnManiac New Member

Is this just another version of Energy Switch? But in Stadium form?? I'd give it about a possible chance of being played.

10. Zathaz

Zathaz New Member

Good with typhlosion

11. Lord Broly

Lord Broly New Member

True, it makes Ape more playable but the fact of the matter is you'll only be doing 80
    a turn(Regular Attach and FireStarter+Stark Mountain) if your planning to attack with
    the same active. However if you Firestarter to a benched Ape then it's possible to do
    120. On the Contrary though as soon as Ape looses, Stark Mountain it makes it harder
    for Ape to do more Damage. I think Magmortar is better because not only is it a Stage
    one meaning it's easier to set up, but the Energy isn't discarded and it can keep doing
    the same amount of Damage over and over.

12. CyberManectric

CyberManectric Active Member

Heatran Lv.X will replace this card for Magmortar X decks.
    ~Cyber~

13. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Obviously an attempt to jump on the bandwagon of Iron Man's popularity.

14. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

If only it could move those red metal energies..... :lol:

Ahem. Anyway this is a nice card that can be used several ways. Folks are focusing on Typhlosion but the fact of the matter is that the fighting cards love it too. Groudon & Regirock can both set this up for use pretty well ... Luna-Sol too probably.

15. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

It'll be interesting to see the kinds of setups that a good Lunarock deck can have with this card floating around. I will say that my NoRare deck will be made a LOT better by this thing.

16. Keen Player

Keen Player New Member

There's also Flygon SW. Now you can give it a Fighting Energy every turn and get +20 damage and then move that energy to something that really needs it, Too bad it has weakness to Empoleon...

17. dragon2pol

dragon2pol New Member

i love the detail in the card wow but its not useful for me but i guess time can only tell

18. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

hey man, it all depends on the deck.

Some decks could need to use Stark Mountain all the time, while those people who are playing those decks are thinking "ha, Snowpoint Temple is useless"

While Snowpoint Temple is a good card, i think Stark Mountain may be used a bit more, and i sure hope you aren't referring to the whole Snowpoint Temple to make Regigigas sound good, because, it pretty much isn't

19. orangematt

orangematt New Member

I wholeheartedly agree.

Depending on the deck, the two new Stadiums (assuming we'll actually get both) could see a lot of strategic play. I was more looking forward to Snowpoint Temple because of Garchomp and AMU decks.

20. Master_Whiscash_77

Master_Whiscash_77 New Member

You can use the DP1 Infernape to do 90 a turn instead unless you are playing a togekiss tech or something.