Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New player to the game needs help with darkness deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amano_Kurosawa

Hello, I am new to this game and I have a darkness deck that does pretty good but I was wanting to get some opinions on it and I dont have many cards and I cant spend much on the game. Anyways this deck is a darkness beat down deck and the strategy is to get out the stage 1 pokemon quickly and they all have low attack costs so they can attack quickly and defeat my opponents pokemon quick.

Anyways here is my deck

Pokemon x22

4x Umbreon (HS Undaunted)
4x Eevee (HS Undaunted)
3x Stunky (HS Undaunted)
3x Skuntank (HS Undaunted)
1x Crawdaunt TG
2x Murkrow (HS Undaunted)
2x Honchkrow (HS Undaunted)
1x Weaville (HS Undaunted)
2x Sneasel (HS Undaunted)

Trainers and Supporters x20

2x Switch
1x Team Rocket's Trickery
1x Luxury Ball
1x Copycat
2x Life Herb
2x Bebe's Search
3x Pokemon Communication
2x Interviewer's Questions
4x Sage's Training
1x Bill
1x Dual Ball

Stadiums x2

2x Burned Tower

Energy x16

12x Darkness Energy
4x Darkness Energy

I will appreciate any help. :)

Last edited:
you have alot of flip attack pokemon... if yourhonchcrow is onewith the attack, vengence, i'd suggest working aorund that as a main attacker. the less flip attacks you have the easyer it'll be for you to land damage. skuntank's first attack isnt bad because eather way you benifit from it.

try running a starter.

Since you are playing dark types chose either Sableye (SF) or Spiritomb (AR). Spiritomb will slow down your opponents while sableye will give you more consistency and the ability to donk.

I'm not sure which Honchcrow you are using, but IMO the one from SV is the best. He has disruption with the ability to still hit very hard depending on the matchup.

so Pokemon should be something like :

4 Spiritomb / Sableye (set-up)
2/4-2/4 Umbreon
2/4-2/4 Honchcrow (depending who you want to use as main attacker, run more of them)
2 Uxie (draw power)
1 Unown q (free retreat on starter)

T/S/S :

3 Pokemon collector
3 Bebe Search
3 Professor oak's new theory
1 Palmers
1 Luxury Ball
2 Pokemon Communications

2/3 Stadium of choice

Energy :

4 Special dark
2-4 DCE (more if you are using Honchcrow as main)
4/5 Dark

This leaves you with almost 20 spaces left to fill with more trainers and pokemon.

Consider adding in a Stage 2 pokemon line (ttar prime maybe?) as he will be able to withstand hits. While the honchcrow and umbreon are useful at times, it's always nice to have an allround high hp high damage poke.

Hope that helped :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back