New Promo? #005 Mudkip

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by soslowpoke, Jan 4, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

I've been hearing 'rumour' that there is a Mudkip promo that is a holofoil of the one in Ruby/Sapphire. It simply has a gold/silver Pokeball stamp on it. So far only 8 have been released and that was in the UK...anyone (prefferably folk who have it) have any idea?

Edited incorrect # for promo-`Sensei

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2004
  2. irwinmalek

irwinmalek New Member

Seen it, don't have it though. I will TRY to get you all a scan of one, but it won't be until next weekend at the earliest. It has the Pokéball stamp, can't remember the exact number, but it was a holofoil, not reverse or anything. No winner stamp or anything, just the Pokéball stamp. As far as I can remember, the picture is the one from R&S, not 100% certain on that one though. It was definitely a Mudkip.

3. Pablo

Pablo New Member

OMG, and how do you get those mudkips? are they Europe exclusive? i need the holofoil mudkips.

4. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

The Mudkips are currently being used as prize support at tournaments in the UK.

5. irwinmalek

irwinmalek New Member

Ian, for what tournaments exactly? Regular league ones or only the ones like at Dragoonmeet. We haven't received them yet, but the post HAS been funny lately...

6. P_A

P_A Active Member

Well, it's nice to see the tables turned somewhat. Surprising, but good to see nevertheless. If anyone gets an extra copy and is willing to trade, I'd be happy to work out a deal involving some of the ones I have, or can get. It looks like Nintendo got the message that collectors like to see promos that are actually worth something. Limited print promos are worth getting even though they may cost more. Let's see a limited print promo just for Canada next, please!

7. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Very interesting. It would be nice if they would get new promos cards out instead of reprinting cards for from past sets all the time. :(

8. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

EVIL GRIN...

Looks at 24 Mudkip Promos sent as support for sanctioned tournaments.... sorry guys and girls these have all gotta go to tourney winners at the gamers guild :)

But if you are in the UK on Sunday 25th January and you want to win one then come to the gamers guild monthly tourney ... details at http://www.gamersguild.co.uk/content/tourneys.htm tourney starts at 12pm and ends by 6pm cost £2 under 15s and £3 oevr 15s.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  9. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Hmmmph, I've been asking for sanctioned tournament support for weeks - not even an answer to my emails...good deal for you!

10. dooskoop

dooskoop New Member

Is it a holo version of card #59 or 60 from R & S or is it something else?

11. P_A

P_A Active Member

I'm sure there are more than 24 of these in the world or their value would be high indeed. Could you give us any idea what info came with them (if any), if they are part of some sort of international battlezone league kit (sounds like it, due to the exact number we get in each package for league is the same), where they came from, how they came to you (packaging and such), if you've been contacted in regard to these promos by anyone from Nintendo or pokemon organized play(POP). Also, it would be great if you could offer a scan of these cards (now that the cat's out of the bag, more or less). Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

12. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

Maybe it is the season 5 league kit promo? I have not heard what that one is yet.

13. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

ukpro: Obviously, you need to use these for prize support, but can't you give us any details on what these look like?
    Promo number? Or is it numbered like the R&S set card?
    What other markings are on it?
    New picture?
    Etc...

14. ukpokemonpro

ukpokemonpro New Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2004
  15. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

So, the missing POP Blackstar #005 - Holo Mudkip... **runs to update his trade list**

16. Oak

Oak New Member

Is it safe to assume that the Pokemon Heroes DVD/VHS promo cards are #6 and #7?

17. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

my bet is 6 &7 are Treecko and Torchick Holos

Then Lati's are prolly tagged after Meowth

18. sjmp

sjmp New Member

So, I give up the game and THEN we get the promos. If could even still remember how to play, and manage to get some new cards I might manage to go down to Kent...

19. irwinmalek

irwinmalek New Member

Guys, I'm sure they'll be available outside of Kent before too long. :)

Don't worry.

20. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

they are there is ONE in Crawley!

and there will be some up for grabs at the Rainham end-of-month tourney: Sunday 25th Jan

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.