New set legal at CC's?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by BANGINBOX, Feb 27, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BANGINBOX

BANGINBOX New Member

I was wondering if the Team Aqua/ Team magma set will be legal at any of the remaining city championships? This could really give the people with MONEY a distinct advantage. Where could I find an official ruling on this? What are your thoughts?

jimmy

2. farbsman

farbsman New Member

This was posted some time ago on the Pokemon-TCG Website. The answer is no it is not allowed. You can see it at http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/city_championships_faq.asp

It says:

Though our standard Floor Rules state that newly released sets are legal for play immediately upon release, the City Championships will be an exception to this rule as the majority of events will be run prior to the release of EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua.

Therefore, Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua will not be legal for use at City Championship events.

3. Gym Leader Blaine

Gym Leader Blaine <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15

But they can be used for the State Championships in April. :)

4. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

BUT states is a whole other ball game! People with money to burn on cards will still have the advantage. Also the winners at the prerelease tournaments who get the boxes of boosters.
    ---Nicole

5. Gym Leader Blaine

True, but unlike the CC with state there will be a month to get the new cards in time for state, were with the CCs the player that win boxes at the Prerelease will have more of a advantage.

6. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

A month just doesn't seem long enough. Especially when Pokemon Colosseum is due out in March, plus all the money dropped on prerelease tournaments- it adds up! Oh, and don't even get me started on gas prices in San Diego and the cost of driving to the next 4 weeks of Pokemon ;)
    I would have been happier if they had waited to let the TM/TA legal until after Nationals, or at least States. But where's the money in that?!
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom

7. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Gas is expensive in CA, i know .. But TA/TM After Nationals? Thats Just plain Stupid. There isn't a lot of Game Breaking Cards that YOU Need in TA/TM Regardless, Only one is Blaziken EX and Crobat(If Rumors are true) Is it hard just to get a few cards? I doubt it. People are not FORCING you to play at a pre-release and buy Pokemon Coll. You can easily counter them wants for a different want which is a box of TA/Tm.

~truK

8. farbsman

farbsman New Member

TM/TA are not allowed in City Championships and are not legal in big tournaments until States. So they are not allowed until at least states like you suggested.

9. WeileMom

WeileMom New Member

Hey, easy 'Kid! I was just being a ranting Mom. Pokemon is my daughter's "sport" this Spring but I can still complain, right?? Plus, the way she loves Pokemon it's not just about the cards, it's a much bigger picture. No one forcing me??? You don't know my daughter ;)
    But seriously, I don't see why it would actually be "stupid" to wait until after Nationals to allow TA/TM in decks. After all, I thought CC was a lead up to States, which is a lead up to Nationals, and then maybe Worlds. Consistency seems important. In fact it would be even better if they made you keep the same deck to play all the way. That would be a real challenge!
    My daughter and I are just average players and we've struggled to get the cards that everyone else seems to take for granted. I guess the idea of facing another new series to get is a tad overwhelming. I'll get over it.
    You're right, Farbsman, that was redundant. :(
    ---Nicole
    WeileMom

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  10. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Actually, by Nationals you will have yet another set out. So you would have Team Magma vs Team Aqua and this next set. Sets are released every 3 months. Prerelease for the next set should be around the first part of June. If they wait until after nationals, nobody will buy the new sets and will just get the cards off ebay or people that do buy them.

Bad thing is you have to remember, Pokemon USA is a company. They see dollar signs. If they don't make money then they won't do this anymore. Kinda pointless to release a new set if you can't use it for 3 months.

You might be suprised as far as good cards. Some of the best decks I have seen are made of cards people would never think of using. Sure there are a few "great" cards out there. However all cards have a weakness, it is just being skilled enough to overcome that challenge with what you have. If your daughter is into Pokemon as much as you say. I am sure she can overcome anything she is faced with no matter what cards she plays with. Plus trading can really help out if she needs the cards to build her deck. You may have a card someone thinks is great and you think stinks. So if you can't buy everything you need, look around, chances are someone will be willing to trade you the cards you need.

Good luck at your events :)

11. Gym Leader Blaine

Or maybe the end of May also. I thought June was the Gym Challenges, or was that July? I just cant remember anymore with all the tournaments going on, and it is great to have so many :)

12. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Here is the tournament schedule most of this is confirmed since January

State Championships starting in April
    Gym/Stadium Challenges starting in late May
    National Championships starting in June

Weilemom, I am sorry but one factor that unfortunity determines to winners of events is card income. This means how fast and how much a person can obtain new cards. Its like playing Conquest Mode at the local arcade Soulcalibur II, the more money you are willing to sacrifice, the better player you can be become. The reason why the EX:TM/TA set was not allowed in remaining City Championships is because it isn't avalable in City Championships that have already gone by.

13. Gym Leader Blaine

Thats right, :thumb: thanks for the info. :)

14. farbsman

farbsman New Member

Actually I am going to disagree. States is in April, June will be the prerelease and the Nationals (March plus 3 months) Gym Challenges and Stadiums are qualifiers for Worlds, so those are in july/August. However since none of this has even been discussed between PUI and the PTO's this is all guessing.

15. Gym Leader Blaine

We were told as soon as the Prereleases were done we would get the info for the Gym Challenges so it makes sence that they will be in June, but we will know for sure in a couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.