New Smash Bros Game! (well... almost) - Project M

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by DarthPika, Jun 19, 2012.

8 league13 468 60
  1. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Has anyone here heard about project M yet? Those of you who follow IGN may have seen an article on it a short while back. It's a game mod (you do not need to hack anything to use it), which is being created by a group of developers to be a more perfect version of Brawl/Melee, which takes the best elements of both. It's very easy to download, and install, and is 100% safe to use. I've been using it for a few weeks, and I love it. Want to use Brawl characters with Melee physics and wave dashing? Now you can! They've been updating it periodically, tweaking characters as needed. The entire thing is very professional, and exceptionally well done.

While it's not quite a new version of smash, it certainly is very fresh, and gives something new to do until the next one comes out. Just wait until you try out Lucario, and Charizard (now his own playable character).

For more info, and directions on how to install it, here's the link to the main site:

http://projectm.dantarion.com/index.php

Here's hoping the higher ups at Nintendo are following very closely to what they're doing here, and make note of it for the next real smash.

For clarification, I would like to restate that this is NOT a hack. All you do is download a file to your SD card, and that's it. Nothing else needed.

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Has anyone given it a try yet? Still haven't tested it, but I believe there's a version of it that allows you to play online.

3. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Well I guess it largely depends on what one sees as a "perfect" version, last I remember Nintendo really didn't like Melee "glitches" such as wavedashing and the physics in it, which was why they tried putting in more effort to get rid of it in Brawl. So I guess it comes down to perspective...

4. MarxForever

MarxForever New Member

Call me a purist. But, don't we already have a Perfect version of Melee, and a Perfect version of Brawl?

5. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Brawl had problems, mostly the STUPID tripping that they randomly decided to put in. It also was just a bit too slow.

It doesn't quite have melee physics, but it's not as floaty as brawl either. Overall, it feels much more balanced than either of the two games. Try it out!

6. RB Golbat

RB Golbat New Member

I like using Balanced Brawl instead, as it intends to make as small changes to the original game as possible, so it's very easy as a whole to switch between the two games. The intent of the changes is to make all the characters equal, and it attempts to do so with as minimal changes as possible (except Gannondorf lol)

Here is the download link: http://balancedbrawl.net/

7. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I like brawl-. Crazy overpowered moves that make for hilarious chaos. Project M is a lot of fun too, but I have no one to compete against.

Also, changing music and character skins is sweet.

8. Raen

Raen New Member

I can appreciate this mod, but I admit, I get a little annoyed by all the "Brawl is awful, why can't it just be Melee with more characters?". I love Brawl significantly more than Melee. Melee was lightning fast, so fast I struggled playing it. The first game wasn't near that fast, so Melee was a bit jarringly so. I feel like Brawl is more true to the series as a whole, and I quite liked it.

But tripping is stupid. I will always hate tripping.

9. Garch

Garch <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Someone who worked on the game said it best in an old Nintendo power magazine:

Super smash bros is made to be fun. Weather you have fun with Final Destination no items only, or Temple with all items, the point is that anyone who plays it can have fun how they want.

Or something along those lines.