Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New To City Championships

Donezator

Hi peps I kinda need some help. ON the 26th of April in Leicester, UK, I am entering my first City CHampionship event. I do undersatnd and play well by the rules. and have just read what other winners of City Championships have won with. And, I have noticed that a Pokemon which appears alot on the list is Blissey (5/123). Understandably, I realize that it is a great card with its Happy Chance attack (Does 20 damage plus 10 damage for each energy card attached to Blissey. Before doing damage, you may search your discard pile for a basic energy card and attach it to Blissey); meaning that if enough energys are attached to Blissey, it would have to Power to easily Cleansweep foes. Blissey is my main attacker though, some others of mine being Ampharos (1/132), Dewgong (45/123), Donphan (48/132), Electrode (26/132), Electivire (25/132), Alakazam (2/123) and Lucario (3/11). OBVIOUSLY they all have there evolution cards (If any) inside the deck. Though, my main question is, can you use cards from previous sets (eg ex Ruby and Sapphire) if on teh new offical decklist it is not listed down on the legal card sets list? I've read well through the rules but still fail to find any information on it :frown:! So, please if you can help it would be appreciated... Oh, and please rate my team if you wish but if not such a task, don't dis it (Come on, i'm still working on it), and if you have any good ideas as to what additions I should give to the deck, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
Donezator

All legal cards are found in the topic linked to at the upper left of our front page, pokegym.net
It's the topic called "Modified Legal Card List"
Here is the link: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41415

Note that new sets say "all cards in this set are legal".
For older sets, only a few cards may be legal because they have been reprinted in legal sets.
RS has a couple of legal cards because of this reason.
But if a card is not listed, it's not legal.

On another note: Look at how decks that win City Championships are focused.
They have only one or two main attackers. Other Pokemon are in the deck to support that attacker.
If you have all of the Pokemon that you list in your deck, you will never get what you need up and ready to go.
Check the deck forum for deck building ideas.
See how some of the Blissey decks look.

Yes. But it may be different slightly in the UK. By the way, i'm now going to another championship on the 29th of March for teh Battle Road in Leicester. So, does anyone know how different Battle Road events are to CCs? And, what do yo uwin for coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc?

Battle Roads are pretty similar to Citys.
The only difference might be the larger size of the City and better prizes.
Same decks, though.

What do you win? Best to check with the TO running the event. I know what it is for the US, but I think it's different for the UK.

Back