Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New to the competitive scene. Please help my Magmortar/Eeveelution deck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cringe

Hey all,

I'm new to the competitive scene. I've been playing with a friend via Apprentice and the patch, so I don't actually own any of these cards. Anyway, I've been looking at a few decklists here and there on this website, and decided to try and come up with the best thing that I could. This deck seems pretty effective against my friend, but I'm not sure how it would do competitively, so any suggestions would be lovely. I request that you please don't use any acronyms for card names, as I don't know any of them yet.

Anyway, here is the decklist:

1 Cynthia's Feelings
2 Warp Point
1 Team Galactic's Wager
2 Spinda SW
1 Premier Ball
4 Bebe's Search
2 Night Maintenance
4 Buck's Training
4 Roseanne's Research
6 Water Energy
7 Fire Energy
1 Magmortar LV.X MT
3 Magmortar SW
4 Magmar SW
1 Glaceon LV.X
3 Multi Energy
1 Vaporeon MD
2 Flareon MD
3 Glaceon MD1
4 Energy Search
4 Eevee MD1

I've been toying around with the SW Absol, since I love hand destruction in the other games I play (Yu-gi-oh and MTG), but for now, I'd rather keep Spinda in. Drawing 2 cards for a few turns is a pretty insane effect and a good way to get my deck rolling quickly.

Any suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks all!

First add a 2-2 GE Baltoy Claydol family. Insane draw power every turn

Try and get 2 familys that work well with each other.

Magmortar isn't played any more, because of Empoleon.

If you like Eevee, play a Leafeon Family with GE Sceptile

First add a 2-2 GE Baltoy Claydol family. Insane draw power every turn

Try and get 2 familys that work well with each other.

Magmortar isn't played any more, because of Empoleon.

If you like Eevee, play a Leafeon Family with GE Sceptile
Exactly as he said. Empoleon is being played a lot now, and Kingdra, I can assure you will be played heavily for a while.

Okay, Energy Search is one of those cards people laugh at you when you play. Potion is another one...

So, to save you some of that, take 4 Energy Search out and add in 2 Baltoy GE and 2 Claydol GE. That as quoted above, is insane draw power. Most competitive decks will run Claydol.

Hope I was some help,
toxictaipan

Interesting tips. I was enjoying Magmortar, but if I'm going to run into Empoleon/Kingdra a lot...I see your point. I'll experiment with Sceptile. I've always seen Energy Search as not only a deck thinner, but as a way to lessen the amount of energies I need to put in because I'm able to choose which one I want (this is in addition to Roseanne's). Anyway, I'll see what I can do with Claydol/Baltoy. Thanks for the tips!

- Cringe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back