New toys from Hasbro

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by BJJ763, Jan 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

For the 1 or 2% of you that have kids, Hasbro has released another set of toys called "Pokémon Advanced." These figures are much smaller than the battle figures of old, except for the Grouddon & Kyogre figures, which are much bigger. 3 sets of 2 have been released - Treecko & Seviper, Torchic & Sharpedo, and Pikachu & Vigoroth. The larger of the 2 have some action with it - Seviper has "Poison Fang Attack", Vigoroth comes with "Fury Swipe", and Sharpedo has a "Bite Attack". I haven't seen any Japanese versions of these. The interesting thing is they come with an "Evolution Checklist" card and looks like future releases could be coming - there are 16 "Level 1", 10 "Level 2", and 9 "Level 3" Pokémon listed. Nice to see we finally get some new toys!!!

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

I saw these at Target yesterday and bought two of everything (except for Groudon, which they didn't have :( ). It's ABOUT TIME they brought out some new toys: we can't BUY them if there aren't any in the stores! It would have been nice to have had these out for xmas, though...=/

'mom

3. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

Much smaller... you mean than the inch-high unarticulated soft-plastic ones that came two to a pack? Smaller?

I never did finish that collection, though I did get over sixty figs that are now spending their autumn years as M:TG creature tokens (go down great at Pro Tour Qualifiers). My higher reasoning is relieved that there's not a chance in hell of these new ones being released locally.

My baser collector instinct is constantly sending my higher reasoning hate mail. Boy, is that not gonna stop tonight.