New use for Copycat...

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SwampertEX, Dec 12, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Lately, I haven't been using Copycat for draw, but to help from decking myself. In the deck I currently run (Flygon), I tend to draw a lot of cards and have HUGE hands. Copycat in that use both helps me and hurts my opponent. So, for those of you who think Copycat has lost power, IMO it has actually gained power! Thoughts, camments, bashes???
    -Swampert

2. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

SwampertEx - I dont think CopyCat is useless at all. I use it like you do at times. Other times it is still a great card. Like if you go 1st and your opponent Mulligans. It even happens on multiple occassions that you CopyCat 2 useless cards in your hand to get 2 new cards that are helpful. Anytime you are shuffling your deck and legally manipulating the outcome of drawing something tends to be good.

3. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

I completely agree!

4. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I have been using Cat like this since my last Neon Deck. It was Crobat/Noctowl deck, that kept my opponents hand small, and deck large, so it was great anti decking. I have Catted for 1 or less cards repeatedly. Sides, it helped incase my opponent top decked their own Copycat.

5. DarkTyranitar

DarkTyranitar New Member

Copycats?

I like to use both, although I'm also more partial to Professor Oaks Research. I tend to max out on Professor Oaks research and add 1 or 2 additional Copycats to help my reshuffle of the deck.

Unfortunately when I've needed to do so when battling I've often only been able to drawn a rather small number of cards using Copycat, because my opponent only had a few number of cards in their hand.

I've been trying to branch off and use the TV Reporters instead of the Copycats lately.

- Tony

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003