Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NGR, TV, fossils.

jdb728

Can you use nightly garbage run, or Town Volunteers to shuffle Mysterious Fossil, Claw Fossil, or Root Fossil into your deck? I know the answer to this used to be NO, but that was before The ruling that the Fossils can count as Basics even when they're in your hand(The new Mulligan ruling :eek: ), and also, the Fossils all have the text in the very first sentence of the cards, "Play Root Fossil as if it were a Basic Pokèmon" the other Fossils have their exact names in the text instead of Root Fossil :rolleyes: .

I would really appreciate it if I could get a ruling from PUSA :cool: (because of how the ruling for mulligans has changed).

But according to the new Mulligan ruling, you can choose(at least for start of game setup) whether or not they count as Basic Pokèmon while in your hand.

Even so, while in the discard pile, they are undeniably Trainer cards, and therefore NGR/Town Volunteers can't touch them.

Does it say on the top of the card that it's a Trainer? If so, then it's a Trainer. What something can be when it is in play has no relevance when checking what it is when out of play.

Did you even read the card?

I actually think it should be treated as a trainer, however a precedence was set with the new mulligan rule concerning fossils.

Buried Fossil is clearly a Basic and is not a Trainer.

It's worth geting a ruling on the others, but I think the answer will be no.

Back