Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo Power Pikachu Giveaway CONFIRMED HACKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxictaipan

Heads up, it's not real.

If you have one, delete it.

If you're looking for one, forget about it.

These are its exact stats. If you have a Pokemon matching them EXACTLY, it is UNDOUBTEDLY hacked!

Pokemon Info tab:

Name: Pikachu

OT: NPower

ID No.: 09138

Trainer Memo tab:

Date: Sep. 13, 2008

Obtained Where: Pokemon Event

Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 20

Move Set (Battle Moves tab):

Move 1: Wish

Move 2: Present

Move 3: Volt Tackle

Move 4: Surf

Hold Item: Light Ball

Please Note: The Nature of this Pokemon, along with its phrase (Located below "Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 20.
In my case: Hates to lose.), will be completely random.

If you see anyone with one, please let them know it is a hacked Pokemon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Nintendo Power never gives away downloadable items with the magazine. Who would even beleive that they even gave them away??
They didn't give it away with the magazine, they (well, not Nintendo Power, but the hacker) gave it away at the Nintendo Power 20th aniversary (spelling) birthday party bash they had in NY at the NWS.

Sorry, I should have made that clear in my first post.

Event Data

PIKACHU ♀ OT: Nzone ♂ Level: 20
ID: 10278 SID: 59322
Date Met: November 14th 2008 Area Met: Pokémon Event
Ability: Static Held Item: Light Ball
Nature: Bashful PID: 564976218
Hometown: Sinnoh (Diamond/Pearl) Ribbon: None
Algorithm: Mystery Gift Base Happiness: 70
Moveset: Present Quick Attack Thundershock Tail Whip
Release Info
This Pokémon event was released at the Nintendo World Store in New York City. NWS opened a new area in their store called the "Nintendo Test Zone" where DS users could download demos and other DS apps. In honor of the opening, this Pikachu was distributed from November 14th 2008 to November 27th 2008. The ID, 10278, does not match the release date. We speculate that Nintendo Zone was supposed to open 10/27/08, but its grand opening was delayed. The Pokémon distribution cart was not modified even though the event was set to be released on October 27th, and therefore kept that ID.

This is a CORRECT one^

Beat me to posting it.
He is right that it is hacked.
If you search back you will find a thread with the Title of Nintendo Power 20th Birthday.
It was believed that they gave away a Pikachu due to it being obtained at the event, but other info turning uo now shows other wise. One it has a defect caused when someone hacks a Pokemon with Pokesav, which it turns all of the trash bytes to zero.

Beat me to posting it.
He is right that it is hacked.
If you search back you will find a thread with the Title of Nintendo Power 20th Birthday.
It was believed that they gave away a Pikachu due to it being obtained at the event, but other info turning uo now shows other wise. One it has a defect caused when someone hacks a Pokemon with Pokesav, which it turns all of the trash bytes to zero..

Sorry Mods, if I did anything WRONG by alerting the community to a "giveaway Pokemon" that is HACKED.

removed the link. thats all. thanks for the heads up, seeing how i lost a 3 shiny pokemon for one of these :-(

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to cite sources for information, ultimatedra.
That's what I thought... But I'm not going to argue with the mods.

But it's really hacked, so stay away, regaurdless if you are allowed to click my link that is no longer there....

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also, I would like to add:

I'm not trying to attack anyone or smudge their reputation. EVERYONE thought this was a real Pokemon, and it has just recently been proved fake.

Anyone who traded it had no idea it was fake, and therefor was not trying to rip anyone off. The only person to blame is the original hacker that passed it out at the Nintendo Power 20th B-day party.

I just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited:
Yeahyeah I read all about that. Honestly though,I don't see it as proof of anything.
Nintendo would DEFINETLY say something if it was real, wouldn't they?

It's already happened, so they can't do anything about it, but they aren't going to let their event be called a hack.

Yeahyeah I read all about that. Honestly though,I don't see it as proof of anything.

Take it form someone who messes with this kinda of stuff to leanr the diff when facing a legit and hacked Pokemon.
The Pikachu was created with Pokesav, causing there to be no trash bytes at the end of the name, that all Pokemon have in there data. It was put out with a modded Distro cart.
You can call Nintendo if you want or check there boards.

As for this topic though, I find it pretty funny; all those people who downloaded and/or distributed it using 3rd party software got MAJORLY pwned!!

As for this topic though, I find it pretty funny; all those people who downloaded and/or distributed it using 3rd party software got MAJORLY pwned!!
What do you mean? Are you just saying they did it for nothing and wasted time/effort/etc, or are they in some kind of trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back