Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Giant Stump, No Briney's...Now What?

I have a damaged poke on the bench with just 10 hp left. I f I am not careful my opponent will use something that does damage to my active and 10 to the bench. How can I get rid of this benched pokemon?

IDL the Stump I think damaged pokes should just die, youve done the effort to damage them, its cheap to just stump it out. I think its an annoying card Im glad to see the back of it.

Did Mr. Briney's go? :(

I guess use Super Scoop Up. Otherwise, revive the dead Pokemon with Garchomp Lv X and make them pay for KOing it I suppose.

I think the important thing here is to remember that in the next format there is no Cursed Stone in addition to a lack of Giant Stump. Before Giant Stump even existed I didn't see many players using Mr. Briney's Compassion. That isn't to say that the card was useless; people did play it, but not as much as when Raieggs became popular. This last season we saw a huge focus on spreading damage, so people started playing Briney's and Stump. Without Cursed Stone we're not going to see that focus on damage spread, so the two cards you mentioned might not be played that much if they were still in. And though it still is a flip, Super Scoop Up is there if you're desperate to get things off the field.

Back