No Giant Stump, No Briney's...Now What?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by David's Confused Pokedad, Aug 19, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. I have a damaged poke on the bench with just 10 hp left. I f I am not careful my opponent will use something that does damage to my active and 10 to the bench. How can I get rid of this benched pokemon?

2. The Rookie

The Rookie New Member

Super Scoop Up.

3. Rambo1000

Rambo1000 New Member

it sucks when ssu is the only form of getting rid of damaged pokemon without losing a prize.

4. Burninating_Torchic

Burninating_Torchic New Member

You don't.
    You just deal with it. They get a free prize.
    "Oh well."

5. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

you say..

COME ON POP 6 MAKE A REPRINT!

6. Rew

Rew Active Member

Use scramble afterward.

7. Dom

Dom New Member

IDL the Stump I think damaged pokes should just die, youve done the effort to damage them, its cheap to just stump it out. I think its an annoying card Im glad to see the back of it.

8. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

Well, you pray that there deck doesnt run alot of snipe attacks like mine muahahaha

9. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Did Mr. Briney's go? :(

I guess use Super Scoop Up. Otherwise, revive the dead Pokemon with Garchomp Lv X and make them pay for KOing it I suppose.

10. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Damaged fossils can be discarded to avoid a KO.

Not sure there;s other ways than scoop up sadly.

11. eriknance

eriknance New Member

I think the important thing here is to remember that in the next format there is no Cursed Stone in addition to a lack of Giant Stump. Before Giant Stump even existed I didn't see many players using Mr. Briney's Compassion. That isn't to say that the card was useless; people did play it, but not as much as when Raieggs became popular. This last season we saw a huge focus on spreading damage, so people started playing Briney's and Stump. Without Cursed Stone we're not going to see that focus on damage spread, so the two cards you mentioned might not be played that much if they were still in. And though it still is a flip, Super Scoop Up is there if you're desperate to get things off the field.

12. swampert97

swampert97 Active Member

Drifloon DP FTW :tongue:.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  13. Noah121

Noah121 Active Member

I think you mean Drifloon--Drifblim damages your Bench, not remove one from play.