Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No pkmn for you: Walrein/Crawdaunt deck. "Article Included"

Status
Not open for further replies.

megatron007

I change the concept of my old walrein deck. I pull out the line of gyarados and a 1-0-1 line of walrein.

The deck List is this:

PKMN:

3-2-3 Walrein.
3-3 Crawdaunt DP5 ***.
2-2 Claydol.
3 Absol.

Trainers.

1 (Evolve) Technical machine (TS1).
3 (Desevolve) Technical machine (TS2).
4 team galactic mars.
2 team galactic wager.
2 roseanne research.
4 bebe search.
2 warp point.
4 rare candys.

Energys.

12 :water:
3:colorless call energy.
2 special :dark:.

The strategy.

a) Main Strategy.

The main idea is win the match with any knock out as possible or destroy the main pkmn lines of the opponent.

If you start with absol you can discard trainers or pkmn from the opponent hand, retarding the set - up of the opponent as possible. In this moment you must set up one line of claydol and one line of crawdaunt charging crawdaunt with energy.

You can attach the desevolving TM (TS2) in crawdaunt for activate the effect of his 2 attack. Use the TM if you fight v/s a rare candied pkmn or if you start the match with corpish. You must set up a line spheal/sealeo in this point for use the main tech of the deck.

When the opponent have his main pkmn active, you evolve walrein and use his power. Depend of the coin you can destroy the main line of the opponent. If you discard the pkmn with walrein, attack the new ative with the first attack of crawdaunt for return he into the opponent hand. If you discard more pkmn with walrein, you can win the game without do damage.

b) Doing Damage.

This deck have 2 main attackers: Walrein and Crawdaunt.

Walrein can do 70 damage and add a little disruptive effeck in the hand of the opponent with 2 water and 1 colorless. If he doesn't discard a card, his pkmn is paralyzed. Your chances of paralyzing the opponent active pkmn is very less but you can add a less hand control at the game, team galactics helps you in this.

Crawdaunt can do 80 damage only with one water and 2 colorless if he have a TM added. This is solid for a stage 1 pkmn and is doesn't difficult to do.

Spoilers:

Corpish: 50 HP.

Basic Pokemon

[C] Knock Off: Flip a coin, if heads discard 1 card from your opponent's hand without looking.
[C][C] Vicegrip: 20 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Crawdaunt: 90 HP.

Stage 1 – Evolves from Corphish

[W][C] Pincer Rush: Flip a coin, if heads return the Defending Pokemon and all cards attached to it to your opponent's hand.
[W][C][C] Reinforced Pincer: 50 damage. If Crawdaunt has a Technical Machine attached to it, this attack does an additional 30 damage.

Weakness: Lightning (+20)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Technical Machine TS-2 – Trainer – Technical Machine

[.] De-Evolutionator: De-Evolve 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon (excluding Pokemon LV.X) by 1 Evolutionary stage. The Pokemon card removed by De-Evolution is returned to your opponent’s hand.

To use a Technical Machine, attach it to one of your Pokemon. The Pokemon this card is attached to can use the attack on this card.

Technical Machine TS-1 – Trainer – Technical Machine

[.] Evolutionator: Search your deck for 1 Evolution card that Evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and play it on top of that Pokemon, Evolving it. Shuffle your deck afterward.

To use a Technical Machine, attach it to one of your Pokemon. The Pokemon this card is attached to can use the attack on this card.

I puts the match ups soon.

Comment and post yours ideas.

this is a good idea, but i reduce the draw power with this and use 2 more pkmn, the deck with this change goes too slow if you don't set up claydol in the beggining of the game.

Haha, yes. Great job.

;; I was building this as a SD for BRs. Curse you. Curse you and congratulations D: I applaud you sir.

Now for fixes :d

-1 Rare Candy
+1 Absol
-1 TGM
+1 Dawn Stadium

thanks, The Supes.

Your changes are good. dawn stadium helps me in the duration of the pokemons hp, but 4 absol is too much because in the late game they don't are playable.

thanks for the post.

That's what you have special Dark for though right? Plus you want to sure you'll start with him. Anyway, I'd keep the TGM if you don't put in a fourth Absol.

I like the idea. I've always like Walrein. Crawdaunt is interesting, but his first attack being a flip of a coin will give you many turns where you do absolutely nothing. The TM is nice, and I think you could drop Crawdaunt for a better helper/attacker and just keep the TM on them for the ability.

Some people are bold enough to actually try something that, wait for it, may requireluck! If you're willing to take a few risks, you can go a lot farther than decks that don't. Not everyone is clinging to the obvious cards and waiting for their hand to be held in this game. If you take out the Crawdaunt, it's not even the same deck anymore and I implore you not to do it.

crawdaunt is one of the main lines and a powerful st 1 pkmn. I don't remove him. Before crawdaunt i use gyarados as a last triump card and for add more disruption, but crawdaunt add more discard pkmn in the game.

If you're willing to take a few risks, you can go a lot farther than decks that don't.

Or you can fail miserably and blame every one of your losses on luck instead of the fact that the deck just isn't that good :)
Honestly i can see using trainers that need flips to do anything like reversal and stuff, powers that need flips is starting to push it. But attacks that need flips to do anything? Not worth it, because even if power flips and trainer flips fail, you still have your attack. That is not the case with crawdaunt though...

Well the tails side of the coin is that you do end up badly off. If you feel lucky, this is a great deck to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back