No Reverse-foil version of TV Reporter

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by SteveP, Nov 26, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

In case anyone out there is trying to complete a reverse-foil Dragon set, DON'T count on getting a TV Reporter. I've heard from two separate ebay sellers who are selling complete sets of Dragon reverse-foils that this card DOESN'T come in reverse-foil format. I personally opened 4 boxes without pulling this card. My local friend opened 8 boxes and didn't get one. My PTO friend in Utah opened lots of boxes and didn't get one. So, don't waste your time trying to find one.

Hey Nintendo, care to comment on this?

2. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

hehe, i didn't get one in my box either :X... interesting :O

3. spookees

spookees Active Member

not true...lugias_realm had one..and i know of 2 sellers on ebay who got one each only but are keeping them in their own personal collection.
    They are out there but from what i heard (not confirmed) there was a 'sorting' problem. (i have no idea what that is but the card does exist).

4. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

okay, if anyone can get a jpg image of this card, I'd LOVE to see it.

5. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

I think here in St. Louis we have looked through at least 5 Dragon Boxes and we haven't gotten any. And in the 2 prereleases i went to, there were none that were pulled. So I think there is an error or something.

~Colin

6. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

This must mean it is the rariest card in the entire set - possibly in any set. If no one can get one in 8 boxes, yet they exist, they should be considered ultra rare.

It would be cool if Nintendo could make one hard-to-find card in every set, like in Japan with Shining Gyarados and Shining Magikarp. It would be fun to complete the set.

But, I still hope Nintendo makes the holos easier to find since it is like you can only get 1/6 packs. If they do make an ultra rare card, then I hope it isn't a reverse holo because I hate them and for me, they go in a big shoe box with all my other extra commom and uncommon cards.

7. Pablo

Pablo New Member

lol, the people who are trying to make all RH decks will suffer from this. I just hope it was an error and nintendo fixes it, cause i do want some RH tv reporters myself.

8. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

The Reverse TV Reporter exist, I have one at this moment.
    I will find out the exact rarity in a few days, when i'm opening more boxes.

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Come to think of it, the WHOLE day, I didn't see a single RH TV reporter in Plano, either...do you think this could be a REALLY rare card?

I personally think this is similar to the Prerelease Raichu thingy. Many people (myself included) believed that it existed, yet never actually saw it. So, until a pic is up on the net, I won't believe it exists. I know that Lugias_Realm said he got one, but it sounds like he was opening a LOT of packs, and with lots of packs come LOTS of Reverses. It's very likely that he mixed it up with another one of the cards. So, this leads me to think of three possibilities:

-Nintendo forgot to put it into print as a RH. Or, from what Rainbow Gym said, it's possible that just the US didn't get it in Reverse.
    -Nintendo printed far less of these (as opposed to other RH's) on accident, and will fix the problem.
    -Nintendo purposely didn't put many/any of them in so it may be given away as a league/tournament card. :eek:

Just speculations....yes..."speculations" ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2003
  10. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Making up for the lack of Marill error cards in Europe's Sandstorm Packs ;)
    -Phil

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

People have seen the PreRelease Raichu.
    It exists.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

But where's a picture, Pokepop? I want to see the picture! =(

*Laughs* But seriously, if someone does own it, then some sort of proof would be handy, because I've never seen the card, even on the vast jungle that is the internet...

13. gengrr

gengrr New Member

I also know that both exist. In fact, the person I know of with the foil TV Reporter has 3 of them, and was looking for a fourth (sorry, couldn't remember his name). He was at both EX:Dragon Pre-releases though.

I have seen DMTM's Pre-Release Raichu a looooooong time ago. At that time though I was attempting to get his Dark Persian error with no HP, but I never did get it :( . I'll get you gadget. . . or not, lol.

I do have a question for those that have bought boxes and boxes. What are the chances of getting the holo-foil rare? I mean like how many do you get in a box? What are the reverse foil ratios, if anyone has them, between getting foil rares, rares, uncommons, and commons all within a single box?

14. soslowpoke

soslowpoke New Member

I've held the Prerelease Raichu. Obviously it's not supposed to be known about (which is uhm..why there's no pictures of it) And no one outside WOTC (well except for the people have left) has one.

On a side note, I have a no HP Persian

15. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Ugh. A sorting problem? Must explain why we need multiple copies of some cards (including 3 RH TV!) and are choking on plenty of commons!

With a box, RHs usually run:
    4 Holo RH
    4 Rare RH
    8-9 Uncommon RH
    20 -19 Common RH

Least the 10 that we opened ran like that.

16. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I have a question about rarity too. Grumpig in dragon is a holo rare. I got a reverse holo grumpig, is it less rare?

17. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I made the mistake of giving Lugia's relm the in question RH TV reporter I pulled it out of the box I won in the prerelease he collect's RH trainers I do not so I gave it to him for a future trade in the rush of opening all the cards we opened he threw the card away with the trash ie wrappers it was then recovered but ruined end of story so the card does exist at least I can say I've held one
    BLiz

18. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

3 boxes opened here, along with 3 Pre-Releases and haven't seen a single one. Just checked ebay, none out there.

19. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I never sort per box. I open a lot of them and then sort it in one turn.
    For the reverse foils in some series there are commons who are hard to find. The only thing I will look at is how many Foils come out of them.
    The boxes Dragon I opened came from the US so I don't know how it will be in the European boxes, but i'm for 99% sure that EU boxes are the same as the US. They only put a sticker on the outside foil.

Ahh Marril - I found out that in the last 6 boxes (US) there were per box 2 marril with retreat costs en 2 marril without retreat cost.
    All the reverse foils of marril have retreat costs, didn't find any without.

20. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

BJJ brings up an interesting point. Apparently, Nintendo has decided to introduce rarity WITHIN the reverse-holo line. In the past, all RHs had the same rarity. Now, it appears that RHs have their own rarity scheme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.