Oklahoma~Gym Challenge

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by Master Professor Birch, Apr 14, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

:pokeball: ~O K L A H O M A.........O K L A H O M A........Here We Go Again, the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge"~ :pokeball:

Oklahoma, Master Professor Birch has not forgotten about you!!!! This very special event will be held at "Heritage Park Mall"in Midwest City, Oklahoma. (The site of the "Oklahoma State Championships".)

:clap: Attention, Oklahoma Pokemon players and players from around the southwest!!! This is one of the last "Gym Challenges" that will be held in the USA. Come one - come all, this event is open to everyone. Pokemon players earn your FREE TICKET to the "Pokemon World Championships". Yes, you have heard me right!!! FREEEEEEE TICKET. This includes airfare and hotel for you and a guest (must be a parent or legal guardian if under 18 years old). :clap:

The winner of each age group (10-Under, 11-14, & 15-Over) will win an invitation to the "Pokemon World Championships" at Disney World in Orlando, Florida in August 2004. :thumb: Get your "Modified Constructed" Decks ready. There will be a full house for this one. Players will be invading from all over to get that last chance to win this invitation to "Worlds". :D

Come join in on the fun, and have a chance to win an invitation to "Worlds" where you can compete for your share of $100,000 in scholarships and many other great prizes.

Come early and stay late as we will have a full day of Pokemon instore for you. And when this one winds down, there will be three "Veeeery Lucky Winnnners" going to the "Pokemon World Championship" for FREEEEE in August 2004!!!! :eek: :D :cool:

Below are the details of the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge":

6851 East Reno
    Midwest City, Oklahoma 73110
    (405) 737-1099
    [email protected]

Date: May 29, 2004
    Time: 9:00am (Registration Starts)

Entry Fee: $10.00 / $5.00-VIPs
    (VIPs are players that have won a "City Championship" or "State Championship")

Prizes: 1st-8th Place (For Each Age Group)
    (Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, & 15-Over)

Prize Break Down:

1st Place: *Receives One Box of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs
    *An Invitation to the "Pokemon World Championships" in August 2004
    *A "Travel Award" for you and a guest (must be a parent or guardian if under 18 years old) to the 2004 World Championships
    *A "Stage Two VIP Package" containing cool Pokemon merchandise at the World Championships

2nd Place: *18-Booster Packs of Pokemon "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

3rd-4th Places: *9-Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

5th-8th Place: *4-Booster Packs of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Everyone who registers for the "Houston Gym Challenge" receives a Gym Challenge Promo Card!!!

Tournament Format: "Modified Constructed Deck Format"

In "Modified Constructed Deck" format, you bring your own 60-card deck. The "Gym Challenges" will be using the "Age-Modified Swiss" pairing. The number of Swiss rounds will be determined by the total attenance at this event.

After the Swiss rounds are completed, there will be a cut to Single Elimination Finals for each age group. The number of players to qualify for the finals will depend upon the total attendance in their age group.

Oh yes, there will be "Decklists" to fill out and "Deck Checks" afterwards.

**( See the "Pokemon Floor Rules" for information about the "Mofified Format" and "Age-Modified Swiss" pairings at <www.pokemon-tcg.com> )

What To Bring: You need to bring a "Modified Constructed Deck" of 60-cards / Randomizer: Coin to flip or Dice to roll / Damage Counters / $10.00 for Entry Fee for the "Gym Challenge" / Any Extra Money for "Side Events", Food, Drinks, etc.

Side Events: "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament (Free)
    (I will email Master Trainer Jimmer to find out if there are any rule changes.)

Any other "Side Events" that you want to have, please reply on this post or email Master Professor Birch

Judges:

Head Judge: Roy "old man" Roberson, Sr. (Pokemon Professor & League Leader @ "The Game")

Judge: Ryan Davis (Pokemon Professor @ 4th Street Boutique)

Judge: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth (Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc & Pokemon Professor)

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth,
    Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
    Email: [email protected]
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Yay, and a GBA tourney too.... good luck OK, but be prepared to be invaded again.... I should defenitely be at this one....

3. old man

old man New Member

Does being a VIP player mean that they have won a City or State Challenge from ANYWHERE get the discount or does it only apply to those winners from that state?

4. Master Professor Birch

Anywhere.....

~old man~

Good question. If a player has won a "City Championship" or "State Championship" from any other State including the State where the "Gym Challenge" is being held will receive the "VIP" treatment. As you will find out, there are many more advantages to being a "VIP" player!!!!

Master Professor Birch

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Cool, cant wait to find out... hopefully I earn one by this time.... =)

6. Master Professor Birch

Match Play in the Top-???...Cut

:clap: :clap: ~~~Final Cut to the TOP-???~~~ :clap: :clap:

Ok, I have heard enough from players that go undefeated in their age group and then lose in the Top-??? of their age group because of bad draws and bad luck. After the "Age-Modified Swiss Rounds" are completed, we will cut to the Top-??? (as PUI has determined) before the Swiss rounds begin and the final cut in each age group will be "MATCH PLAY". The best 2 out of three games with an one hour time limit. :thumb:

Below are the rules for the "MATCH PLAY".

*Incomplete games will not count as game wins or losts.

*One hour time limit.

*If less than one game is completed when the time limit is called, the winner of that game is the player who has drawn the most prizes. If at that time the game is a "draw", then the player who takes the next prize wins the match.

*If two games are completed and the same player has won both games he/she wins the match.

*If two games are completed and each player has one win and the the third game has not started, the third game will be played as "Sudden Death" with one prize. Winner of that game is the winner of the match.

*If two games have been completed and each player has one win, the player with the most prizes taken in the third game wins the match. If the third game is a draw when time is called, the next player to take a prize wins the match.

There are some GREAT PRIZES to be awarded to the winners of each age group. This will take longer to determine a winner of each age group. But, this is the fair way to determine our winners from Oklahoma to go to the "Pokemon World Championships". :D

As soon as the Top-??? begin their playoffs, we will start the "Unlimited" and "GBA" tournaments. So if you are in the Top-??? of your age group, you probably will not get to play in the "Side Events". :mad:

Good luck to all of the players coming to the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge"!!!! Any comments or questions are welcome.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited: May 13, 2004
  7. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ Active Member

cool thanks for the info...well be at both....and i was wondering if 4th Street is having a tourney on friday the day before the GC....

ttyl

8. Master Professor Birch

Old man....help....

~Blazi-King~

I would think that they will. They always have at least one per week. Might want to check on the "pokemon-tcg website" under tournaments.

Master Professor Birch

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Cool Birch, Thanx.... to bad I didnt get this for top 8 against Blazi-king in OK States.... but kewlness none the less....

10. old man

old man New Member

Of course there will be a tourney at 4th Street on the Friday before. Just as usual. So come on & get those last minute tweaks done to help out the next day. As standard the tourney will start around 6 & be over somewhere between 8:30-9:30.

MPBirch - you must've cut & pasted this from the Houston event. -
    There are some GREAT PRIZES to be awarded to the winners of each age group. This will take longer to determine a winner of each age group. But, this is the fair way to determine our winners from Houston to go to the "Pokemon World Championships".
    Good luck to all of the players coming to the "Houston Gym Challenge"!!!! Any comments or questions are welcome.
    I certainly hope you mean OK. Methinks you go play another round of golf :)

11. Master Professor Birch

~old man~

Thanks for catching the errors. Yes, I have learned what "cut & paste" is all about. I scan over the posts, but when I look sometimes I just don't see. I thinks; I am getting too old for this. Thanks again, for the "proof reading" and I hope that you will continue to do so.

Oh yes, thank YOU for allowing me to go play golf today. You are the man in Okalhoma and you take goooood care of her Pokemon players.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited: May 4, 2004
  12. Master Professor Birch

Side Events...

:eek: ~Side Events for the Oklahoma Gym Challenge~ :eek:

"Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament :clap: Entry Fee: FREE :clap:

Players will play in one big tournament for all players. Entry Fee is FREE!!! this Tournament is "Single Elimination". Judges' decision is final. Pokemon USA, Inc. does not supply prize support for this type of tournament. Master Professor Birch will supply the prizes.

Below are the Rules for the "GBA" Tournament:

*10-minute matches
    *3-Pokemon level 50 0r lower
    *No two of the same Pokemon
    *Players may use only one or none of these Pokemon : Groudon, Kygore, Rayquara, Jirachi, or Ho-oh on their team
    *Only Pokemon caught in either Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Sapphire, or Pokemon Colosseum from the North American market
    *No Pokemon caught in Japanese games may be used
    *No duplicate held items
    *Certain powers (rest, recover, etc.) are not allowed after eight minutes into the match
    *Modified GBA cartridges are NOT allowed
    *Judges' rulings are final
    *"Sudden Death" time limit after time has expired, if match is a tie

"Sealed Deck" Tournament :clap: Entry Fee: $10.00 :clap: (Also Known as "Sealed Pack")

This will work just like the one we had at the "Oklahoma State Championships". You will receive six packs of the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" to make a 40-Card Deck including basic energy. This tournament will be limited to the first 24 paid players. We will run Age-Modified Swiss Rounds and cut to the Top-8.
    :cool:

These are the "Side Events" for the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge". Master Professor Birch hopes to see you there with this being the last chance to win that free trip to "Worlds" at the Gym Challenges. :D

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Once again, I wish the OK'ers luck at defending their egg, and Texans best of luck at cracking that egg! ;)

*whistles* Ooooooklahoma where the wind, comes....sweepin' down the plaaaaaanes.

14. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Hey just found out I'll be coming. :)
    Luck we don't need luck us Texans will crack the egg and fry the egg ten time over. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (mouth foaming.)

15. Master Professor Birch

Update...

~~Oklahoma....This Is an Update~~

Ok guys, this is the "Update" for the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge".

"Schedule of Events"

9:00am.....Registration Starts for the "Gym Challenge & GBA" Tournaments (GC: $10.00-Entry Fee & GBA: FREE)

9:45am....."GBA" Tournament Begins

10:30am..."Oklahoma Gym Challenge" Starts (Rounds 1-3)

12:00 noon....Lunch :D

12:30pm....4th Round of Gym Challenge Starts

3:00pm.....Registration for "Sealed Deck" Tournament ($10.00-Entry Fee)

5:00pm or After "OK GC Ends....."Sealed Pack" Tournament Begins

9:00pm....Close up Shop (Hopefully) :rolleyes:

"Other Announcements"

*"VIPs" now include the following: City Championship Winners / State Championship Winners / Gym Challenge Winners :clap:

*I have heard rumored that we may be getting "Coupons" from our favorite "Chicken Fast Food Place" in the Mall :thumb:

*I am sure that Roger Stillwell from "THE GAME" will be having Pokemon Specials all day long and be sure to check out his new "Pokemon League" and "Pokemon Tournaments" that will be held at his store in the near future. :cool:

"old man" have I left anything out that should be included in these announcements??? If so, please post and share with everyone.

Master Professor Birch will be continuing his "Magical Pokemon Tour" at "The Heritage Park Mall" on May 29, 2004. If you have any "Professor Birch" cards that you would like signed, please bring them with you. I hope to see you here at the "Oklahoma Gym Challenge". This will be a GOOOOOD ONE!!!

16. poinko

poinko New Member

OKLAHOMA IS THE BSET!! :clap:

I don't know if I'll be able to make it there or not. Hopefully so, but we'll just have to see when the time comes. O, to make another trip to the land of the orange barrel... :rolleyes:

17. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Richard. I have a playset of reverse holofoil Birches that have just been itching to get signed by you.

For this reason, and this reason alone, I will travel the distance to the OK GC. :) lol

18. Master Professor Birch

Is There a Chance...

~Patriarch~

This is great news!!! Is there a chance that some of the local faithful might be coming with you? If we can get enough players to attend like in the DFW area, I will make it a full-blown Pokemon Party to end the school year!!! OK, start recruiting your friends and let's "carvan" up to the "Heritage Park Mall" for the "End of School Pokemon Party"!!! :cool:

By the way, Master Professor Birch will be giving away three invitations and trips to Orlando, Florida for the "Pokemon World Championships" on August 20-22. Think, if you win one of these, that means you will miss school next year on the 20th and 23th of August. But, that is alright, because you will be with Master Professor Birch and he will be schooling you in "Pokemon-e TCG~301". :rolleyes:

Later.

19. old man

old man New Member

MP BIRCH - The only thing I see that you haven't mentioned is deck checks & lists will be done before the main tournament, Also there will be deck checks during the tournament and again at the playoffs.

POINKO - We're not the bset anymore! We noticed this last weekend coming home that they changed the sign to the best pizza in TEXAS!

20. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

"Oooooooklahoma were the wind comes sweeping through the plain and the waving wheat shure smells and the wind comes right before the rain." (Fades out in the distance.)
    OKC I'm coming home and I'll be like the wid and sweep through the competition.

O K L A H O M A Oklahoma OK!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 20, 2004