Old Cards Questions

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Ikari, Aug 31, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Hi! I'm interested in Unlimited cards and i'm searching some clarification about 3 cards:

Sneasel (Neo Genesis)
    [DD] Beat Up (20x) Flip a coin for each of your Pokemon in play (including this one). This attack does 20 damage times the number of heads.

Q1: When Sneasel has 2 Special Dark Energy, it will do 20x(Heads) + 20 or (20+20)xHeads
    Q2: When Sneasel has 1 DRE, it will do 20x(Heads)-10 or (20-10)x(Heads)

Pokemon Breeder Fields

Flip a coin for each of your non-Baby Pokemon that can evolve. For each heads, search your deck for a later-Stage card that matches that Pokemon. Then put that card into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

I got this:

Active: Squirtle
    Bench 1: Magmar
    Bench 2: Elekid (New Edition, non-baby)
    Bench 3: Bulbasaur

When i play this card:
    Q1: Flip 1 Coin for Squirtle, if head i should search for Blastoise.
    Q2: Can Flip a coin for Magmar? (To search for a Magmortar)
    Q3: Since new version of Elekid (Like DP) are not a "Baby Pokemon", can I flip a coin for it?
    Q4: Should i "point" the Pokemon that i was fliping the coin? Example: I flip 2 coins 1 for squirtle and 1 for Bulbasaur, if only one is heads i got to choose between Venusaur or Blastoise or if i flip heads with squirtle and tails with bulbasaur, should i search ONLY for Blastoise.

Slowking (Neo Genesis)

Mind Games - Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card, you may flip a coin. If heads, that card does nothing. Put it on top of your opponent's deck. This power can't be used if Slowking is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.

Q1: Is Stackable?

Sorry for the extension.

Thanks in advance!!! :smile:

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

1. You flip all the coins and calculate the damage and THEN add 10 for each Special Darkness energy card.
    2. Sneasel can't use DRE. You can't attach it to a Basic. But for a Pokemon that could use it, same as above. Do all the calculations and THEN subtract 10.

Breeder Fields: This is one of the rare cases where "new babies" have the same drawback as "old babies".
    They don't have a normal evolution path. They evolve via a Poke-Power. Therefore, they don't meet the "can evolve" requirement and there are no evolutions of them you can search for.

You can't flip for "each" Basic that you have. The card says how many you can flip for.
    1. You can search for Wartortle or Blastoise
    2, Yes
    3. No, can't flip
    4. You have to designate before you flip which Pokemon you are flipping for.

Slowking:
    1. Unfortunately, yes it is. It should have been errata'd to make it like the Japanese card, but they never did it.