OMG, Hussein Captured!

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by )v(ajin_ipg21, Dec 14, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

*sigh*

I truly truly truly hope that THIS will begin that new chapter Bush has wanted. AGREE OR DISAGREE with his foreign policy *I have disagreed* may this FINALLY be that psychological victory that he has sought.

MAY OUR SOLDIERS STOP DYING THERE!!!

*But then again I feel sorry for all the Dem presidentail candidates. It is a lost cause.
    I predict BUSH just won his re-election.

KEEP the peace here and let's have an awesome discussion.

2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I am glad he was captured. I havent completely agreed or disagred with everything Bush has done. I truly wish it was "the other guy" but this is truly GREAT NEWS!!!

3. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

"*But then again I feel sorry for all the Dem presidentail candidates. It is a lost cause.
    I predict BUSH just won his re-election."

I doubt it. It's still eleven months to the election, and as long as men and women are still dying in Iraq, anything's still possible. This war stopped being about Saddam a long time ago. All it takes is one more major attack and this is erased.

4. penguin_master

penguin_master New Member

I can't believe they got him! Yay!

5. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Heard he was living with rats!

6. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

However, the reason we didn't get quite as much of the crap in WWII as seen here was because Hitler was already dead. Loyalists have this feeling of hope that, if their boss is hiding somewhere, then they can continue on his work. Once the mother hen is dead, then the chickens spread.

Unfortunately, we still have another great obstacle: Osama Bin Laden, who has managed to evade us longer than Saddam Hussein himself. Now that rebuilding Iraq has gotten a lot easier, the few remnants of the Baathe party may join up with Al-quada, and we have MORE of a threat on that end. It's coming to a peaceful close in Iraq, but elsewhere, we may see far worse...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  7. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

The only way to tell how this will end of is wait a week :p If more attacks continue well then meh Yoshi was right, but if really nothing happens well then it may be gettin more peacful in Iraq.

8. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

And yet... still no "weapons of mass destruction"...

9. treecko_332

treecko_332 New Member

Good thing he was captured. Now we (our country) and (hates to say name) Bush can get out of Iraq and let them live in peace. We got what we wanted out of Iraq, lets not push the limets.

Treecko

10. jdb728

jdb728 New Member

Perhaps, except for the chemical weapons the Iraqi military was shoot at US troops.
    Anyway, doesn't the simple fact that the US FINALLY got a ruthless dictator out of power make you "proud to be an American"(If you don't mind the quote from the song)?
    Can't forget about the Iraqi people who're finally free from dictatorship(I think 1 reason why so many soldiers were happy to be goin' over there is the fact that they are getting to do something so special, saving all the Iraqi's from oppression).

I kinda agree with Pokekid, it'll prolly go down to the next week or 2(Not exact quote).

Still waitin' for 'em to get osama.

Thanks for reading

11. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

yeah, there will definately be more of an influx of fighting in the next few weeks until they can get him safely out of the country for trial. Remember, a chicken still runs after its head is cut off. So we haven't seen the worst yet.

I predict that it would probably be either at the embasies in Bagdhad or anywhere in Tukrit, because in Bagdhad, that's where they would try to send an "alive and kicking" message to the US. and in Tukrit, because they would want to return it to what it was in Saddam's reign, so they'd destroy the improvements that they have made in that city.

Everyone pray that our soldiers don't get killed, and that no inocents get caught in the crossfire.

12. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

But we can't leave Iraq, and we most certainly have to push our limits. Victory is the only option, and a part of victory is that we turn the liberated land into a free, democratic nation. Even though Hussein's been captured, he still stands a chance of beating us if we EVER pull back before the job's complete.

13. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I see your point, Patriarch, and as usual, I'm staying neutral on this one.
    The one bit I'm worried about is that he did have quite a few lookalikes while he was in power, and it's still possible that this one is not him, but to ponder the question would be a moot point, unless we had someone who would be able to tell the difference.

14. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

DNA Testing

15. yoshi1001

yoshi1001 New Member

Besides, if you were a Saddam look-alike, would you hide in a hole with rats?

16. farbsman

farbsman New Member

I doubt that very much. If I remember right he is still the one who started this mess, and reports coming from Iraq today show the attacks are still continuing. So this only solved the fact that we didn't have him in our custody. The people attacking the soldiers in Iraq are not all together, it seems to be random groups. I mean, how can you control all those people froma hole in the ground? LOL

17. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

At least he is alive and captured. THEN again there are conspiracy theorist (muslim and non-muslim)
    I personally feel that passionately blinded groups and individuals cannot be reasoned with. Their minds cannot be changed. AND scarier they are when they are willing to become martyrs AT the cost of other people's lives.
    Fascinating really BUT IMO there was too much to lose and too HIGH a risk in Iraq.

OK, is osama is captured before the next election Bush is absolutely re=elected ;)

Uh oh jdb, watch it with those PROUD to be AMERICAN litmus tests.
    Have been TOO ABUSED in the past...
    The greatest pride I can have is to be able to HAVE a different opinion than the rest and that we CAN OUST our leaders through the ballot box. Man, many countries don't even have that option and violence is their alternative =(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  18. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

I couldn't resist. :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  19. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

The quote of an idiot in denial. That's pretty much exactly what Saddam is thinking too.

20. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

Uh, you do realize I made it up, right?