Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

One unatainable left???

Spectreon

Ok, after everything I have seen on Seribi and a couple of other sites, I have come up with this theory... we may still be missing 1 Pokemon. I have not heard of being able to aquire it, so if I am wrong, let me know, it is one of my faves!!! The Pokemon is......

PORIGON2

I have not heard of being able to acquire the held item needed to trade evolve Porigon. The Upgrade. Please tell me I am wrong, and where you get it. (Me and a friend think most likely place will be Silph CO in Saphron). Please tell me I will be able to make Porigon evolve.......PLEASE!!!!

I know Pori was in there, but hadnt seen heard anything about the Upgrade needed for evoltuion, if it is in there great. Every other evolution item is obtainable that I know of... but I cant live without my bobbing head Pori2...... I name them after game systems, My shineys I hatched for me are PS1 and PS2 (Pori1 and 2), also made for trading, Genesis/Dreamcast, N64/GameCube, and GBC and GBA... they were fun!!!!

Apparently, Mew, Porygon 2, and Celebi are the odd ones left out. There's currently NO WAY of obtaining these three. The only thing I can think of for Porygon 2 would be an e-Reader card that contains the item Upgrade, like the Berries. It's possible.

Are you sure, I remember seeing a picture of the UPGRADE and Porygon2 himself on serebii.net's item guide and obtainable pokemon guide.

Oh yea, and Mew was on their catchable pokemon list too...

Last edited:
They usually do everything through hacking or cheating (hence how they got to Deoxys' island since it's not accessable legitly). Upgrade is programmed in the games, but there is no way to get them normally. They listed Mew, but they made no mention of where or how. And because Deoxys isn't legitly obtainable, Mew isn't either. So it remains as Mew, Porigon 2 and Celebi that aren't accessable LEGITLY unless there's an e-Reader card that changes that later on.

Well in Japan (and likely here) Celebi is obtainable in Colossiuem.... But yeah, not sure on Mew. They didnt cheat to get Deoxys directly, they just cheated to get item required to get him.... oh well, technically the same thing..... With no way to trade Mew/Celebi, they will have to have some way of obtaining them, then again, us TCG'ers are still waiting for Unown R....

Didn't think Celebi was in Colosseum. I knew Ho-Oh was, but not Celebi. Oh well. As I said, to get Deoxys, you need to cheat to get to it. Like I said, probably the only way to get them would be through the next few e-Reader card series' for the GBA or the upcoming Colosseum e-Reader card series.

Seribii is also where it said that preordered games/whatever got a special bonus disc containing Celebi. Wasnt in Colessiuem exactly, my bad....

Serebii.net leaves out the fact that you have to hack or cheat to reach Deoxys' island. It's not available to reach normally. Upgrade is a G/S/C item that's currently only obtainable once in those games and only available there. Because the programming is different, you can't use RBY or GSC with Colosseum or trade or battle with RuSa and FRLG.

ETR, most of us realize that. It does say you need an Aruara ticket, or whatever, to get Deoxys, but it doesnt mention how they got it... dead give away.

And yes, like mentioned above, Upgrade is in GSC, but does absolutely no good for Coleseum/RuSa/FRLG. I have not heard of a way to obtain it either....

Ok...first off, Celebi was in the japanese bonus disc. Mew may still be in the game due to the discovery of its over world sprite by means of history hacking. Ho-oh is also obtainable in Fr/GL on the 8th island, accessable by Mystery Ticket. The upgrade is probably given out in the same place it was in G/S/C, Silph co.

Porygon is one of my ultimate favorites too. I was using it in Gold/Silver, and love everything about this Pokémon: its looks, the whole idea of upgrading and its funny cry. :D I'm glad you can obtain it in FR/LG.

tego, without hacking, you can't obtain it. I own the cart, All I'm missing is Deoxys, Porygon2, Mew and Lugia. (Don't have either of the tickets, but I have collosseum.) Sorry guys :(. Good luck with the english version though.

reluctantly drudgeing this back up, but I have some new news on the Upgrade.... and yes it is available... thanx to Poinko for first finding it...

I font know where exactly I got it, but I am like 99% sure it came from the Team Rocket base on Island 5 of the new Islands... Irregardless, it is on one of these Islands, and is available, so good news for all those Pori2 fans like myself.... note it is still 1x per game item as far as I can tell

You all say that we can get everyone except Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys... what about Lugia??? I know for a fact that he is NOT in Colosseum and I seriously doubt that they would put him in FR/LG...

Last edited:
Back