Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Online TCG beta now live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they let you play TSS on the first turn... is that program already running with new BW rules or something?

edit: also supporters are discarded when they,re played

Not terribly interesting in it's current form, but it's polished and will be great when the "full" version of TCG Online comes out later in the year.

HOWEVER, what actually IS very interesting is the game uses B&W rules. You can use supporters/trainers on the first turn, supporters discard, plus power gets discarded right after use, ect. I think this essentially confirms we get the rule changes when B&W hits.

Please, oh PLEASE announce a rotation in the next week or so, or I'm going to be a sad panda :'(

I did Singe and burned their Beldum. They used its attack to switch with Zubat and the Zubat was burned at the end of their turn? New rule or just a little mess up?

Probably a mess-up. Betas are for catching those, so you should be able to find a bug-report button somewhere.

Another thing to keep in mind, this is probably the same system that the online version of the trading card game will be using this fall. It might have just made more economical sense to implement the new rules now instead of having to do a major overhaul of the entire program right before releasing it in PvP form.

Just because it implements the new rules does not guarantee that the new rules will be implemented as soon as B&W is released. It does strongly point to that being the case, but until TPCi make an official announcement as to the rulings change (and they will), it's still entirely speculation.

No way! I was 100% sure I'd have to get Windows on my Mac to play it, but it's Flash based? I love you TPCi!

Another BW change, Lia.

My basic first impressions...

Slick interface, though it probably won't work too well on slower connections.

Randomization seems a little bit off. With 21 energy in my deck, it shouldn't happen that I start with a dry spell for 6 turns, including the opening hand.

Some of the add/remove choices are odd at best. Why would I remove Energy Switch for Interviewer's Questions when I've still got 21 energy in my deck? Even with 19 Energy in my deck, Interviewer should get me 1-3 Energy most of the time. Also, Ursaring? Seriously?

The AI is rather stupid. I played Circulator to get Machamp out of the Active. Why wouldn't it send up something with a small retreat, and then bring the Champ right back to beat my face in? It sent up 3-retreat Onix against my sniping brigade. Machamp only attacked twice against me.

I haven't seen any egregious errors. Just some minor annoyances. Like when I'm looking at my opponent's cards (or any field cards for that matter), it takes some kind of voodoo that I'm not aware of to get back to my hand, and it's almost never the same series of clicks.

But, this is good for a beta test. I'll wait until I see what the full version looks like before I start rendering judgments on this thing.

Won't matter when PvP comes out but AI doesn't see bench targets very well. Had a Metagross go for Pulse Blast on my active when Double Leg Hammer would have KO'd two of my bench for the win. Also Octillery opted to Ink Bomb for 20 on my active rather than hit the Caterpie on my bench.

I double clicked my bench and it lifted them all up, but I cant look at them, put them down.. Or do anything. Ive had to restart the game twice now because of it..

Did they not test this before putting out the beta? These are mistakes that should have been caught during production.

Pwah ! Characters are ugly !
Have you looked at Professor iEatchildren ?

feed_ch_parents2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back