Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

OREGON - Black & White Prerelease Tournaments

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
BLACK and WHITE Arrives in Oregon​
Over 70 NEW Pokémon from the Unova region​

The long awaited, much anticipated Pokémon TCG BLACK & WHITE expansion is arriving in Oregon on Saturday, April 23rd. You can discover a legion of over 70 never-before-seen Pokémon from the newly explored Unova region, including new starter Pokémon Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott, as well as powerful new Pokémon like Zoroark, Galvantula, Reuniclus, plus many more! The Black & White expansion comes battle-ready with over 110 cards, including the Legendary Reshiram and Zekrom, both featuring never-before-seen art that covers the entire card! ALL of the Pokémon in the Black & White expansion are from the Unova region, and they will have a major impact on the TCG. Expand your Pokémon world with Pokémon Black & White – Get to a Prerelease as soon as possible!

PORTLAND (4/23/11)
303 SE 3rd AVE, Portland, OR
Date - Saturday, April 23rd, 2011
Registration – (Morning Prerelease) 9:00 AM until 9:45 AM (Afternoon Prerelease) 1:30 PM until 2:15 PM
NOTE: We are running 2 separate prerelease events at Guardian to spread out the crowd and allow you more flexibility to fit it into your day. The first one starts at 9:00 AM and will end at 1:15 PM. The second one starts at 1:30 PM and will end at 5:45 PM. Then at 6:00 PM we will start booster draft side events. You are free to come to one, two or all three events at Guardian. If you choose to come to both prerelease events you will have to pay the $25 fee for each one and you will get a Black & White promo and deck box for each one (while supplies last).

MEDFORD (4/23/11)
207 E. Barnett Rd., Medford, OR
Date - Saturday, April 23rd, 2011
Registration – 11:00 AM until 11:45 PM

LEBANON (4/24/11)
1188 South Main Street, Lebanon, OR
Date - Sunday, April 24th, 2011
Registration – 11:00 AM until 11:45 AM

Milwaukie (4/30/11)
16550 Southeast McLoughlin Blvd., Milwaukie, OR
Date - Saturday, April 30th, 2011
Registration – (Morning Prerelease) 11:00 AM until 11:45 AM (Afternoon Prerelease) 2:30 PM until 3:15 PM
NOTE: We are running 2 separate prerelease events at Milwaukie to spread out the crowd and allow you more flexibility to fit it into your day. The first one starts at 11:00 AM and will end at 2:15 PM. The second one starts at 2:30 PM and will end at 5:45 PM. Then at 6:00 PM we will start booster draft side events. You are free to come to one, two or all three events at Round Table Pizza. If you choose to come to both prerelease events you will have to pay the $25 fee for each one and you will get a Black & White promo and deck box for each one (while supplies last).

SALEM (5/1/11)
546 High St NE, Salem, OR
Date - Sunday, May 1st, 2011
Registration – 11:00 AM until 11:45 AM

REMEMBER: Times for these Tournaments vary. Check the registration times above. Players who arrive after registration ends can still play, but they may not be entered in the first round of the prerelease.

Stand By for DS the Announcement – There have been requests to switch to the new Black & White DS game and we are considering it!

First!!! Where is everyone...22 minutes have elapsed since BDS posted!

Check that...32 minutes, no wonder I haven't played well this year...can't subtract :cool:

Last edited:
I almost posted exactly what I was doing, but it was suuuuper depressing. Not like in a "Off playing Hello Kitty Adventure Island" sort of depressing either >.>

Please tell me we get an :setsHGSS:-on format after these prereleases!

Either way, I can't wait, but I'm a bit let down that Salem is last on the list. >_>
~Cyber~

Why is eugene not getting a prelease we have alot of people that are looking forward to the black and white prerelease and they arent going to want to travel to lebanon or salem?

Why is eugene not getting a prelease we have alot of people that are looking forward to the black and white prerelease and they arent going to want to travel to lebanon or salem?

You could travel to Medford! :smile:

Stand By for DS the Announcement – There have been requests to switch to the new Black & White DS game and we are considering it!

Also, I don't know about what you guys up there are doing, but we will be using the new Black and
White video games for the DS side event at our event down in Medford on the 23rd!

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Ya know, I'm tempted to run a BW DS tournament at Salem's prerelease anyway, especially since so many members at the Salem League already transferred their Pokemon to the new games. I think at Regionals I'll set up a poll to see if the players want Single, Double, or Triple battle tournaments.
~Cyber~

Ya know, I'm tempted to run a BW DS tournament at Salem's prerelease anyway, especially since so many members at the Salem League already transferred their Pokemon to the new games. I think at Regionals I'll set up a poll to see if the players want Single, Double, or Triple battle tournaments.
~Cyber~
It would be better if you work through Mr. Raichu to coordinate the transition. Having a plan in place for the transition will create a lot less frustration among the players who come to many of the events in the Willamette Valley and expect to have the game play coordinated. Jason runs the Southern Oregon events and there is little overlap in the player base with events up here, so the change down there can be decided separately. Remember, I am not saying we wouldn't switch to Black and White, just saying we need to coordinate as much as possible.

BDS

I strongly feel we should wait a bit longer for switching DS tournaments to B/W.

One major reason is the official rules, if they're anything like the Japanese ones, won't allow the use of non-unova Pokemon.

That means anything transferred from old games isn't usable, anyway.

If we're going to switch, I'd like all players to be in the habit of using the official rules, whatever they end up being.

Also, BOO for no Hillsboro Pre-release.

Boo.

You already know the answer to that question :wink:
If you'd like to talk more about give me a call.
Eugene is really not that far away from Lebanon.

Last edited:
I still can't get over the fact that we're doing prerelease right after Regionals. The Pokemon players are about to get spoiled with all these events. :biggrin:
~Cyber~

I have an idea as far as the DS is concerned, I can help people transfer in Pokemon onto their BnW carts, so they can use the BnW games for the battles, but use the current rules in place.
Since it takes two DS's to do the transfering, I can lend them mine to use to do the transfering, since I think the main reason is that not everyone has access to two DS's to do the transfering.

This transition period of the rules/pokies is what is kind of holding things back as far as what cartridges we use, as you can still play the current rules while using BnW games to do the battling with. Now being able to use 5th gen pokies- that is a bit of a different side of the matter, as the games are so new that not everyone has enough 5th gen pokies that they can use to battle with, but they have at least a dozen of usable pokies on their other games but yet to be able/can't transfer them over.

It's a shame the Portland one isn't on Sunday, because Sunday is my birthday! Blarg. Oh well. Hoping to get a deck made for Battle Roads since I missed Regionals :(

Back