Organizing a League

Discussion in 'Pokémon League' started by Tsuga, Aug 22, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Tsuga

Tsuga New Member

I'm wondering if there's any way of organizing a league without actually having ownership of a shop/store that could host the event (judging by the application on the POP site, it seems like you must own a shop). I was thinking of organizing a league that is held in a public place, such as a mall, or someplace like a school (as a club or something).

Just curious as to whether or not it's possible. Thanks in advance!

2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Yep, I've seen Leagues run out of public libraries and community centers (I actually belong to one in a community center). Just make sure that the "authorities" at the place you're thinking about are kool with the idea.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

You may need to be a Prof to do so, however.
    Check with POP, though, to be certain.

4. Hagrid23

Hagrid23 New Member

Professorship is not required. A League Owner has to be at least 18 years old and in good standing with PUI. THere are other restrictions on the locations and times that a league can be run. Unfortunately the League home page doesn't give a definative set of requirements.

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I meant to have it at a non-store, not just to have a league.

6. Tsuga

Tsuga New Member

Is there an official E-Mail address that I could use to contact POP?

Thanks for all your help!

7. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

8. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Yeah, My league is in the storage room of a KB Toys at my local mall. The leader doesn't own it and it is allowed there. The only problem is that it must be shut down from September-January for Chrismas storage :(

9. Tsuga

Tsuga New Member

Okay, I have another question. What's the difference between a League, and a Gym? I've seen people talk about both, but I'm still not too sure what the differences are.

10. Pokeplayer

Pokeplayer New Member

A gym is another name for a league in my opinion....