Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Over 4 of each Pokemon.. never?

jolteon234

Hey, I was wondering... this is probably a really easy question but I've just started playing again and it'd help if someone could tell me straight up how it works...
Say for example you want to put more than 4 of a particular pokemon in your deck for whatever reason. I know it was ruled that cards like "Electabuzz" and "Electabuzz EX" are considered two different cards and therefore you can have 4 of each in your deck. My question is...
If you have a pokemon, lickitung for example... one version of the card says (for example) "Lickitung lv. 39" and another card simply says "Lickitung", and they are both different cards (different sets, different attacks, HP, etc.)... would you be allowed to play 4 of each, or no?

This just didn't seem straightforward to me at a glance because of obvious situations like the fact that Empoleon Lv. (whatever level it is) and Empoleon Lv. X are very clearly two different cards, so yeah.

Pokemon Level has no effect on the Pokemon's name.

In the description of Pokemon LV.X in the rulebook, it states that Pokemon LV.X count towards the 4 for that Pokemon.

The new Unown are considered differently-named Pokemon, as well as Gastrodon East Sea/West Sea and the Burmy/Wormadam Pokemon.

Back