Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Palin uses semantics to imply that Obama is pal of "terorrist"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemansForGeeks

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you wish Palin would just go back in the hole she came from, like me?

I think she's reached a new low with this one.

Don't start a conversation on this unless you offer the quote in context. Granted, a lot of people don't like Sarah Palin, but her quote is a direct reference to Obama's relationship with William Ayers - not Obama himself.

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7653132.stm

McCain/Palin have shown more and more, especially in the debates, that they are more willing to smear/sling than to actually discuss and promote their own policies or directly criticize the points of Obama/Biden.

Come on, the two individuals barely have any kind of connection, especially for terrorism. Why would she even bring it up unless to manipulate the audience into making some unfounded association between Obama and terrorism? This is just like the winking and stuff she tries to pull. I want to hear substance from the republican party, and I've seen none of it yet.

It's kind of a joke.

Don't start a conversation on this unless you offer the quote in context. Granted, a lot of people don't like Sarah Palin, but her quote is a direct reference to Obama's relationship with William Ayers - not Obama himself.

Does it really matter?

In case you haven't guessed already, no, it doesn't.

What a silly comment!

That makes no sense....thats like saying someone is a ninja(lol) but not actually reffering to him/her, just "those people" in general!

Whether she said he was speaking to him or whom he associated with, is saying it to his face!!
She called him a terrorist, now stop being a republican and trying to find another loop hole to get through!

She didn't call him a terrorist. She said that he was close with a terrorist.... Which is true.

It is obviously an act of desperation from the McCain campaign... and I don't blame them. All is fair in politics.

*Blinks* uh yeah, it kinda does, Ixidor, because that's the whole basis of this. "Palling around with terrorists" =/= an accusation of Obama being a terrorist himself.

"Stop trying to be a Republican," Vegeta? Well then, you're giving Republicans a pretty big endorsement, because I'm relying on pure common sense - and Lord knows the Republican party is not always on par with common sense.

As for Ryan, the connection is there: Barack Obama has, for his entire political career, tolerated the likes of William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, if all it means is power and advancement amongst the radical Chicago elite. Their relationship is at best an acquaintanceship...Which is not desirable of a presidential candidate.

Be that as it may, it doesn't even come close to the association with Rezko.

(FYI, the Jeremiah Wright association means nothing)

"relying on pure common-sense?"
haha, if you say so!

If it was common sense what you said, then I would of respected your opinion on it and not of responded!

And yeah, it is an act of desperation, and all is fair!

I agree with that but, lets see how that helps in the polls!

So now she decides to mention a newspaper she reads?

QFT! Actually, it means the GOP goons have written it out on a flash card for her to read, like the other "folksy" sayings she used at the debate when she hardly answered a single Q.

Keith

So I'm confused who's side is Sarah Palin on. I mean she running with Macain but so far it seems like she has done an awful lot to make sure the Democrats win this election.

Palin is probably one of the main reasons why I dislike the republican ticket OH so much.

If he had respected the american people and chosen a legitimate running-mate I would probably give him my vote.

But she really knows how to ruin everything.

"relying on pure common-sense?"
haha, if you say so!

If it was common sense what you said, then I would of respected your opinion on it and not of responded!

Perhaps you don't have an eye for common sense??? :biggrin:

But seriously, All I want is a respectful discussion with the issues in context - and there is nothing contextual about distorting Sarah Palin's words.

Like her or hate her...She did not say that Obama was a terrorist.

Perhaps you don't have an eye for common sense??? :biggrin:

But seriously, All I want is a respectful discussion with the issues in context - and there is nothing contextual about distorting Sarah Palin's words. Like her or hate her...She did not say that Obama was a terrorist.

SOooooo, it IS OK to distort the TRUTH to make it seem like Obama hangs out with domestic terrorists, when said actions happened in the 60s when Barack (and Sarah) were mere children!! I understand now.

Keith

Even if she didn't call Obama a terrorist, Kettler, she made the obvious association and she wanted the audience to make a mental connection and association between Obama and domestic terrorism. That is wrong. The connection does not exist, and it is irresponsible and immature to say what she said.

My opinion of her just keeps decreasing. Will she ever stop blundering? Maybe when she has rehearsed index cards to read off from? That's the only time it seems she doesn't just BUTCHER whatever speaking role she has.

Yeah, you put this out of context, he is CLOSE with a terrorist, not A terrorist. As much as i support McCain/Palin, this IMO was a very interesting statement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back