Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PAypal/ebay experts help thanks

jesschow12

hi new here :)

i am going to setup a paypal account and dont own any credit card.My bank account is POSB ,now i have several questions

1) i know that sending $$ doesnt get charged but the receiver will get charged by whatever % listed there .I also saw a "return fee" what does it do?

2) I read about the reverse of transaction and didnt understand this part.Eg: you are a seller in ebay[sell small stuff like cards] and the buyer choose regular mail .So the buyer pay $ then u click "ok to ship" right?? After that the buyer decided to play cheat and claim item not received.What method do you use to settle this?

3) I want to link the posb acc to the paypal ,should i use a credit card or debit card?? which 1 is preferable?? Is there anyway to apply online or must go down to the bank and do the application??

4) Lets say i sold a stuff in ebay which is $10,when the buyer pays the $$ the amount of $ i receive is lesser than $10?? [minus $$ due to ebay charge and paypal charge]

Your help is appreciated ,thanks.

2) I read about the reverse of transaction and didnt understand this part.Eg: you are a seller in ebay[sell small stuff like cards] and the buyer choose regular mail .So the buyer pay $ then u click "ok to ship" right?? After that the buyer decided to play cheat and claim item not received.What method do you use to settle this?

You have two options before the sale 1) You(seller) can put in your auction that you ship certified mail so the (buyer) will know the cost is more than regular mail. 2) You (seller) can only deal with (buyers) who have high feedback rates (post in auction listing no sellers with no or low feedbacks can bid) If you this does happen both Paypal and Ebay have resolutions center that will deal with the problem. I've sold on Ebay and they have done well by me with buyer who try to rip me off

4) Lets say i sold a stuff in ebay which is $10,when the buyer pays the $$ the amount of $ i receive is lesser than $10?? [minus $$ due to ebay charge and paypal charge] Yes you can add more for shipping which will offset the fees charges and you will get close to the $10. but that could cause buyers to look for the same item from another seller that is cheaper.

or you can take the advice from the above post..

Paypal is not any problem at all. The problem is Ebay. Paypal is amazing and has great customer service. Ebay has the worst customer service I have been through and also Ebay supports piracy and counterfeiters as they do not remove infringing listings unless an outside company forces it. Ebay continues to be a highly active selling location for illegal goods which means sellers selling legit items may get less than what they truly are worth. You can still create a Paypal account even without a credit card but then it simply becomes something with no real purpose. I do believe that if receive money from someone into your paypal account you can have that money sent to you from paypal as a check, but no more than $500 a month.

is there a way to dodge the fees from receiving $? I saw Drew's sales thread which 1 of his rules state that "pls send as gift,i dont wan to get fee'd" ,i am not sure what Gift means.

is there a way to dodge the fees from receiving $? I saw Drew's sales thread which 1 of his rules state that "pls send as gift,i dont wan to get fee'd" ,i am not sure what Gift means.
BAD IDEA: if you send someone funds 'as a gift' then you have no recourse with paypal should the receiver not send their side of the transaction. after all, it was a 'gift'....=/

not to mention the moral aspect with the seller lying in order to save themselves some $ =/

'mom

BAD IDEA: if you send someone funds 'as a gift' then you have no recourse with paypal should the receiver not send their side of the transaction. after all, it was a 'gift'....=/

not to mention the moral aspect with the seller lying in order to save themselves some $ =/

'mom

I agree. If someone uses this scam to dodge the fees it makes you wonder if they have morals. If they ask you to do this run from the trade.

I wasn't going to post here becuase I am still upset for you having me win 12 items and selling to someone else. I appreciate it if you DON'T take my words out of context.

'mom

See I agree, however if it is trusted person and they are upfront about you getting fee'd instead of them then really I don't see the issue if the transaction is completed honestly.

I agree. If someone uses this scam to dodge the fees it makes you wonder if they have morals. If they ask you to do this run from the trade.

I seriously want to know what I did to you to make you so mad at me? I mean you saying that I am scamming people and I have no morals, or atleast that's how I take you and PokeMom's post.

First off, when I sell on the gym, I have to be verified, so if I was ripping people off, I wouldn't be able to do this anymore. Second, I think everyone knows how honest I am, and the fact that it would be STUPID of me to do that. Third, I let the person know that they are going to get fee'd instead of me, most people are okay with it because they want the items. You can't do gift on Ebay, so it is only when I sell off Ebay and everyone knows me so I think I am okay.

I will say this, I don't like being brought into something by someone who ripped me off, and then have not one, but two mods who personally know me, and who know I wouldn't do stuff like that, pretty much throw me under the bus. I mean, I don't remember doing that to EITHER of you yet you just did it to me, intentionally or unintentionally, and frankly, I don't appreciate it. :nonono:

Drew

I wasn't going to post here becuase I am still upset for you having me win 12 items and selling to someone else. I appreciate it if you DON'T take my words out of context.

See I agree, however if it is trusted person and they are upfront about you getting fee'd instead of them then really I don't see the issue if the transaction is completed honestly.

I seriously want to know what I did to you to make you so mad at me? I mean you saying that I am scamming people and I have no morals, or atleast that's how I take you and PokeMom's post.

First off, when I sell on the gym, I have to be verified, so if I was ripping people off, I wouldn't be able to do this anymore. Second, I think everyone knows how honest I am, and the fact that it would be STUPID of me to do that. Third, I let the person know that they are going to get fee'd instead of me, most people are okay with it because they want the items. You can't do gift on Ebay, so it is only when I sell off Ebay and everyone knows me so I think I am okay.

I will say this, I don't like being brought into something by someone who ripped me off, and then have not one, but two mods who personally know me, and who know I wouldn't do stuff like that, pretty much throw me under the bus. I mean, I don't remember doing that to EITHER of you yet you just did it to me, intentionally or unintentionally, and frankly, I don't appreciate it. :nonono:

Drew

Don't put words in my mouth. Read the post again. Did i mention yours or anyone else's name? NO Doesn't look like mom mentioned your name either.

Don't put words in my mouth. Read the post again. Did i mention yours or anyone else's name? NO Doesn't look like mom mentioned your name either.

It felt to me implied, but that's just me, becuase my name was in the original post. If you didn't feel that way, all you have to do is say that, but to me that's how it read, but if you are saying that is truely not the case, I believe you and no worries. :biggrin:

Drew

Back