Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

People who would kiss up to someone for personal gain

Shellshock929

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Seriously, this is one big problem. I hate it when people kiss up to someone just to get information that they need only to ditch them and be ahead of someone. I don't understand why we have these types of people, but I personally think it's because there would always be people who want to be better than everyone else. It doesn't have to be about Pokemon. It's basically in general.

Discuss...

Seriously, this is one big problem. I hate it when people kiss up to someone just to get information that they need only to ditch them and be ahead of someone. I don't understand why we have these types of people, but I personally think it's because there would always be people who want to be better than everyone else. It doesn't have to be about Pokemon. It's basically in general.

Discuss...

People are driven by a motive to succeed. If they don't have what it takes, they'll butter up whoever has power over them.

The way I see it, if your boss gives a promotion to a less qualified but more kiss-upping employee, just assume that your boss sucks. If he was truly wise and worthy of his title, he could feel himself being buttered up. But he can't, so he's obviously easily duped and has a weak character as a result.

Basically, if you don't have the stones to earn a promotion of your own merits, it's time to hand in your Man Card.

tl;dr
I try to get on my advisor's good side otherwise he'll give me horrible grades in his classes I'll take

I don't really think that qualifies as kissing-up.

I mean, being nice to someone just shows that you care what they think of you. It of course follows that being nice to your boss (or anyone else with greater power than you) is preferable. If you go overboard with your niceness, THEN you're kissing-up..

and there are the people you help out then back stab you.
Plus they are complete jerks. Some people need to grow up.

I see it in pokemon all the time people kissing up to "good players" just for lists/advice.
Isn't gonna happen from me I don't have the time or patience.

happens everywhere you go.

thats how PTCO continues to exist after they threw Michaels butt in jail.

I hate/dislike those people. They're sorta like Teacher's Pet. My friend does that to earn the Top Male award. It's likely that's going to happen though because he disrupts me a lot in class.

Another helpful little nugget:

If you are more qualified for a promotion than someone else, that person gets the promotion, and the guy who made the decision is stubborn in his decision, it was not created for you. It is not your time to shine.

Back