Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Play! Point display problem

Pete De Shaw

Master Trainer
Hi everyone,

We launched a new cloud based server configuration last week that in the long run will be a big help. There were some problems as there will always be in a large project like that. The main problem is that the program that queues tasks occasionally got overwhelmed and this caused some tournament uploads to get stuck and periodically prevented logging into the website.

In order to take some strain of the system while they fixed the root problem, the web team turned off some non-critical tasks like Play! Point and Premier Ratings calculations. The root problem is mostly resolved and they should be able to turn those functions back on later this week.

Ah, good, and here I was panicking that none of my events were showing up.

Thanks for the communication.

I am incredibly impressed as to how quickly you have been responding to posts in the other thread. Thank you SO SO much for your communication. It means SO much to me as a player.

Edit: I did have a question about championship points, but they JUST got updated within the last few hours, so never mind. My post is just a "thanks" to you for your communication, now.

Guy

The CP calculator hasn't run since 9/11. I'm guessing when he said "rankings" he was referring to CP and ELO.

Edit Ninja'd I was.

It does look like the Championship and Play! point calculations were run this afternoon. If you expand the Trading Card Game Stats section of the My Stats box it tells you when the calculator was last run.

Right now some people have more points than they should because I forgot to place the best finish limit on BRs. That should correct itself when the calculator runs again tomorrow. Please give things until Wednesday to settle down just in case before you start reporting extra or missing points.

We changed things so that Premier Ratings only run once a week. They are not nearly as important as they used to be and they are a much bigger task to calculate than either points system.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter to me personally, but all players who participated in the World Championship were supposed to get 20 PP (which will gain them entrance to this year's National Championship even if they attend no other events this season). The World Championship players got their CP credited, but not their PP yet.

2011-2012 Masters-Co-Player-of-the-Year-in-Limbo

It doesn't matter to me personally, but all players who participated in the World Championship were supposed to get 20 PP (which will gain them entrance to this year's National Championship even if they attend no other events this season). The World Championship players got their CP credited, but not their PP yet.

2011-2012 Masters-Co-Player-of-the-Year-in-Limbo

We got 1 Play Point.

It's not working again after the tournaments this weekend. What is going on and when do you think that I will get my Championship Points?

Back