Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur

I don't know if this belongs in this forum but I'll ask anyway. Ok so I was doing this trade with PojoThundachu. He posts on this board sometimes and he's also known as MTR. The trade has some cards in it that I need desperately by Feb 7 for the CC. We agreed to send at the same time and well he said he sent the cards for his part of the trade on Monday. Today's saturday. After IMing him asking if he really sent the cards he said yes he sent them. But then he said his post office is known for losing things. So after hearing this I got mad. I said "Why did you even want to do a trade knowing that the cards would most likely get lost?!" He said that was the only post office near him, and his mailbox was bashed up by pranksters so he couldnt use regular mail. So this doesnt seem like hes telling the truth. A post office wouldnt usually lose stuff. Once in a blue moon maybe but not usually. PLUS, why would he send cards through a post office knowing it would get lost, his story doesnt add up, to me. I might have to contact my lawyer. So does anyone have suggestions of what I should do? Thx

Last edited:
my suggestion would be to contact the post office and see if the story holds up.............

ask them about his accusations and ask about the likelihood of receiving the package

after that, post the reply of the post office

and u're right, that doesn't sound too accurate

hmmmmm check the postal records jermy there should be some i wouldnt think MTR would do that so just ask around

Hmm. I thought jermy was my friend but normally friends trust people. Regardless, I sent the cards he requested. And that is a lie that post offices only lose things "once in a blue moon". They lose things EVERY FREAKING DAY. =\. I sent my part. But since I am not trusted at all it seems, Ill be sending his part back.

-PojoThundachu
Pojo Pokemon COTD Reviewer

Just to let you know, I've had 4 packages with pokemon cards lost in the mail. One that was sent to me, which I received 4 months later, and 3 that I sent, one of which as of yet the recipient has not gotten. Fortunately he believes me that I sent it. Patience is certainly a virtue. Getting upset over cards will certainly get you no where. It happens more often than you think. One of the packages I sent across Canada took longer than a package I sent to Australia. Is it important enough to lose a friend over?

Yah Jermy you have to be patient with stuff like this. Mail is also slow right now depending on location. In the midwest where you or thundachu may be located we got A LOT of snow last week this slows mail down obv. I sent cards to soslowpoke about three weeks ago and he just recieved them last monday, some things just take longer than others to arrive, if they dont come by the 6th thats when i would start to worry.

TheAnswer3 said:
Yah Jermy you have to be patient with stuff like this. Mail is also slow right now depending on location. In the midwest where you or thundachu may be located we got A LOT of snow last week this slows mail down obv. I sent cards to soslowpoke about three weeks ago and he just recieved them last monday, some things just take longer than others to arrive, if they dont come by the 6th thats when i would start to worry.

seems there are somr rip offs on here one of them to watch out for is the fubumizer we were supposed to ship same day cards never came he got my aggron ex but anyways just a heads up dont trade with him

Yeah.. I've been waiting like a couple months for something from blurby.. hopefully coming soon.. good thing I didn't send yet. If I don't get them by the end of the week, I might put the stuff I was trading back in my binder..

Ask Bjj762 how long it took for a package from me to arrive. Honestly, sometimes it does take the post office longer to process packages. Letters are usually passed at a fairly quick rate from one to another, but sometimes packages are a little more tricky. Plus, if the sender may not have had decent penmanship it may take much longer (I'm not suggesting that was the case, just throwing out possibilities here). Sometimes a package is damaged in transit due to postal machinery. Usually in those situations postal workers spend a bit more time making sure they have all the assorted parts , repack it and track it. It may take longer just because it slipped off the conveyor belt and no one noticed it for a while. No one piece of mail can be guaranteed to get to a destination unless you sent it by courier. Then again, you'll pay considerably more. You seem overly upset in my opinion. Try to look at it from the other person's point of view. If you had sent your cards and it was taking longer than normal, wouldn't you want to be given the benefit of the doubt? Try to understand, sure it's unfortunate, but certainly not worth all this fuss. Consider this as a bump on the road on your way to adulthood. The wise and mature person would be patient.

well i have been waiting for 6 trades to come in and have been waiting more then a week. They are sending first so they arent lieing it takes a while tho which annoys me

I was once a mod for the original Pokecenter, Pokegym,Wizards Pokegym,and I seen alot of trades and some bad trades.Your best bet would be to wait an extra week, if nothing shows up, then email administrators, or just go to
GAB which is Good traders against bad traders they will help you. I have belonged to GAB since I first started on the pokecenter,which is no longer:(

and what mod were you on wizards pokegym? =/

And having been quite experienced all over the net in trading with over 90 refs,
give him some more time, the recent weather has slowed down the mail.

As moongem said, GAB can help. Don't bother emailing the administrators here, they honestly probably don't care nor are responsible for anything that goes on outside the board. (Setting up trades on here doesn't mean the actual trade went on on here.) And really at most, all they will really do is investigate and at worst post him as a bad trader.
www.gabtraders.com to check out their services and program

and as for priorty with mail confirmation, confirmation still doesnt mean the postal service wont lose it, or the "bad trader" didnt send it. There are just so many loop holes with online trading that a lot of the time that it is so easy for one to rip off the other. Choose who you deal with wisely and if your deal is too good to be true, then it probably is. =/

on a side note, MTR and FubuMizer are pretty well known in the community and they wouldn't stoop that low to jip people on pokeymanz cards, i mean, common =/

Marketplace,RTC, and Create a Card with Nick15 oh, and Electronic games. I know the mods and Administrators here, and they do care, just like I care. I am Commander MoonGem of the Moonstone Team on GAB:) Look me up. I hope everything goes okay for you, I really do.

MoonGem

Hey, what if Pojo's telling the truth? He's gotta feeling lonely with nobody trusting or even on his side. Let's think about this...

Ow.. I got a Fossil Muk in bad condition once and thought I kinda got ripped..

Hopefully when I *finally* get soslowpoke's cards they won't be like that..

Same for blurby's..

(won't mention name)'s Muk, ssp's everything, and blurby's everything.. 3 not-so-great experiences..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back