Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PM worm alert????

Lawman

My PM box is filling up with a message from "not you fat jesus". All say the same thing basically...."open me please, urgent". I am deleting mine w/o opening any. Just a warning to all.

Maybe the Admins can look into this?

Keith

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

It appears the message arrives once a minute. Anyone else having this problem?

Keith

Last edited:
I've never even heard of something like this happing on the gym.

Just in case it's on your end.

Go to your internet browser>Internet Option > Delete internet Histroy. Which will remove all temp files, and clear your cache.

After doing this, go ahead and scan your computer for viruses and spyware, just to be safe.

Dunno about that. My regular email is just fine. All other app's seem to run fine. Why would it target my 'Gym PM box? Seems strange. I deleted them all w/o opening any and after about 10 minutes or so, they seem to have stopped.

Keith

Sorry 'Pop. Wasnt thinking on that end. Just wanted to get the warning out. The "member" that sent them joined the 'gym on 4-21-10. No posts, no threads. If I get anymore, I will LYK and not delete that one. No more rec'd after 10 in a row, every minute for 10 minutes.

Keith

I've never even heard of something like this happing on the gym.

Just in case it's on your end.

Go to your internet browser>Internet Option > Delete internet Histroy. Which will remove all temp files, and clear your cache.

After doing this, go ahead and scan your computer for viruses and spyware, just to be safe.

Internet explorer for the loss.
I would strongly recommend Firefox for an internet browser with NoScript as an add-on (it prevents websites from running scripts without you knowing).
You might also want to run AdBlock plus (another add-on for firefox) since a number of viruses are inserted through banner adds on websites now (I unblock pokegym since the adds are always safe here).

Also, Avast antivirus (free) along with Spybot Search and Destroy (also free) make for great protection against malware and spyware.

As for cleaning your temp files, did you know that Internet Explorer has a file that keeps track of everywhere you go online, clearing your information in the way you suggested won't get rid of it, and the file is invisible unless you know exactly where to look? The file just keeps getting bigger every day you use your computer too, so it will eventually cause your computer to slow down.
There's a program called CCleaner (free) that is great for actually clearing everything (including the contents of that file).

I'm not posting direct links to the sites because I'm not entirely sure if the Pokegym staff would approve, but I did want to get the information out there.

I know I went a little overboard with that (possibly even off-topic) but I wanted to share some basic things for people to protect themselves on their computers.
[/nerd]

Back