Po-Po-Pocchamas BR Reports (2/3)

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by Dual_Draw, Sep 26, 2009.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

So I played Flygon/Champ/Queen. List is at the bottom.

Round 1: DPG
    I start and am very happy with my hand (T1 Claydol, Candy and Bebe), however, I go first and just Sand Tomb. He goes and uses Deafen and passes. I go bench Machop, attach to it and sand tomb. He goes using an SP Radar for a Palkia G and uses Second Strike FTKO. This is perfect, now I can go with Upper and just spam w/e. However, I just push up Machop, Rare Candy Machamp, bench a Trapinch, attach to it and Take Out. He Gs up another Dialga G, attaches and passes. I draw and realize I can get a Flygon out, so I do that, attach to it (Psychic and Call) and pass. He levels up and hits me with Deafen then passes. I attach again and pass, he slowly kills off my Machamp with 1 energy, but doesn't really get anything else. Then I just have an insane turn and get a Queen and a 2nd Flygon out along with another Claydol and Flygon X, I Extreme Attack. At this point he misplays, he pushes up Bat, and Warps me, I have two dols and figure I can sack one (As they have Free Retreat), and he wouldn't Level Up to Palkia because he'd get OHKO'd, surely enough he levels up, so I have to Lost Zone my Claydol. THe he just passes, I get out a Champ and Extreme Attack, at this point he has nothing and I take my last couple of prizes for the game.
    WIN
    (My opponent ends up 1-3)

Round 2: Obama/Ampharos/Manectric
    I basically don't get anything all game and he gets T2 stuff.
    LOSS
    (My opponent top cuts)

Round 3: Mirror (Minus Mem. Berry)
    I know I have to swarm Flygons quick, but not attack with them. She gets a quick Flygon, which is responded with a Machamp, I take out for 40 and she responds with Sand Wall, I go through about 10 cards trying to pull the Champ X FTKO, but of course, I whiff, attach to my bench Flygon and Take Out, she just power swings me and passes. I go again and take out FTKO, she really doesn't have much on her field and I just gain board control, after her Ditto and Flygons left the field, I just went aggro Wind Erosion, the only thing she got after that was a Machamp which I promptly Energy Cycloned.

WIN
    (My opponent goes 0-4...)

Round 4: Gallade/Ape
    I play down for the second time today, I know I'm not going to make it. I go aggro Champ, which was a misplay, as he is about to take 3/4 prizes with a Gallade 4 drop, but I have an amazing Cynthias and get out a Queen and a Flygon and I just take prizes easily.
    WIN
    (My opponent goes 1-3)

So I finish 10th, last of the 3-1s, because of my awful resistance. I'm very happy with the build and my performance in my first master tournament.

Props
    -3/1
    -Flygon
    -No Uxie
    -Machamp
    -Nidoqueen
    -Main going 2/2 with Charizard G, that he built 8 hours before the tournament.
    -Leon for getting second in his first tournament
    -Bidier for winning

Slops
    -Bad resistance
    -Bad Draws
    -Kevin for being donked in T2

List!!!!!
    25 Pokemon
    3 Trapinch SW
    2 Vibrava RR
    3 Flygon SW
    1 Flygon Lv.X
    2 Machop SF (Less Retreat)
    1 Machoke SF
    2 Machamp SF
    1 Machamp Lv.X
    1 Nidoran (F) RR
    1 Nidoqueen RR
    2 Baltoy GE
    2 Claydol GE
    1 Chatot MD
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Unown G
    1 Ditto LA (Put it 5 seconds before the tournament)

21 Trainers
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Bebe's Search
    3 Roseanne's Research
    2 Memory Berry
    1 Cynthias Feelings
    1 Team Galactics Wager (Couldn't find another cynthias, and I like the card agaisnt SP)
    1 Night Maintenance
    1 VS Seeker
    1 Broken Time Space
    1 Palmer's Contribution (Amazing in this deck)
    1 Lucian's Assingment
    1 Premier Ball (Uneeded)
    1 Luxury Ball
    1 Warp

13 Energy
    4 Call
    4 Fighting
    3 Upper (Can probably drop one for another fighting)
    2 Psychic

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  2. blitz101

blitz101 Member

I MAKE PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!

Lol it was a great day and Charizard G will live forever :)

What the heck I'll make a report XD. Oh and GJ COR on first official Masters tourney!

3. Bidier

Bidier New Member

too bad you couldnt make it, great job tho. thanks for putting me in the props ;) unlike some people.

4. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

Updated w/List, br2 going sunday.

5. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

resistance ftl, but gj on teh 3-1!

6. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

kk day 2.

I get there and find out I can't finish flygon, so I borrow Leon's Blazeray. However, since I know Blaze is essentially garbage, I play LuxChomp instead, the list is incredibly rushed, and I'm thinking im going 0-5.

Round 1: Flygon/Blaziken
    I rush rush rush and take a 6-2 lead, then I realize that my Bronzong G was overlapping my Lucario, so I have 6 bench, knowing the impeding game loss, I concede and call steve over to double check before scooping.
    (0-1)

Round 2: Stuff
    I just rush through again, I feel bad that he doesn't get a single prize so I KO my bat w/Flash Impacts.
    (1-1)

Round 3: Gallade Spread
    He seemed to always have the Spray ready for my 4 total Healing Breaths, and I don't see a Cyrus all game.
    (1-2)

Round 4: Blaziken
    I bench him about T6.

Round 5: vs Gyarados.
    This game was really fun, if I had gone first, I could have donked through Roserade GL and a Bat drop to his lone Karp, but he goes first and benches Uxie, and I'm all like awwwwww. Anyway, because the KO the Karp, I keep a very steady lead and am able to win the game 6-5.

Thank to all my opponents for the great games.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  7. corrupti0n

corrupti0n New Member

YOu didnt concede. You got a match loss for your epic 6 bench pokemon :p

8. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

Nah I conceded before calling steve to make sure.

9. blitz101

blitz101 Member

Best moment in Pokemon history.
    Shame on you trying to beat that kid with cheats :p

10. Bidier

Bidier New Member

funny funny :D

** did anyone notice that we dont have signatures anymore under our post :( **

11. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

Here it is, last report.

I played Gyarados, Main and I had made a really good list built up, not only would it be good v the meta, it would also be able to have the edge in the mirrors, with Purugly and Ditto tech'd in, we also had a very special tech for Mimes, Wreack Havoc.

Round 1: Gyarados
    He went first, giving him a huge edge, and used Impersonate I believe. I went, did the same, then found out that Ditto, Azelf AND Purugly we're prized, I let him take a couple of prizes, then take a couple of my own, and am really happy as I do draw the ditto. He KOs my gyarados, I drop ditto, retreat crobat, attach plus Power and KO. He looks at ditto and is like (...). It then gos KO for KO until it's 1/1, I have the warp in my hand, but he uses cynthias for 8 and hits the Rescue for game, gg.
    (0-1)

Round 2: GG/Giratina
    My start is actually the worst I have ever seen, but luckily I top deck a Felicity's and use it to get somewhat started. I then top deck a Gyarados, and when he comes 10 short of KOing me with PL Voir, I just go off and completely set up. He tries to stall with a Giratina, so i'm like sure, I go Wreack Havoc, hitting 7 heads:lol:. I do it again and miss the flip, so then I double Bat, KO Giratina, then double Plus Power Wreack Havoc his last Pokemon (Ralts). GG.
    (1-1)

Round 3: Gengar/Honchkrow
    Apparently this deck was made to counter gyarados, because of honchkrow.
    Anyway, I be donking his lone gastly. GG.
    (2-1)

Round 4: Blazeray
    He
    Plays
    Purugly.
    But it ended up hurting him, he discarded 2 of my 3 Bats.
    At the end of the game, I have 3 Rescue in hand.
    I grab a Bat, and hit a Luxray X with 10 on it, now at 20, he doesn't spray, I show him the last to rescues for the game.
    (3-1)

Round 5: Leon
    Joy, he started with Purugly, and ruined me, I panicked when he hit my azelf, rescue and magikarp, with a karp prized, I misplay basically every turn, but still manage to make it go to 1-1.

12. corrupti0n

corrupti0n New Member

lol well played dude, you should have top cutted this BR, too bad we didnt know ahead of time or else we coulda had you in there!

13. ATJdragon

ATJdragon New Member

its always possible to top. i dont understand why ud misplay so many times @[email protected]