Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Po-Po-Pocchamas BR Reports (2/3)

Dual_Draw

So I played Flygon/Champ/Queen. List is at the bottom.

Round 1: DPG
I start and am very happy with my hand (T1 Claydol, Candy and Bebe), however, I go first and just Sand Tomb. He goes and uses Deafen and passes. I go bench Machop, attach to it and sand tomb. He goes using an SP Radar for a Palkia G and uses Second Strike FTKO. This is perfect, now I can go with Upper and just spam w/e. However, I just push up Machop, Rare Candy Machamp, bench a Trapinch, attach to it and Take Out. He Gs up another Dialga G, attaches and passes. I draw and realize I can get a Flygon out, so I do that, attach to it (Psychic and Call) and pass. He levels up and hits me with Deafen then passes. I attach again and pass, he slowly kills off my Machamp with 1 energy, but doesn't really get anything else. Then I just have an insane turn and get a Queen and a 2nd Flygon out along with another Claydol and Flygon X, I Extreme Attack. At this point he misplays, he pushes up Bat, and Warps me, I have two dols and figure I can sack one (As they have Free Retreat), and he wouldn't Level Up to Palkia because he'd get OHKO'd, surely enough he levels up, so I have to Lost Zone my Claydol. THe he just passes, I get out a Champ and Extreme Attack, at this point he has nothing and I take my last couple of prizes for the game.
WIN
(My opponent ends up 1-3)

Round 2: Obama/Ampharos/Manectric
I basically don't get anything all game and he gets T2 stuff.
LOSS
(My opponent top cuts)

Round 3: Mirror (Minus Mem. Berry)
I know I have to swarm Flygons quick, but not attack with them. She gets a quick Flygon, which is responded with a Machamp, I take out for 40 and she responds with Sand Wall, I go through about 10 cards trying to pull the Champ X FTKO, but of course, I whiff, attach to my bench Flygon and Take Out, she just power swings me and passes. I go again and take out FTKO, she really doesn't have much on her field and I just gain board control, after her Ditto and Flygons left the field, I just went aggro Wind Erosion, the only thing she got after that was a Machamp which I promptly Energy Cycloned.

WIN
(My opponent goes 0-4...)

Round 4: Gallade/Ape
I play down for the second time today, I know I'm not going to make it. I go aggro Champ, which was a misplay, as he is about to take 3/4 prizes with a Gallade 4 drop, but I have an amazing Cynthias and get out a Queen and a Flygon and I just take prizes easily.
WIN
(My opponent goes 1-3)

So I finish 10th, last of the 3-1s, because of my awful resistance. I'm very happy with the build and my performance in my first master tournament.

Props
-3/1
-Flygon
-No Uxie
-Machamp
-Nidoqueen
-Main going 2/2 with Charizard G, that he built 8 hours before the tournament.
-Leon for getting second in his first tournament
-Bidier for winning

Slops
-Bad resistance
-Bad Draws
-Kevin for being donked in T2

List!!!!!
25 Pokemon
3 Trapinch SW
2 Vibrava RR
3 Flygon SW
1 Flygon Lv.X
2 Machop SF (Less Retreat)
1 Machoke SF
2 Machamp SF
1 Machamp Lv.X
1 Nidoran (F) RR
1 Nidoqueen RR
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Chatot MD
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown G
1 Ditto LA (Put it 5 seconds before the tournament)

21 Trainers
4 Rare Candy
3 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Memory Berry
1 Cynthias Feelings
1 Team Galactics Wager (Couldn't find another cynthias, and I like the card agaisnt SP)
1 Night Maintenance
1 VS Seeker
1 Broken Time Space
1 Palmer's Contribution (Amazing in this deck)
1 Lucian's Assingment
1 Premier Ball (Uneeded)
1 Luxury Ball
1 Warp

13 Energy
4 Call
4 Fighting
3 Upper (Can probably drop one for another fighting)
2 Psychic

Last edited:
I MAKE PROOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!

Lol it was a great day and Charizard G will live forever :)

What the heck I'll make a report XD. Oh and GJ COR on first official Masters tourney!

too bad you couldnt make it, great job tho. thanks for putting me in the props ;) unlike some people.

kk day 2.

I get there and find out I can't finish flygon, so I borrow Leon's Blazeray. However, since I know Blaze is essentially garbage, I play LuxChomp instead, the list is incredibly rushed, and I'm thinking im going 0-5.

Round 1: Flygon/Blaziken
I rush rush rush and take a 6-2 lead, then I realize that my Bronzong G was overlapping my Lucario, so I have 6 bench, knowing the impeding game loss, I concede and call steve over to double check before scooping.
(0-1)

Round 2: Stuff
I just rush through again, I feel bad that he doesn't get a single prize so I KO my bat w/Flash Impacts.
(1-1)

Round 3: Gallade Spread
He seemed to always have the Spray ready for my 4 total Healing Breaths, and I don't see a Cyrus all game.
(1-2)

Round 4: Blaziken
I bench him about T6.

Round 5: vs Gyarados.
This game was really fun, if I had gone first, I could have donked through Roserade GL and a Bat drop to his lone Karp, but he goes first and benches Uxie, and I'm all like awwwwww. Anyway, because the KO the Karp, I keep a very steady lead and am able to win the game 6-5.

Thank to all my opponents for the great games.

Last edited:
Here it is, last report.

I played Gyarados, Main and I had made a really good list built up, not only would it be good v the meta, it would also be able to have the edge in the mirrors, with Purugly and Ditto tech'd in, we also had a very special tech for Mimes, Wreack Havoc.

Round 1: Gyarados
He went first, giving him a huge edge, and used Impersonate I believe. I went, did the same, then found out that Ditto, Azelf AND Purugly we're prized, I let him take a couple of prizes, then take a couple of my own, and am really happy as I do draw the ditto. He KOs my gyarados, I drop ditto, retreat crobat, attach plus Power and KO. He looks at ditto and is like (...). It then gos KO for KO until it's 1/1, I have the warp in my hand, but he uses cynthias for 8 and hits the Rescue for game, gg.
(0-1)

Round 2: GG/Giratina
My start is actually the worst I have ever seen, but luckily I top deck a Felicity's and use it to get somewhat started. I then top deck a Gyarados, and when he comes 10 short of KOing me with PL Voir, I just go off and completely set up. He tries to stall with a Giratina, so i'm like sure, I go Wreack Havoc, hitting 7 heads:lol:. I do it again and miss the flip, so then I double Bat, KO Giratina, then double Plus Power Wreack Havoc his last Pokemon (Ralts). GG.
(1-1)

Round 3: Gengar/Honchkrow
Apparently this deck was made to counter gyarados, because of honchkrow.
Anyway, I be donking his lone gastly. GG.
(2-1)

Round 4: Blazeray
He
Plays
Purugly.
But it ended up hurting him, he discarded 2 of my 3 Bats.
At the end of the game, I have 3 Rescue in hand.
I grab a Bat, and hit a Luxray X with 10 on it, now at 20, he doesn't spray, I show him the last to rescues for the game.
(3-1)

Round 5: Leon
Joy, he started with Purugly, and ruined me, I panicked when he hit my azelf, rescue and magikarp, with a karp prized, I misplay basically every turn, but still manage to make it go to 1-1.

lol well played dude, you should have top cutted this BR, too bad we didnt know ahead of time or else we coulda had you in there!

Back