Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokéGym's New Pokemon TCG Price Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
PokéGym is expanding it's content once again and this time we're trying to fill a need that, in our opinion, hasn't been met ever before! There are lots of price guides out there, but they tend to focus on the Retail price of cards as reported by retailers. This leads to only the high end of the pricing market being represented. Most of the Gym members are smart shoppers and know where to get cards for significantly less than the prices retail shops in the mall would change; whether it be from online retailers that with competitive prices, online auction sites, or directly from other members. Therefore, we've decided to present a range of prices for each card, to reflect the different prices one would expect to pay or receive in different enviornments. From a low price you might get when buying or selling in bulk, to a medium price that you would expect to pay online or to a fellow collector/player, on up to the retail price that you would have to pay in a brick and mortar store. And, we've also added in a Trade Value to help make trading easier.

Another issue that we've had with available guides is incomplete or incorrect information about cards. Such as cards being listed that don't exist. Or hot cards priced incorrectly. Or important cards not being listed at all. Right now, we know we don't have a complete list of the specialty collectibles, but I think you'll find a lot of cards listed that you won't normally find. And as we move forward, we'll fill in the holes. Then, we'll start gathering data for a Japanese section.

And that brings us to what is going to make this Pokemon Price Guide the most accurate and usable guide of any out there: And that's you, our members! This is going to be an interactive Guide, with a dedicated forum on the Gym. If you think we're off on a price, or there has been a recent development (such as recently happened with Creator Packs), we want to know and we'll update our info and pricing based on that info. You'll be able to present evidence of sales transactions, trade transactions, and rarity info. Based on the feedback we receive, the Guide will be updated.

Just like every other part of the PokeGym, it will be you that will truly make this a resource for the whole community.

Special thanks to BJJ763, RainbowRichards, Spookees, and TheDarkTwins for entering the incredible mass of data that the Guide encompasses. Oh, and 'snore and I helped, too. :redface:

So, click the link to the Guide, check it out, and tell us what you think!

Trivia 2009 Pokemon Q3 At the 2009 Pokemon World Championships what new video game release was announced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! This is starting to look like the Pojo price guides, but good work to those who suggested it.

Just so you know, in the topic title, you accidently misspelled Guide as Gude... Im just letting you know, so the forum doesnt look tacky =X

I just used it for the first time and it was very helpful. Thanks for all those who contributed!

PokePop said:
Anyone sell one of those?
Yamato sold his no. 1 last year... for a believed amount of 2,500 USD.

Last edited:
Prices on that are spiked up too high since they're brand new.
You'd have to pay "first on your block" prices for those cards now. They'll settle down in a month or so.

rokman said:
Yamato sold his no. 1 last year... for a believed amount of 2,500 USD.

WHAT ????:eek: :confused: :eek: :nonono: Sold for just 2500 USD......Jeremy sold his for 7500 USD !!! When did Yamato sold his one ? I didn't see it on ebay !!!:confused: :eek:
OHH, another thing, you should put the Japanese Trophy Prize cards in the Price guide !!:thumb:
Geri

Yep it was the No 1. Trainer from Worlds 04. I dont think it was sold on ebay, it was prolly either a private sale or on yahoo japan auctions, not sure.

Venusaur said:
Yep it was the No 1. Trainer from Worlds 04. I dont think it was sold on ebay, it was prolly either a private sale or on yahoo japan auctions, not sure.

UFFFFF again !! I thought that I missed that auction !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back