Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2 and Pokémon Dream Radar Launch Oct.

immewnity

Front Page News Editor
Staff member
The character limit kinda helps here, because...

American press release said:
POKÉMON BLACK VERSION 2, POKÉMON WHITE VERSION 2 AND POKÉMON DREAM RADAR LAUNCH OCT. 7

A Massive Pokémon Adventure Continues on Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS

REDMOND, Wash., June 28, 2012 – Dive into the world of Pokémon like never before when two new Nintendo DS Pokémon games and a downloadable Nintendo 3DS title arrive this October. The successors to the acclaimed Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 are set to launch for the Nintendo DS family of systems (playable on Nintendo 3DS in 2D mode) on Sunday, Oct. 7. Pokémon Dream Radar will also be available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on the same day. This downloadable Nintendo 3DS title allows Nintendo 3DS owners to catch their favorite Pokémon, including some very rare ones, via the Nintendo 3DS camera, motion control and augmented-reality technology, and transfer them into Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2.

"Fans will want to count the days until Oct. 7, when they'll not only get to play the successor to one of the biggest Pokémon adventures ever, but also expand their Pokémon experience to the Nintendo 3DS with Pokémon Dream Radar," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "No matter whether people are playing on Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS, they'll be getting an incredible Pokémon experience that expands upon the beloved Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games."

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 bring players back to the Unova region two years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. There are many new areas to discover in the region, and exciting changes to previously visited places for players to explore. One new area is Virbank City, where players will be able to visit Pokéstar Studios and star in their own movie with their favorite Pokémon. The movie a player creates premieres at the in-game theater, where the audience gives it a rating. Movies are rated based on script choices and battle move sequence, and players can even create sequels to existing movies. There are many movie genres to choose from, including romantic comedy and horror.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will also give fans of the original games a chance to catch up with some familiar friends. In this game, Cheren and Bianca return two years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, and a lot has changed. Bianca is now the assistant to Professor Juniper, helping her with Pokémon research. Cheren is now a Gym Leader and a teacher at a school in Aspertia City – the starting location for this adventure.

In Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, players will also be able to catch some of the Pokémon from outside the Unova region, such as Eevee, Riolu, Tyranitar, Arcanine and Mareep, right from the start of the game. If they are playing on Nintendo 3DS, players can transfer Pokémon they have caught with Pokémon Dream Radar into their Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games (visible in 2D only). Pokémon Dream Radar lets players use several different features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the Nintendo 3DS camera, motion control and augmented-reality technology, to discover and catch Pokémon. The game includes hard-to-find Pokémon such as the new Therian Formes of Legendary Pokémon Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus.

Additionally, players can learn all about their favorite Pokémon by purchasing Pokédex 3D Pro from the Nintendo eShop. This enhanced and upgraded version of the original Pokédex 3D includes detailed information about every known Pokémon featured in the history of the Pokémon video game series.

For more information about Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokédex 3D Pro, visit http://www.pokemon.com/BlackWhite2.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd,. of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 630 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

About Pokémon: The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.

European press release said:
POKÉMON BLACK VERSION 2, POKÉMON WHITE VERSION 2 AND POKÉMON DREAM RADAR LAUNCHING OCTOBER 12th 2012

A Massive Pokémon Adventure Continues on Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS

28th June, 2012 – Dive into the world of Pokémon like never before when two new Nintendo DS Pokémon games and a downloadable Nintendo 3DS title arrive this October. The successors to the acclaimed Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games, Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, are set to launch for the Nintendo DS family of systems (playable on Nintendo 3DS in 2D mode) on Friday 12th October 2012. Pokémon Dream Radar will also be available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS on the same day. This downloadable Nintendo 3DS title allows Nintendo 3DS owners to catch their favourite Pokémon, including some very rare ones, via the Nintendo 3DS cameras, using motion control and augmented-reality technology and transfer them into Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 bring players back to the Unova Region two years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. There are many new areas to discover, and changes to familiar places for you to explore. One new area is Virbank City, home to Pokéstar Studios. Players will be able to visit Pokéstar Studios and star in their own movie with their favourite Pokémon. The movie a player creates premieres at the in-game theatre, where the audience gives it a rating. Movies are rated based on script choices and battle move sequences, and players can even create sequels to existing movies. There are many movie genres to choose from, including romantic comedy and horror.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will also give fans of the original games a chance to catch up with some familiar friends. In this game, Cheren and Bianca return two years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, and a lot has changed. Bianca is now the assistant to Professor Juniper, helping her with Pokémon research and Cheren is now a Gym Leader and a teacher at a school in Aspertia City – the starting location for this adventure.

In Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, players will also be able to catch some of the Pokémon from outside the Unova region − such as Eevee, Riolu, Tyranitar, Arcanine and Mareep− right from the start of the game. If they are playing on Nintendo 3DS, players can also transfer Pokémon they have caught with the Pokémon Dream Radar into their Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 games (visible in 2D only). Pokémon Dream Radar lets players use several different features of the Nintendo 3DS system, including the Nintendo 3DS camera, motion control and augmented-reality technology, to discover and catch Pokémon. The game includes hard-to-find Pokémon such as the new Therian Formes of Legendary Pokémon Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Also launching this Autumn for purchase from the Nintendo eShop, players can learn all about their favourite Pokémon with Pokédex 3D Pro for Nintendo 3DS. This enhanced and upgraded version of the original Pokédex 3D includes detailed information about every known Pokémon featured in the history of the Pokémon video game series.

For more information about Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokédex 3D Pro, visit http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com.

Note to Editors:

The Pokémon caught through Pokémon Dream Radar will only be shown in 2D when imported into either Pokémon Black Version 2 or Pokémon White Version 2 and played with the Nintendo 3DS.

About Nintendo 3DS:
Nintendo 3DS offers Parental Controls so that parents can control the level of 3D their children can view on the Nintendo 3DS as well as the content they can access. Nintendo 3DS also features a 3D depth slider which lets players turn off or adjust the level of 3D they want on the 3D Screen, two built-in screens for different functionality, a Circle Pad which provides a full 360 degrees of direction, a built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor. It is equipped with three cameras (two of which are facing outwards to allow the taking of 3D pictures), houses a 2GB SD Memory Card and is compatible with AR Cards which come packaged with Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo 3DS is also backwards compatible with all existing Nintendo DS games, which can be played in 2D on your Nintendo 3DS system.

About Nintendo
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 630 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi™ XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo® 64 and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.

About Pokémon: The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.co.uk.

Black 2 White 2 Launching 2 days after my birthday. /gloat

I am running Utah's biggest VG tournament ONE WEEK after the release of Black & White 2. I hope this doesn't cause any issues with the tournament (like connectivity between BW & BW2)

I am running Utah's biggest VG tournament ONE WEEK after the release of Black & White 2. I hope this doesn't cause any issues with the tournament (like connectivity between BW & BW2)

Simplest thing would be just to ban BW2 carts, if it'll be out for a mere week before your tourney, you put a big disadvantage to anyone not able to buy it.

That being said, regarding move tutor stuff, up to you to call as quite a few of them could be egg moves normally too.

I wouldn't expect that BW2's release is going to be that much of an issue for tournaments at release time. Unless the mass majority of players mad cram to convert over- I highly doubt that most people will have a cartridge right away as well.

People like me, Ulti, Regi- sure- we'll crunch time, but here in Oregon for tournaments we give a "grace period" before allowing the new games into tournaments to be fair.

Simplest thing would be just to ban BW2 carts, if it'll be out for a mere week before your tourney, you put a big disadvantage to anyone not able to buy it.

That being said, regarding move tutor stuff, up to you to call as quite a few of them could be egg moves normally too.

What I am going to do is test connectivity to ensure that they can connect together (they should right?). If that isn't an issue then I will check to see if the new genie forms will connect between B/W and B2/W2.

What I am going to do is test connectivity to ensure that they can connect together (they should right?). If that isn't an issue then I will check to see if the new genie forms will connect between B/W and B2/W2.

I believe they can connect (think Platinum and DP). Not sure about the formes.

Quick question: If it's a sequel shouldn't you start with the same hero/heroine in Black & White?

It's a sequel from a different point of view. Like how Episodes 4/5/6 are sequels to 1/2/3 but from a different characters (Luke/Han/Leia instead of Anakin/Obi Wan). A continuation of the story.

Pretty sure yes, because the main character's male companion from Black and White (Cheren) is a Gym Leader.

Well after going through all the list of catchable legendaries and such...all I can say is I'm sad they're region locked...I don't have a Japanese DS :(

Well after going through all the list of catchable legendaries and such...all I can say is I'm sad they're region locked...I don't have a Japanese DS :(

If you have an old DS or DS lite you'll be able to play it. 3DS and DSi/XL are the only region locked consoles.

If you have an old DS or DS lite you'll be able to play it. 3DS and DSi/XL are the only region locked consoles.

All of a sudden I feel the urge to start looking on ebay, as I do have my older DS :lol:

Though that wouldn't really help in getting anything from the Dream Radar :nonono:

Back