Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokebeach, what happened and why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Star

This is exactly what I typed, so everybody can read it:

Jake for me said:
It’s a shame I can’t directly tell everyone the truth and have to speak through somebody else, but it will do I guess.

Good evening everybody. I would like to explain a bit of misinformation that has been created by the webmaster of Pokebeach’s forums. All of my quoted material comes from this thread on Pokebeach’s forums. It is all a lie.

Water Pokemon Master said:
Luckily, Tikitiki helped us restore MOSTS of the posts from a backup.

“Tikitiki” isn’t even a real person. It's a double account of his. This just shows, however, the willingness for a coverup.

Today, I was trying to mass-delete posts in a hidden forum we have using a special code, and I accidentally did the same thing again (no, I did not make the same mistake twice, this was something completely different). THIS time, it somehow deleted posts for the whole forum, and many settings!

Not one bit of truth. This here was the product of WPM’s way of “explaining” how things happen. It was, in fact, not him that deleted the forums. The evidence is all there: why would a person named "Holy Star" be banned from Pokebeach all of a sudden, and why would "HolyStar" be banned on Pokegym?

Here is the honest truth: I did it. WPM could never accept the fact that on his forum, for the longest time, was a seed of destruction that would one day decide to “Have a mind - and use it.” It's apparent to me that he went out of his way to create a conspiracy out of it by saying "oh my forum broke."

Now you may be wondering, why would I do such a thing? Well, let me explain for you this great little analogy. Pokebeach is like a nest. Birds do not always live in their mother’s nests; no, they eventually spread their wings and fly away! This is why there are so many “young” people there and virtually no older teenagers!

For you see, I hope this is a jolt of reality for those that have read this. I hope you understand my plight. This is my one and only “attempt” to help others escape from a death trap like Pokebeach.

This was my original post that Jake posted here, but it was deleted. I was told that the meaning on what I said wasn’t clear, so I’ll explain what I meant on each point:

"Birds spreading their wings" refers directly to what, as I feel, will be the future for a majority of currently young members on the aforementioned website. They will realize that Pokebeach may not, after all, be the place for them when they grow up. So the only real good analogy is birds leaving their nests when they learn to fly on their own.

As for deleting the Pokebeach forums, I personally knew the forums weren't going to "vanish forever". Their website's information is almost constantly backed up and any information loss can and will be made up, I'm sure.

When I was getting the link again to the thread on Pokebeach, I noticed WPM posted something else that interests me greatly:

For anyone making conspiracy threads: Please stop. :/ I hate it when people "speculate" and make up things, presenting them as fact, and people who impersonate others.
Unfortunately, not even with every possible stride that I could make, I am incapable of WPM stopping himself. Not to mention, I was the one that's been banned from there and was shortly banned here.

If anybody CARES about this and has any questions, go ahead and ask.

Tikitiki is real, I've spoken to him on IRC, as have several members in the channel who could have seen his very different IP.

I don't particularly see why you needed to treat this like some conspiracy, you could have left with dignity or whatever and have been still welcome whenever to show up down the road.

You seem to just be preaching a lot of pseudo-intellectual things about a site that was, well, primarily younger members.

I like you and don't particularly hold a grudge over this. But I'm sad to see you have to leave our little community so drastically for reasons I believe are trivial. GOOD DAY SIR.

waitwaitwait... what?
i try to post, the topic disappears, i go spam another forum, its back
...X_X
anyway, why did you take down the forums?

Yeah Pokebeach forums are full of monkeybuisness and I do not go there anymore because A- They have stuff like this going on and B- The trading forum is made up of a whole international base which costs more money to send cards rather than the more North American centered board hurr.

I don't get what's going on, can somebody recap for me? (I haven't had my own internet for weeks)

waitwaitwait... what?
i try to post, the topic disappears, i go spam another forum, its back
...X_X
anyway, why did you take down the forums?

Ya, me too.

I tried to post, but it dissapeared.

Paraphrased: It said something about the topic wasn't really defined. I couldn't tell what had happened or why.

Alright, basically what happened was I decided to delete the forums on Pokebeach. Then I was banned both there and here.

Okay, so I try to block the public humiliation you would receive, taking the blame myself, wanting to do you a favor, but you go out of your way to post that you "deleted" PokeBeach forums on another forum so people know what you did?

Wow, that's intelligent.

So, uhhh, what exactly do you want people to know? What have you gained? We restored the forums. o_O Are you proud for being an annoyance and for wanting to publicly humiliate yourself in front of people? o_O You deleted the forums for... no apparently good or sensible reason.

Yes everyone, Holy Star went out of his way as a past admin to delete our forums and ban everyone in our chat room, even though it was fixed right away. Uhh, touché, HS? Win?

I am personally more appalled at the Gym, especially PokePop, for allowing this topic to exist. PokePop likes to get satisfaction out of rival sites having problems - he hopes people on his own forum will think the other site is worst or something - I don't know.

What I don't get is why, for someone who likes to go around deleting posts and references to PokeBeach (you, PokePop, not that I really care), wants a whole topic devoted to the existence of the other forum?

I mean really, what does PokeBeach have to do with the PokeGym, especially one of our admins who did something on our forums? What business is it of yours? You don't see us posting about bad things that go on the Gym, so why clutter up your board with topics related to other sites about situations 100% unrelated to you? o-O I also don't think anyone from your forum really cares about my forum, and that no one wants to see such a stupid and unrelated topic.

Yeah, and bye Holy Star. You got your "dramatic ending." I'm happy for you.

if it makes you feel better WPM, this thread WAS deleted by pokepop, until it was apparantly athorized and he put it back on
still... why did you do this star?

Who cares why he did it? Don't give him the satisfaction of the attention he is receiving, nor this topic's existence. Why does it really matter to anyone from here?

im not giving him attention, im giving him absolute DISGUST
if he tells me something like he did it because he could, ill be sure to watch my back around him, and never trust him again
thats why i want to know why

HolyStar... I fully give you the satisfaction of the attention from the existence of this topic.

Ha,who cares who visits the site though really.I don't see the need to attack it, maybe theres something I missed?

The thread belongs here. As long as it's within board rules it shouldn't be an issue. Pokebeach is very big in the Pokemon TCG Community and would come under TCG News and Gossip. People have different opinions and are free to express them as long as they don't break rules and the topics are in the right area.

I left beach a long time ago. I was a strategist, I tried to get things moving, nothing happened, I left. There were only a handful of intellectual members, the rest were like "ZOMG CHARIZARD"- which I personally found to be annoying at times. There were members who were willing to learn when advice was given, others were noobs who shutdown the logical posters because the 'noobs' think they're better. One of the mods even gave up. I just think the Pokebeach forum is more trouble than it's worth. I visit the site for information, because the information is very nicely formatted and up to date... but I refuse to touch the forums with a 10-foot mouse clicker.

meh, random thoughts on all of this

btw, Holy, why did you delete the forums? o.o *justoutofcuriosity*

EDIT: NVM! the whole birds and the nest thing- I get it.

Our forums are targeted to a younger demographic - kids. It's a place where they can post and not be embarrassed about what they ask, not be intimidated by older players, or intimidated/bashed by "groups" or "teams" of people who attack them.

That's like criticizing Pokemon for the sheer amount of kids that are involved in it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back