Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Puzzlers Winners + Poll

What the best PokeGym Puzzler special title?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime

Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host
PokeGym Puzzlers
Blast from the Past
Translated Puzzles from Japan

Now that the event is over, here are the winners!
  • Brawler1624
  • Cardkeeper
  • Cardzmaster2004
  • Cephalized
  • Darkash
  • Dave321
  • Emodicer
  • FurretFTW!!1!
  • Garch
  • Honchvire
  • Luxatos
  • Ninjask88
  • Origin Giratina
  • Pajamas
  • Rai
  • RB Golbat
  • Red5bv06
  • Sandslash7
  • ShadowGuard
  • Shaymin of the Skies
  • Superwolfs
  • The Dark Toxicroak
  • Tim17
  • Tyranny of Tyranitar
  • Ugly Psyducky
  • Wally
  • Weasel Zero
  • Volt
These people solved all 7 puzzles correctly!

I have thrown around the idea of a special title to those who solved all the puzzles correctly, and a few ideas have been tossed around. I'm going to hold a poll and see what the community likes best. Here are the choices:
  • Conundrum Solver
  • Brainteaser Master
  • Puzzle Brain
  • Frontier Brain
  • Enigma Examiner
  • Riddle Resolver
  • Decipher Master
  • Puzzle Master
  • Puzzle Prognosticator
  • Other (please say on this thread)
Please vote above.

The answers to the previous puzzles are...

Day 1: Fisherman Walter (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Reteat your active Floatzel to the bench by discarding 1 water energy attached to it, and move your benched Empoleon to the active position.
  2. Play the Trainer card, Energy switch, from your hand to move the leftover basic Water energy from your benched Floatzel to your active Empoleon.
  3. Level up Empoleon. This provides Empoleon with 10 more HP.
  4. Attach the Rainbow Energy special energy card from your hand to your active Empoleon, in the process doing 10 damage to Empoleon.
  5. Use Empoleon lv.X's Hydro Impact attack to do 80 damage to your opponent's benched Carnivine. Resistance is not applied on the bench.
  6. Carnivine is knocked out, and you win the game.
Day 2: Collector Dean (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Play the Warp Point trainer card from your hand to switch your Active Asleep Leafeon lv.X with your Benched Eevee. This also causes the opponent to switch his Active Aerodactyl with the only other Pokemon on their field, their Benched Hypno.
  2. Evolve Eevee into Umbreon.
  3. Attach the Health Energy to Swampert, to remove 10 damage from it, increasing it's remaining HP to 50.
  4. Free retreat Umbreon and bring up Leafeon Lv.X.
  5. Use Swampert's Poke-Power, Wash Out twice, to move the Basic Water energy attached to Swampert and the Multi energy attached to Umbreon to your Active Leafeon Lv.X. After each use, Aerodactyl's Poke-Body, Primal Claw will place 2 damage counters on Swampert, reducing Swampert's remaining HP to 10.
  6. Use Leafeon Lv.X's Poke-Power to attach the Recover energy to either of your bench Pokemon.
  7. Use Leafeon Lv.X's Verdant Dance attack to deal 30 + 20 (energy on leafeon) + 30 (energy on swampert) = 80 damage to Hypno.
  8. Hypno is knocked out, and you win the game!.
Day 3: Rich Boy Jason (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Retreat the Active Infernape for no energy to the bench, and move the Benched Empoleon to the Active position.
  2. Play the Energy Switch trainer from your hand to move the Basic Fire energy from the benched Infernape to the active Empoleon.
  3. Attach the Multi Energy special energy card from your hand to the Active Empoleon.
  4. Place the Turtwig from your hand onto your bench.
  5. Evolve the damaged Turtwig on the bench to Grotle in order to make sure it isn't KO'd by any further damage this turn.
  6. Use Empoleon's Surf Together attack to do 50 damage plus 30 more damage because you have 3 benched Pokemon, and plus 20 more damage because of Hippowdon's weakness to Water, to do a combined total of 100 damage.
  7. Hippowdown is knocked out, and you win!
Day 4: Youngster Calvin (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Play the Stadium, Stark Mountain, to cause the opponent's Snowpoint Temple to be discarded.
  2. Play the card Switch, to switch your active Groudon with your benched Heatran.
  3. Use Regirock's Poke-Power, Regi-Cycle, and discard the Health Energy, and an Energy Switch from your hand to attach a Fighting energy card from the discard pile to Regirock.
  4. Use the ability from the stadium Stark Mountain and move a fighting energy from Regirock on the bench to the active Heatran.
  5. Attach the Fighting Energy from your hand to the active Heatran.
  6. Use Heatran's Poke-Power, Flash Fire, and move the Multi Energy attached to Regirock on the bench to the active Heatran.
  7. Use Heatran's Magma Storm attack and discard the (1) basic fire energy, and the (2) basic fighting energy attached to Heatran so that Magma Storm can do 40 + 60 more damage, for a total of 100 damage to the defending Regigigas.
  8. Regigigas is knocked out and you win!
Day 5: Ace Trainer Blake (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Play the Trainer Card, Switch, from your hand, to switch your Active Growlithe with your Benched Palkia.
  2. Level up Palkia.
  3. Evolve your benched Growlithe into Arcanine. Use Arcanine's Poke-Power, Flame Dash, to switch it with your Active Palkia lv.X, and move all energy from Palkia lv.X to Arcanine.
  4. Retreat your Active Arcanine to the bench, discarding 2 Multi Energy attached to it, and send your Palkia lv.X to active position.
  5. Use Palkia Lv.X's Poke-Power, Restructure, which will switch Palkia lv.X and Arcanine, and also switch the opponent's Charizard and Lickilicki.
  6. Use Arcanine's attack, Inferno Onrush, to deal 120 damage to the defending Lickilicki and 40 damage to itself.
  7. Lickilicki is knocked out, and you win!
Day 6: Gym Leader Misty (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Play the Trainer, Warp Point, from your hand to switch your Active Plusle with your benched Gastrodon East Sea. Also, your opponent's Active Shuckle is forced to switch their only other Pokemon on the field, their benched Kecleon.
  2. Retreat Gastrodon East Sea, discarding the Basic Fighting Energy and the Basic Water Energy attached to it, and move your Benched Gastrodon West Sea to the Active Position.
  3. Play the Trainer, Energy Switch, from your hand to move the Basic Water energy attached to your Benched Mantine to your active Gastrodon West Sea.
  4. Use Plusle's Poke-Power, Plus Charge, and search your discard pile for the basic Energy you discarded when Gastrodon East Sea retreated and put them into your hand.
  5. Attach the Basic Fighting energy from your hand to your Active Gastrodon West Sea.
  6. Use your benched Gastrodon East Sea's Poke-Power, Osmotic Pressure, to move the 30 damage from it to your active Gastrodon West Sea.
  7. Place Jolteon* from your hand onto your bench. Jolteon*'s Poke-Power, Yellow Ray actives, and places 1 damage counter on Kecleon and Gastrodon West Sea.
  8. Use your Gastrodon West Sea's attack, Raging Flood, to deal 20 damage plus 60 more damage because Gastrodon West Sea has 60 damage on it, plus 10 more damage because of Kecleon's weakness to Fighting, minus 10 damage because of the Drake's Stadium Stadium card in play, minus 40 damage because of Kecleon's Poke-Body, Camouflage, for a total of 40 damage.
  9. Kecleon is knocked out, and you win the game!
Day 7: Elite Four Flint (click here for the puzzle)
  1. Play the Trainer card, Warp Point, from your hand to switch your Active Unown E with your benched Lumineon. This also will switch your Opponent's Active Electivire lv.X with his only other Pokemon on the field, Driftblim.
  2. Use Unown E's Poke-Power, Equip, which will discard all cards attached to Unown E, and attach itself as a Pokemon Tool onto your benched Blissey. Blissey's remaining HP is increased to 20.
  3. Use Typhlosion's Poke-Power, Firestarter, to attach the Fire energy that was originally attached to Unown E, that is now in the discard pile, to your benched Blissey.
  4. Attach one of the Rainbow Energy special energy cards from your hand to your Blissey, which will do 10 damage to Blissey in the process, reducing Blissey's reamining HP to 10.
  5. Use Lumineon's Poke-Power, Lure Ring, and switch your opponent's benched Electivire lv.X with their active Driftblim.
  6. Retreat Lumineon to your bench, discarding the 1 Basic Water energy attached to it, and move your Benched Blissey to the active Position.
  7. Use Blissey's attack, Happy Chance, which will attach the Water energy you just discarded to retreat Lumineon to it, and will do 20 damage plus 50 more damage to the defending Electivire lv.X, for a total of 70 damage.
  8. Electivire lv.X is knocked out, and you win the game!

Last edited:
I voted Frontier Brain. Because after I thought about it, the Frontier Brains can run into tight spots, but when they do they always come through. So that actually sounds fitting. ;]

I think frontier brain might confuse some people. Usually titles like that are used to suggest something to do with the video game. Often sites have video game leagues where you would have to beat Frontier brains or Gym leaders and I just don't want to be confused with that.

Puzzle Master.

You mastered all puzzles, so you're the Puzzle Master.

Why puzzle master,,, it's too simple, we need something rarely used like decipher

Puzzle master is an easy and a cool title. Frontier brain is to Pokemon orientated and what we did didn't have much to do with Pokemon. The puzzles just used Pokemon but really we didn't do some crazy Pokemon Feat.

Decipher master sounds lame if something better was introduced then maybe. King of riddles or something would be sweet too :p

Enigma Examiner is what i vote for.

For those that do not read comic books, DC Super villain - The Riddler's real name is Edward Nigma (E.nigma - get it?) so being as the riddles matched up with something the The Riddler would do, i vote for Enigma Examiner for the title.

Enigma Examiner is what i vote for.

For those that do not read comic books, DC Super villain - The Riddler's real name is Edward Nigma (E.nigma - get it?) so being as the riddles matched up with something the The Riddler would do, i vote for Enigma Examiner for the title.
I do like the Enigma Examiner title... but I always thought it would be cool to be a Frontier Brain so that is why I voted for it. If there is a tie I will switch mine to it!

I voted for Frontier Brain as well. I'm aware that it's more vid game related and not really related to the TCG, but still it seems cool.

I didn't vote for either of my suggestions as I didn't think they'd really be considered (lolz).

@The Dark Toxicroak

I have to agree with wally that as long as its not too simple, I'm cool with anything....that being said - Puzzle master my be cool, but I keep thinking of the yugioh vid games where you solve the duel puzzles (similar to what we just did)....so it could be vid game related as well.....food for thought?

overall I really don't much care what we get, cause we get a nifty special title!

I'm hearing from the higher ups that whichever title that wins is probably going to have to be followed by the word 'winner', just so people don't think these people are staff members.

So it'd be 'Frontier Brain Winner' or 'Puzzle Master Winner'.

I'll update you guys if anything else changes.

I voted Fronteir Brain. My second choice is Puzzle Master. But in all seriousness, I really don't care because Im excited just to have a title at all! :)

Q)How many ears does Spock Have?
A) Three.. a left ear, a right ear and space the final frontier.

err maybe I'm in the wrong thread LOL

I went for the obvious and clear description of Puzzle Master. I can just hear Bart Simpson laughing at anyone being called Frontier Brain... err drat I mean Team Rocket laughing... :D

Dang, I forgot to enter my submissions. <-- Is a noob.

Oh well, grats to all the winners who did get them right!

Congrats to all the winners.

I voted for Frontier Brain because it goes with Pokemon and makes it seem like they have an adventurous mind that can deal with complicated things.

I said Frontier Brain as well, Riddle Resolver was a close 2nd.

I chose Frontier Brain as well. Its simple, identifiable, and sounds impressive lol.

Great contest, Prime!!! Those puzzles were very fun!!!

I wonder what EeveeLover's "other" would be....??

My thoughts on Frontier Brain:

Frontier Brain is all good for the present when it relates to Pokemon and everyone understands its relation. How about in a year or two when all the SP Pokemon are phased out? It will be a title that cause confusion and your inbox will be so full of irritating "What does that mean?" ALL the time, you will likely miss messages. I think you may want to reconsider that one. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back