Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Roundtable 15 - BBC & NPR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
On this week's PokeGym Roundtable our colleagues from the United Kingdom give an overview of Organized Play and the metagame in Great Britain. Following that we have Erik Nance giving a tour of his Rhyperior deck concept.

Pokegym Roundtable Podcast

Roundtable 15: "BBC & NPR"

Technical notes:
Lots of sounds, besides voices. Full chapters & graphics on the iTunes version.

Want to get the podcast?
To tune in you need some podcast client software!

You can get the Windows or Mac version of iTunes as a free download and get all the bells and whistles of images and links that play along with the podcast.

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this NEW link:

The enhanced version of the Podcast that plays in Podcast clients has episode art, chapters and links that you can see and interact with as you play the podcast.

If you need to enter your feed URL manually, then paste this URL into your non-iTunes podcast client:

If you don't use a podcast client, can't play mp4 or want a file 90% the size of the normal one, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast (available by 9PM PDT Weds May 30) at:

http://pokegym.net/podcast/pokegymroundtable015.mp3

If you use Digg - 'dig this podcast!': http://digg.com/podcasts/The_PokeGym...Gym_Roundtable

Wait, don't gooooooo!

Don't tune out when we start to lose ukpokemonpro to the 'crackle monster' at the end of the first segment! We have a fun 'bumper' segue into an interesting Rhyperior deck section.

You sound pretty tired there. What time of day did you record this?

hah, very good Steve. I pretty much am tired, regardless of ToD. bulba-snore, should probably have been named 'sleepy bulbasaur'.

We took advantage of the holiday in UK & US and recorded Monday noon here for "BBC" and 9AM for "NPR".

BONG!

Sorry. I'll try to get the mp3 version up this weekend. Off to BR. Skype, yes.

I don't suppose you can make it a clickable link? I like to download the MP3 and listen to it on my MP3 Player.

Did you guys do it on skype?

'snore skyped us yes, I was on a crackly landline that just got worse :(

Steve was tired and Ian had the best connection of all :D

Good fun and something I think we should definitely do again and Dom I am sure you'll be invited :thumb:

BBC is based in the UK. NPR is based in the US.

True enough!

BBC - British Broadcasting Company. Since our cast was from Britain, I did my best to do an homage to the old BBC Radio call -- where they would play the Big Ben clock tower chime (its in London) and then say, "This is London calling ..." and name the area for that particular radio service. Also the relation to the clip from The Clash tune "London Calling" at the end of that section, just to underscore the point that "what they said ... is true!".

NPR - Nidoqueen Pidgeot Rhyperior, the deck discussed by Erik Nance in the latter half of the podcrash. Kind of like National Public Radio. Check out Erik's thread on this in deck help forum. Search for 'broadcasting'.

I've decided to have a listen to these. Downloading them all to iTunes now. Will edit this post with opinions later.

EDIT: Loved the first bit. Having started playing recently, and being in the UK, finding out a bit about the current metagame, as well as a little history was great. I've never seen SpeedTrode personally, and at regionals I played lots of MetaNite, and a Shiftry, as well as one rogue. At my league, absolutely everything (with the exception of Ryan Tur's recent BanDoom and Sami Sekkoum's Destiny has been rogue.)

The Rhyperior section was interesting, but not as so, because I won't be going to Worlds, and I'm mainly interested in getting myself ready for next season. So POP2 techs made it a bit pointless for me, and without those, or even Briney the deck won't work. So yeah, great podcast, but enjoyed the British bit more.

Oh, and one strange thing, I downloaded all the podcasts, but it'll only let me listen to the most recent.

Last edited:
Hmm. That is odd. Are you sure they downloaded, or are they just listed? Check for a [GET] button (you might have to click the triangle first).

Hey, thanks for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back