Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Site problems?

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
I've been having problems accessing the site sometimes and NoPoke reports similar issues.
Is anyone else having problems getting to the site or loading pages?

Yeah, I've been having the same problems - mind you I'm in the same neck of the woods as NoPoke.

There's been a problem due to the broken transatlantic optical cable that went down last Tuesday (25 Nov). Some ISP's had to re-route traffic to overcome the break, resulting in network management difficulties that were affecting end-users. France Telecom still have not restored a section of cable for which they were responsible.

When I get on to the site it's fine, when I don't I get a 10053 'Software caused connection to abort' error.

It's a bit weird you getting the same error though?

Lately the host has been getting attacked non-stop with mySQL (database) and server requests. I'm currently in the process of getting in contact with them to find out the problems (don't worry, to my knowledge it's not us causing any problems).

If you get any mySQL (database) errors, I am probably already aware of them, and have been for several minutes.

For those of you who may have knowledge of *nix servers, the server load is on average of 25/25/30 during these attacks, shutting the servers down.

In lamens terms, the server is currently having problems with being attacked. You will be experiencing database errors until the attacks are stopped. If you experience MORE than a database error, a "cannot find server" message, or slow load times, please email me at [email protected].

Last edited:
count me in had problems accessing all day yesterday and several things I posted or pmed did not go throughare we all fixed now?
BLiZ

BLiZzArD: According to what Onederlnd says, nope, we're still encountering issues. Since it is with the host, there is nothing we can do on our end.

Access has been "miss-or-miss" (not even good enough to be called "hit-or-miss") over the last 24- 48 hours...

Last edited:
RainbowRichards said:
Access has been "miss-or-miss" (not even good enough to be called "hit-or-miss") over the last 24- 48 hours...

I've had a few problems but, not to the extent alot of you seem to have.

Yeah, just in these past 3 days, the 'Gym has been really slow to load, and, when it did, it ususally said that the page couldn't be displayed.

Yes, I"ve been having the same problems as Postdog2Gengar. Sometimes a page will take forever to load, then come up with the "Cannot find server" page. I find that I'll have some trouble with one thread, but if I try another thread, sometimes it works.

Quite a few times this week the gym has been slow or completely unaccessible. 2 days ago I think, I was constantly reloading the gym to see if it was back on since I was typing also. When I finally accessed it I was the only one on-line (since it was just fixed I guess) and there hadn't been a post in almost 2 hours.

here I was blaming my dial up conection... been using DSl, but moved, no DSL til next week sometime:mad: . Guess it is better than nothing....

GuardianTIM said:
Sometimes a page will take forever to load, then come up with the "Cannot find server" page. I find that I'll have some trouble with one thread, but if I try another thread, sometimes it works.
Same for me. I've been having this happen occasionally for a few days - I don't know exactly how many.

Back