Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemillionaire II: A WINNER HAS BEEN DECIDED!!!!!

Postdog2Gengar

Yes, it is I, Regis Postdog here, with the sequal to the Pokegym's fastest-growing quiz sensation, Who Wants to be a Pokemillionaire. For those of you who don't know, the rules are almost exactly the same as the show "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". I will think of a Pokemon Trivia Question and post it here. You must send me a private message. This can be done my clicking on my screen name and then clicking Send Postdog2Gengar a private message. Please do not post the answer here, as it will give it away. Then, after a certain amount of time, I will post here those who will move on to round 2. There are 15 rounds, which go in this pattern:

1. $100
2. $200
3. $300
4. $500
5. $1000 *
6. $2000
7. $4000
8. $8000
9. $16000
10. $32000 *
11. $64000
12. $125000
13. $250000
14. $500000
15. $1000000

At any time, you may stop and keep the money you have. The asterisks beside questions 5 and 10 mean that if you get a question wrong, instead of losing all of your money, you will simply fall back to that dollar amount.

There are no lifelines.

Oh, and for all legal reasons, no actual prizes and/or money are awarded; this is just a fun game.

Here is you first question; please send me your responses via private messaging.

1. In the subject of Anime, what is the name of the main character from Pallet Town who owns a Pikachu?

(Remember, they do get harder) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Umm.. postdog? The e-mail link you tried to put in didn't work, and in your profile you've opted not to show your e-mail adress. There's nowhere to send the responses to.

Well, I tried clicking on "Send PostDog2gengar an e-mail" and it said this:

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help. "

Hmm... you know, from the looks of things right now, this board has the Private Message system enabled at the moment. We may be able to do this through the private messages (plus it would make it easier for you to tell who's who on here.) I'm going to test to see if Private Messages are enabled, then I'm going to send you my answer through the Private Message system. Hold on one moment.

Okay that took longer than I wanted it to (stupid computer don't freeze on me). And Private Messages do work. With your approval, postdog2gengar, I suggest that we send the answers to you via Private Message.

Last edited:
Hey, Anaconda, you are a genius! That's a great idea! From now on, please send me your answers through private messaging, which can be done by clicking on my screen name and then clicking Send Postdog2Gengar a private message.

Ok, so far I have 7 replies. I want to get 10 before I move to round 2, but I will move on anyway if I don't get 3 more by the end of tommorrow (Aug 11)

Ok, it's time to move on to Round 2. The following people have moved on:

Squirtle007
rebellee1187
Pidgeotto Trainer (I'll try to spell it right this time)
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

As you all probably knew, the answer was Ash Ketchum, or I also accepted Ash.

Moving on, here is the question for Round 2. You must reply by 9:00 CST (Central Standard Time) on Wednesday.

In what version of the Game Boy Game of Pokemon is your starting Pokemon always Pikachu?

Just curious... but can I just jump into the game now, or does it require starting from the beginning? :D

Matthew :)

Sorry, you have to start from the beginning, but I will probably do this again, so be looking.

Ok, I have all of the replies in, so I'm goiong to go ahead with Round 3.

The following people have moved on:

Squirtle007
rebellee1187
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer was Pokemon Yellow.

Ok, here's the question for Round 3. I want all answers in by 9:00 CST on Friday. We are having a few computer problems, however, so I might not be able to reply that soon.

Also, in the subject of your private message, please put "Round 3" somewhere.

Name the 3 Pokemon that you have the choice to start with in Ruby or Sapphire.

Ok, we finally got a patch for our computer. Tuns out we had the worm that has been going around Microsoft systems. Anyway, Round 3 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers for it. The following people have moved on to Round 4:

Squirtle007
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer to the Round 3 question was our old friends, Treeko, Torchic, and Mudkip.

Ok, here's the Round 4 question. I will be accepting answers until 9:00 CST on Tuesday.

In R/B/Y, you got to explore Kanto. In G/S/C, you got to explore Johto. What world do you get to explore in Ruby and Sapphire?

I have all of the responses in, so I am going to end Round 4 now. The following people have moved on to Round 5:

Squirtle007
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer to Question #4 was Hoenn.

Ok, here's the Round 5 question. I will be accepting answers for this question until 9:00 CST on Friday.

Also keep in mind that if you get this question right, you are guaranteed $1,000, even if you miss a question later.

In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 64, you can unlock 4 Secret Characters. Which one of them is a Pokemon?

Man, everyone replied really reallly fast to that one! Round 5 is now over, and I will no longer be accepting answers to it.

The following people have moved on to Round 6 and are insured $1,000:

Squirtle007
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer to question #5 was Jigglypuff.

OK, here's the question for Round 6. I will be accepting answers for this question until 9:00 CST on Friday.

Also, please remember to put the Round number in the subject of the private message.

The move Water Sport lowers the power of what type of moves?

Last edited:
Ok, I have all of the replies in, so I'm going to move on to Round 7. The following people have moved on:

Squirtle007
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer was Fire-type moves.

Ok, here's the question for Round 7. I will be accepting answers until 9:00 CST on Friday.

When you buy Ruby or Sapphire, you also get a card to scan in your E-Reader. They each have a different person with different Pokemon on them. Tell me the names of the two trainers on the cards, and also which game they come with. Please phrase your answer like this:

Ruby: (name of trainer)
Sapphire: (name of trainer)

Sorry that I was late on this reply. School just started for me, and I've been busy with that. Anyway, Round 7 is now over, and I will no longer be accepting answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 8:

Squirtle007
Pidgeotto Trainer
KayLynn
The Fish King
yoshi1001
The Anaconda

The answer was Ruby: Gentleman Nils and Sapphire: Lady Astrid.

Ok, here's the question for Round 8. I will be accepting answers until 9:00 CST on Tuesday.

What is the name of the cave in Sootopolis city in which you find Kyogre in Sapphire?

Round 8 is over; I will no longer be accepting answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 9:

KayLynn
Pidgeotto Trainer
Squirtle007
The Fish King

The answer was The Cave of Origin.

Ok, here is the question for Round 9. Because of school starting and other things, I will be accepting answers until 9:00 PM on Saturday.

According to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, all life starts in the Cave of Origin and ends where?

Hey, I was wondering if you'ld ever get around to posting the next question... It's a little late.

Just brining it to your attention.

First off, I would like to say that I am sorry for being so extremely late with this reply. I have been tied up with some stuff at school right now, but it won't happen again, I promise. Ok, Round 9 is over, and I will no longer be accepting answers to it (hopefully you got it in by now). The following people have moved on to Round 10:

Kaylynn
Pidgeotto Trainer
Squirtle007
The Fish King

The answer was Mt. Pyre.

This is the all-important Round 10 question. Whoever gets this will be guaranteed $32,000. The deadline is 9:00 CST on Friday.

Which of the following is incorrect?

Doduo can learn fly.
Butterfree can't learn fly.
Dragon Rage always does exactly 40.5 damage.

Last edited:
No problem, Fish King. I can realize that a lot of you were probably getting pretty mad at me anyway. Once again, I apologize, and I promise it won't happen again.

Anyway, Round 10 is over; I will no longer be accepting answers for this question. The following people have moved on to Round 11 and are guaranteed $32,000:

The Fish King
KayLynn
Pidgeotto Trainer

The answer was that Dragon Rage does not do 40.5 damage; it only does 40.

Ok, the questions are going to get a lot harder. This is going to be a special question. I will not only ask a question, but I will also give a bonus question. If you get the regular question but not the bonus one, there is no problem; you can still continue the game. But if you get the bonus question, and, at the end of the game, if someone with the bonus question ties (answers the same number of questions right) with someone without the bonus question, the person who got the bonus question would win.

Ok, here's the question. I will accept replies until Thursday at 9:00 CST.

In one of the Trick House challenges in Sapphire (not sure about Ruby), what did the trick house man name the Robots? (Spelling will count)

BONUS QUESTION: What does the sign outside the Trick House say?

Back