Pokemon Center.com Closing January 31st

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Snowball21, Jan 22, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowball21

Snowball21 New Member

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

*cries* :'(

'mom

3. Shellshock929

Shellshock929 <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

RIP Pokemoncenter.com, you will be missed.

4. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I didn't see this coming.

I wonder if they will have any good "going-out-of-business" sales.

5. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

No way...it just doesn't make sense why they'd close it. Granted, I haven't ever ordered anything there, but I always liked that it was available in case I needed to...

Also, slightly off topic, but where the heck can I get an Espeon Poke Doll? It's not part of the one Eevee collection (which is a bit pricey anyways) and not listed on there anyways...

6. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

I was just thinking of this scenario yesterday. They have not added any new merchandise in a long time. I have purchased many more unique items from the site for my family. What a bummer.....

7. Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara New Member

Ebay.

Blast, I was planning to get some people together and do an order. Looks like if I want to order anything I'll have to do it now. D:

8. masterryanx

masterryanx New Member

The Espeon dolls have been out of stock for some time now, they're quite popular. They didn't include it in the Eevee bundle because they simply didn't have any left. If Espeon plushes don't magically restock themselves withing the coming days than it seems your final hope is eBay. And good luck with that, because I've seen popular plushes sell for up to $50 or $60 dollars.

9. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Considering how they've messed up my order for D/P......

10. Articjedi

Articjedi Active Member

Crap they already sold out of umbreon dolls.

11. totoro

totoro Active Member

With Jaxx making plushies for retail, I assume this effectively kills the non-import market for "real" pokedolls.
    :frown:

12. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

I don't know - there are some websites and we even have a local Anime store that stocks imports. And hopefully more vendors will bring Pok├ęstuff to Origins, etc. this year.

13. Croatian_Nidoking

Croatian_Nidoking New Member

I wonder what they're gonna do with the remaining Pokemon stock. Sell it off, perhaps?

- Croatian (we'll miss ya, Pokemon Center) Nidoking

14. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

I found it interesting that they chose to sell the regular Ultra Pro sleeves, and not any of the ones distributed through the prereleases...

-fK

15. Lawman

Lawman Active Member

Thats bc the sleeves were unique and special for the PRs. Gives people an extra incentive to come to the PRs.

Keith

16. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

They got more of em in it seems. It's not listed as out of stock anymore.

17. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

You are right. They added a lot since this morning. They must be clearing out the warehouse or whatever. Now how much can I spend without getting into trouble????

18. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

*sheds tear*

I've never shopped at PC and I guess I never will now.

19. Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara New Member

Dammit, I already made my order and now they have Eevee in again! I really wanted an Eevee, but it's too late now, I can't get money over to my US friend in time :(

20. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

and I noticed they're already gone again. It's crazy how they went in and out so fast. I'm sorry I couldn't get another order in. But hey, you've got a nice pretty package of stuff sitting here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.